The Sand Box

liz

Sand Box

The scent of antiquity discovered - ancient Egypt unearthed...a heady mix of Egyptian musks and ornate resins with a touch of immortal fig, light and dark ambers, and finished with a dry exotic whisper of sandy earth and cassia essential oil. Has a forbidden, mysterious aura that both women and men will love to wear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CASSIA ~ Sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection,
aids restful sleep, divination, sexuality.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
EASTERN RESINS ~ Purification, consecration, protection, immortality, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not at all what I was expecting :huh:
in fact hadn't even given this little "sleeper" a chance

at first I get the EARTH ??! :shocked:
I wasn't sure what it was at first and had to check ingredients, heh...I REALLY love the smell of rich,damp,dark soil, so that's a PLUS for me
next I'm very aware of the resins, then the musk....mmm, nice, not controlling or overwhelming, but not soft, cant put my finger on, hmm
now the fig, not as vibrant as in Enchanted Wonderland, but it's presence is def there, just sort of floating, like...hanging out
now that's it's dry and it's been about 1/2 hour since applying, it's light and as I move I get a nice whiffs of dark sweetness :heart:

after over an hour, the more I smell this the more I like it ! now I want a bottle !!

I *really* liked this last time I wore it - like you said Liz, it starts off a bit sweet, but turns VERY unisex after a bit, and just GORGEOUS. I dabbed my guy friend (not sweetie) last night to have him try it too... this is a very unique and intriguing one!

Mara & Luna said Enchanted Wonderland is supposed to be more like Sug's Magi

Right. Mara actually created The Sand Box over a year ago (I think?) as a scent which was supposed to specifically remind one of Ancient Egypt.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a definite favorite for me; this does make me think of Sugared Magi! The fig and resin mix, again, is just such a perfect scent for my brain. You know, one of those toes-curling-in-pleasure kind of things. Is there myrrh in this, Mara? Because that's what I think I'm getting in there somewhere, and I love myrrh. I'm glad the cassia isn't strong on me at all, and the musk makes it very smooth and wearable.

Luna gives this Two Moons up! :thumbup:

When I first took a sniff of this on my wrist, I closed my eyes and said, "YES." It is resinous and sweet and I love it. I don't get the earth scent and really wish I did, but I'm seeing a full bottle in my future anyway....

After about an hour the sweetness has died down and the musk it peeking through with the resins (I smell frankincense) and ambers. Lalalove it!

Edited by Pele

this did not smell at all like i expected - but i am OBSESSED! surprise love for me for sure - i get very sweet, almost creamy (???!!) with the resins floating very lightly. yes - i see drifting white sands for sure, but with yummyness :) i'm very curious about how it would smell on a male - can't imagine it being anything like it smells on me??!

The first time I sniffed 'The Sand Box' in the vial, I thought: may be not for me, and I'd put it aside. Yesterday, I opened it again and tried it on my wrists. Well, that was a big surprise: after half an hour, the scent somehow mellowed on my skin to a very lovely scent which made me want to sniff my wrists all the time. I think, according to my taste, the best ingredient in this blend is the Egyptian Musk. Reminds me a bit of some rare incense. The fig is rather faint, as well as Vanilla and Resin. As for the Cassia flower: I'm not really sure about what Cassia flower smells like. Anyway, this blend is a winner!

oh heck. snowflake, you're gonna make me drag mine out of the swaps box and try it on, lol. I really didn't like the smell in the vial, so I didn't even try it on. But I love Egyptian musk....

As for the Cassia flower: I'm not really sure about what Cassia flower smells like. Anyway, this blend is a winner!

I believe the cassia is actually a type of cinnamon bark, not a flower.

oh heck. snowflake, you're gonna make me drag mine out of the swaps box and try it on, lol. I really didn't like the smell in the vial, so I didn't even try it on. But I love Egyptian musk....

Yeah, Molls, you should give it a try. Just allow the scent to settle down on your skin for some time. Hope you'll like it.

I believe the cassia is actually a type of cinnamon bark, not a flower.

