Stalk Talk!

luna65

I keep thinking about this scene with "Johnson, Navin R." :chickendance: .... any second....I'm going to start running around and screaming "Oh My God! The new LPs are here! The new LPs are here!"

ETA: Sorry Luna. I didn't mean to embed the video, just the link. Not sure why I can't fix it either.Heck, I'm not even sure how many ON this forum even remember this movie, LOL.

But in my head I WILL be doing the phone book scene from The Jerk when Mara posts those babies...

Bump!

ETA: I've done my LP happy dance now... Luna if you want to delete my post feel free (I dont know if having the video link uses excessive / unnecessary bandwidth or whatever ~ I do not speak web) and of course I can't delete the whole thing. I could take it down to the just the chicken dance I guess.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEEEEKS! THEY"RE UP!!!!!

I was on Amazon and about to close my browser... I guess as I was closing out I clicked on the LP tab I had open from earlier today. And there was OZ.

I had already settled on a few before they were posted (gut feeling & enlarging the graphics by Echo) but now I want several more. Luna your descripts & literary finesse are incredible as always. It's very apparent that lots of work went into all of these. Thank you ladies.

I keep thinking about this scene with "Johnson, Navin R." :chickendance: .... any second....I'm going to start running around and screaming "Oh My God! The new LPs are here! The new LPs are here!"

ETA: Sorry Luna. I didn't mean to embed the video, just the link. Not sure why I can't fix it either.Heck, I'm not even sure how many ON this forum even remember this movie, LOL.

But in my head I WILL be doing the phone book scene from The Jerk when Mara posts those babies...

Bump!

ETA: I've done my LP happy dance now... Luna if you want to delete my post feel free (I dont know if having the video link uses excessive / unnecessary bandwidth or whatever ~ I do not speak web) and of course I can't delete the whole thing. I could take it down to the just the chicken dance I guess.

This was AWESOME, Lovestruck, it totally made my day! Love Steve Martin, hadn't thought of him in quite a while. And spot on for my reaction too!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump!

OMGosh! I just came over here to get the vibes on the NRs and saw this!! I can't believe you posted it, Lovestruck, because this is the exact image I have when the NRs come out! I swear! We people from the south must think alike! I am a huge Steve Martin fan..especially of his earlier movies...nothing tops the Thermos Song....oh I'm picking out a thermos for you......:)

So.....ok, any hints, vibes...anything for me to dream about and obsess over!!????? lol ;)

...if it can even approach last summer it's got to be amazing.

Are you listing to anything special to get in the mood Luna? ;)

So a scent-themed month.. heh heh

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

Who else is stalking the upcoming August sale? Do you have a strategy? Favorites you are hoping will end up on the clearance list? Do you have a budget set? Have you sold your spare kidneys, blood, and first born?

Who else is stalking the upcoming August sale? Do you have a strategy? Favorites you are hoping will end up on the clearance list? Do you have a budget set? Have you sold your spare kidneys, blood, and first born?

I haven't really thought about it for a couple of weeks. But...

I have my list of LPs I'm hoping to find in the sale. No to the trade thread. I last bought some very yummy SC from Dolly and I have 2bottles coming from LV. Otherwise, I've decided to Stay Away, for the most part, until after Sept. I'll probably refresh my trade page in the Fall. I really don't have time to do a lot of shipping ect right now.

Edited by StacyK

I have some favorites that I've been keeping an eye on for a while - to be honest, I'm sort of scared they will end up in the sale and be gone before I get a chance at them. August is going to be a stalk-heavy time for me

I doubt I am going too sale crazy this year. I pretty much bought everything I wanted over the last couple of years so I don't have much of a wish list anymore. I need a few new things though (Crescendo!) so if anything on the list appeals to my mother or sister I will get what I want and use sale credits for them.

I will have to see what happens. I cleaned up on the sale last year.

I am over the moon anticipating the sugareds! And during the sale, I get great deals on all of the bottles I didn't know I needed.

Like how you think!! I have my 'must have' list - and I can't even comprehend the sugareds- since I'm a huge sugar girl and pretty much anything pink sugar to boot. Who knew? But I have to have FBs of ooooh so many things. Can't wait to get more pheros!!

On that note I have a small order on the way - all samples - but over the moon because it should arrive tomorrow! SQUEE :cat690:

I'm hanging out for the sugareds, because GRABBY HANDS. I always prefer simpler scents than a long complicated list of notes.

