The Perfumed Whisker

liz

Perfumed Whisker

A fragrance purr-fect for a sultry elegant lady, our slightly sweet floriental spiced musk is a warm weather perfume with a humid feel, suitable for day or night. A complex blend of ingredients including delicate vanilla, feminine pale musk, lush spiced amber, light teak and birch woods, a bounteous floral bouquet – including geranium, honeysuckle, orchid, magnolia, iris, freesia, violet, and muguet – brightened with touches of apricot, tangerine, guava and cocoa powder and finished with a hint sweet smoke and dried tobacco leaf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet ANOTHER surprise among the Bohemian Cats Collection

what's in this that keeps me coming back ??
in a blind sampling there wasn't anything that jumped out at me, so back to description page :
VANILLA~ MUSK~ AMBER~ TEAKWOOD~ BIRCH~GERANIUM~ HONEYSUCKLE~ ORCHID~ MAGNOLIA fidelity.
IRIS ~ FREESIA ~ MUGUET ~ VIOLET ~ APRICOT ~ TANGERINE ~ GUAVA ~ COCOA POWDER ~ TOBACCO ~ SMOKE
.....oh my !!
and apparently "no one note stands out above the others", ain't THAT THE TRUTH !!!

perhaps I dig this SO MUCH 'cause it so complex 06.gif
anyway it's a WINNER 03.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wavering on this, it wasn't part of my sampler, not sure how I missed this, does anyone else have this that can throw in a quick review? (You know I'll proabably lose patience and order it anyway hahahaa).

Liz...does the muguet show up much, that's a possible no-no for me and I'd love to know if you feel it when you wear it?

This was surprise for me as well. I tested this a couple weeks ago and loved how all these ingredients blended to form a very beautiful and long lasting scent. This is a good beginner LP for some people that are a bit new to the artisan world because it proves that you don't have to have all those other ingredients like alcohol and rat poison, carcasses and pigeon poop to create a beautiful fragrance. This carries well also, and smells expensive. Total winner.

the description is so apt - no one note stands out above the others. It is beautifully blended. Definitely one of my faves from the set! Lightly perfumey, the musk and the florals are just so pretty!

Today it's the second time that I'm wearing 'The Perfumed Whisker'. Still I cannot say which notes are the most prominent ones. It reminds me a bit of 'Soie Et Fourrure' - both lovely perfumes without any particular note standing out above the others. It's an every-day-scent, office friendly and also great with some phero-mix such as Popularity Potion.

• 1 month later...

bingo, snowflake is so right: great for everyday and office friendly. It reminds me most of PG WILDFLOWER! - that bright but very grownup, sexy kind of thing where the floral and the gourmand ground each other. I *love* how the guava keeps peeking out of this. It's deeeelicious. I'm sniffing it so hard I'm giving myself a light-headedness headache :o I might have to get a bottle of this one too....sigh.

Doesn't really smell the same obviously, but it reminded me of it because of its quality of "sheer edible-floral" draped gauzily over "sweet juicy food" lying on that swoony vanilla musk base. It's a bit more floral on me than PG WF at the beginning, but a few hours in, the fruit definitely was at least an equal player to the floral...

• 4 weeks later...

Wore this today with La Femme Mystere. It initially came across on me as very strong in the vanilla department, but definitely had floral and fruity tones. It also seemed to fade relatively quickly... I had vanilla thru til about lunch, and I could barely detect the florals in it by the end of the day. It was definitely a pretty scent that went through a pleasant metamorphoses from vanilla to floral-fruity to floral as it faded, but if your skin (or nose!) react strongly to vanillas, it might not be for you.

I definitely enjoyed this one, but think I might need to stay away from the stronger vanilla scents. It seems to trample the other scents in a blend (like with Darling Catalina), which doesn't seem fair to all the other ingredients, especially when it's deliberately blended like the LPMP scents.

• 1 year later...

On me this is definitely a I Am A Grown-up Lady fragrance, but it does have a light and delicate aura to it with a powdery undertone, even as dense as it is, it is not loud. It refuses to speak above a whisper, heh. Definitely one for those who prefer the sophisticated side of things, I could see pairing this with LFM like teacozy did.

• 1 month later...

I think this scent deserves more love than it gets. Really! It is a...I'm a "fucking grown woman scent!" No pink stuff here.

I love the quietly elegant quality of this scent.

A well blended combination of florals, woods, fruits and musk.

No one note stands out above the others. All the notes blend together to make a beautiful, sophisticated perfume with a lightly powdered finish. I think of the time period when Jefferson visited France or maybe early 20th century American, gentried lifestyles taking after European aristocracy party lifestyles.

In real life, I love the versatility of this fragrance. It can be worn both at work and play. A pretty refined scent that is not super femme but not a unisex, just a really nice balance.

• 6 months later...

This is delicate and complex, and it goes on with the slightest tinge of soapiness on my skin. That quickly mellows, though, and I get the softest hint of grassiness, which is really lovely. It's initially more on the perfume-y side for me, as others have noted, but in drydown the aura of grass and sunlight takes it straight to that unique LP territory. A lovely scent for summer, and I get that sense of humidity that the description mentions. This is like wearing an antique petticoat and a little lace camisole, while lying on an old quilt under a shady tree on a hot summer afternoon, drinking ice tea and reading Anna Karenina.

This is delicate and complex, and it goes on with the slightest tinge of soapiness on my skin. That quickly mellows, though, and I get the softest hint of grassiness, which is really lovely. It's initially more on the perfume-y side for me, as others have noted, but in drydown the aura of grass and sunlight takes it straight to that unique LP territory. A lovely scent for summer, and I get that sense of humidity that the description mentions. This is like wearing an antique petticoat and a little lace camisole, while lying on an old quilt under a shady tree on a hot summer afternoon, drinking ice tea and reading Anna Karenina.

Wow! Black Cat, that's great imagery. Very good description. You nailed it!

So pretty!!!! :)

The only problem is that now I am craving that hot summer day and we've got temps dropping and snow continuing to fall!

Yes so true. We have to make a pact Not to complain about the heat in the summer. ;)

• 1 year later...

I started with a sample and graduated to a full bottle. This is a nice perfumey blend. I smell sandalwood first. What's in the bottle wet and first applied stays. The scent doesn't really change. There's so much in it that it is hard to pick out the individual notes. I think I smell maple as well. Alas, neither sandalwood nor maple are in the notes!! :wacko: I see this as being more a rainy day scent for spring or fall. Am I smelling the smoke and thinking fall? What others see as "humid", I view as "rainy". :D It's a nice scent where you can't pick out any particular note. It does fade away rather quickly on me and needs re-application.

• 9 months later...

It's a nice scent where you can't pick out any particular note.

Yes!

Looking at the description I had a hard time imagining how it would smell, and I but I like it a lot. This is very different from other scents I've tried from LPMP. Definitely a classic "fancy lady" scent. After I use a third of my trial vial I'll fill it back up with some LFM.