Oh really? That's why I think I can make out some light cinnamon notes. Thank you, Luna.

Edited by snowflake

This is so odd on me! Those notes are all good for me, and I will amp cassia sometimes...so I had this idea of how it would smell. I was not correct! Heh. I think I am amping the cassia a tad, but it combines with whatever else to smell really peculiar on me for a good while. I can't describe it very well...it's almost plastic, but it's almost weird wood. However! If I hang in there for a while, it starts morphing into more of the scent I expected, and I do get the Egyptian musk and some resins, and it smells really GOOD! I'm just not certain I can hang with the initial oddness. I tried it out on Mr. Matt and the oddness passed more quickly on him, PLUS it smelled even better on *him* when it did its beauty-morph! I'm talkin' serious NOM.

I am, of course, going to keep messing with this one. B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Within 15 minutes its all musk on me.

I loved this one so much upon first swipe, that I actually want to try it at different times of the month to see if I can hold on to the scent better....

as of right now, my skin ate it up in minutes.... but if in a week I can hold on to it better, im in hoard-mode.

• 1 month later...

I so did not expect to like this. I was actually planning to test it last out of the 36 samples I got in my last order, because I was so sure I would not like it. But I was going through my samples the other night and curiosity got the better of me, and I swiped it on my leg - my regular testing ground for scents I'm fairly certain I will dislike, or which will dislike me. And man - when I got that first whiff of earth, I thought, "good thing I put it on my leg", and went about my business, because I'm not a fan of the earth smells. But about an hour later I was curled up watching a movie, and I kept getting whiffs of this gorgeous musky smell. It was heavy, but sort of airy too. There was a definite lightness about the smell. So I sniffed around all my other application points, and finally zeroed in on this completely awesome, totally sexy smell on my inner knee. I was floored. I sort of contorted my body to let BF have a sniff, and all he had to say about it was a satisfied, "Mmm...". So I knew it wasn't my imagination.

Between The Sand Box, Rabid and Luv Truffle, I have learned to quit pre-judging the earthy scents. These three have all turned out to be absolutely wonderful. I will never let an earthy scent wait around like that again. I might miss out!

I know I sooo love this one too! I love the Earth, Fig and Egyptian Musk smells! I am waiting for Fall to get it though. I think it will be even better when the weather cools down a bit. Mmmm... sexy tight sweater and jeans scent.

It does remind me a bit of another fig scent I wore a looooong time ago before my LP life called Philosykos by Diptyque. That one was pretty expensive and didn't last nearly as long as these oils on my skin. Also this one is deeper and sexier than I remember that one being. Probably the Egyptian Musk in this.

This will be a Full Bottle for me for sure.

• 2 months later...

I really like this one. It works very well as a masculine scent. The resins and the musk come through on my skin. It is slightly swett - very slightly - but a very deep sweet which gives just a touch of lightness to the overall depth and darkness of this. A definite keeper.

I really love this one for myself, once I get past that earthy stage. I haven't had BF try it yet. Maybe I should. He's been sharing a lot of my more unisex scents - why not one more?

I don't know why, but The Sand Box really sticks around on me. I actually have to scrub it off the next day if I plan to wear another scent!

• 2 years later...

I'm playing in the dirt on a warm, sunny day. Have to spade in some sand and rich topsoil to lighten the clay soil. I think it rained early yesterday, but the sun's dried the earth. I'm chewing on a piece of hay and the well-fed bees are drunkenly buzzing 'round my sun hat whilst I enjoy the heat of the day in the garden.

Edited by Wanderlust

• 10 months later...

I think this is an instant classic.

Really. I need to give it a couple more tries, but from the past few minutes, this is beautiful in a totally unexpected way. See, I don't ''do'' fig.

I don't get fig. I get resins, sweetness, something akin to an exotic, dry-sweet floral, depth and some spice.

Mara, hats off to you. This may very well be a full bottle in the future. Wow.

ETA: this smells equally gorgeous on my man, and it really surprised my mother, who really doesn't like musk - but really liked this!

Edited by reincarnated