I am very excited about them even though I have never smelled of any sugareds...which ones tend to sell out most quickly? and which ones should I concentrate on getting? What are some of your favorites?I know I am aksing some questions that you all may not want to answer..lol ;)

As I understand it, they will probably be permanent, but I could be wrong. A long. long time ago LPMP used to sell a whole lot of sugareds, and I was able to nab a few before they were discontinued. Sugared French Vanilla was one of my favourites! That being said, Sugared Roses, Nag champa, Amber and a few others are permanent scents and you can buy them any time. Of those, I am a huge fan of Sugared Pure - I am big on sweet, foody scents, and I always get compliments when I wear it :)

The original sugared apricots was special. I traded mine away, regretted it, and was thrilled to nab another bottle on the trading post. If you like fruit at all, I'd recommend it.

Sugared berries was also good. I used mine up ages ago.

Of course sugared honeycomb is one of my staples and it is permanent.

I still have a partial bottle of sugared vanilla mint. It is one of my favorite bedtime fragrances. I don't see it on the new list, but you could layer sugared vanilla and sugared mint.

Edited by xev

As I understand it, they will probably be permanent, but I could be wrong. A long. long time ago LPMP used to sell a whole lot of sugareds, and I was able to nab a few before they were discontinued. Sugared French Vanilla was one of my favourites! That being said, Sugared Roses, Nag champa, Amber and a few others are permanent scents and you can buy them any time. Of those, I am a huge fan of Sugared Pure - I am big on sweet, foody scents, and I always get compliments when I wear it :)

Ahhh...that is fabulous to know!! I love Vanilla (not the dry, but the more foody one) and sugared Roses/Amber/Pure are all on my list of bottles to get..I also love the foody scents..one of my absolute favs right now is the OCCO Pink..it is divine!!

The original sugared apricots was special. I traded mine away, regretted it, and was thrilled to nab another bottle on the trading post. If you like fruit at all, I'd recommend it.

Sugared berries was also good. I used mine up ages ago.

Of course sugared honeycomb is one of my staples and it is permanent.

I still have a partial bottle of sugared vanilla mint. It is one of my favorite bedtime fragrances. I don't see it on the new list, but you could layer sugared vanilla and sugared mint.

Off of the list that Mara made, sugared apricots was my #1! I saw it on Ivy's list and kicked myself for not getting it, although I am very happy that you were able to give it a loving home! ;) Vanilla is also on my list...I didn't think about the honeycomb...I am starting to like the perfumes with honey a lot!! Just got the NOCO Sugared Vanilla and Honey and it is fantastic!! The perfumes with honey seem to have great staying power on me! May just have to get a sugared berries too!

One I am very interested in is the Sugared Coconut. I really haven't started layering perfumes yet, but I am in love with Sweet Surrender (July's NR's) and I thought those two together would be super! I love anything coconut scented!! I am also considering sugared-ginger, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender and oakmoss, among some others...

Celrynnya and Xev...thanks so much for taking the time to respond!!! You both have given me some great suggestions!! :)

I wondered the same thing, but just assumed that it's Pure Sugar. And now you have all got me looking forward to the Sugareds again, but I swear I'm holding off until September because they'll still be around then, and, well, SALE!

:yeahthat: The sale. I try not to think too much about it now otherwise my anxiety level will be off the charts by the time it gets here. I'm with you Amalthea...I didn't think much about the Sugareds until reading all these posts! I don't have sugared ANYTHING so trying to 'narrow' my list is futile. I don't know who added this emoticon, but it is the perfect oxymoron for Sugared Pure/Pure Sugar...

:hellokitty1: Hello Kitty the Snake Charmer.

Edited by LoveStruck55

I haven't placed an order in several weeks..trying to wait for the sale...it's the first time in months I don't have an order to look forward to receiving...HELP!!! I am going through serious withdrawls!!! I am like an addict, sitting at the computer and wanting to finalize an order so I will have something coming soon....Lord, please let the time pass quickly...lol ;)

Fellow addicts: Is the list of sale items posted before the sale begins so we can plan what we would like?

No and if you are not at the computer at just the right minute all the great scents are gone.

Just kidding! The sale is fun given the scope plus you can stock up at great prices. It is really great of Mara to run the sale. A win-win for everyone.

No and if you are not at the computer at just the right minute all the great scents are gone.

Lol QG, you joke but I'm already starting to feel the anxiety!

I wish I had known what I was doing last year, then maybe I would remember it better this year!