Stalk Talk!

luna65

No and if you are not at the computer at just the right minute all the great scents are gone.

Just kidding! The sale is fun given the scope plus you can stock up at great prices. It is really great of Mara to run the sale. A win-win for everyone.

Are you trying to send me to the hospital, quietguy??!!! I read the first line and immediately starting getting palpitations..lol Your next line saved me..;)

If you have any advice to give on men's scents, it would be greatly appreciated....I am having a hard time finding something for my fiance and my dad to wear. So far, Captain Fantastic (one I am stalking at the moment) is one of the only ones I have found...both lean towards the commercial side of perfumes/colognes and both need a very light scent. Do you have any recommendations? Anything with tobacco in it is out-my dad amps it and can't stand the smell since he quit smoking (he also has OCPD so he can't take anything strong)...Jatin has Aspergers and can't take strong scents (certain ones) because they irritate him...currently he uses D&G Light Blue for men...:)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have any advice to give on men's scents, it would be greatly appreciated....I am having a hard time finding something for my fiance and my dad to wear. So far, Captain Fantastic (one I am stalking at the moment) is one of the only ones I have found...both lean towards the commercial side of perfumes/colognes and both need a very light scent. Do you have any recommendations? Anything with tobacco in it is out-my dad amps it and can't stand the smell since he quit smoking (he also has OCPD so he can't take anything strong)...Jatin has Aspergers and can't take strong scents (certain ones) because they irritate him...currently he uses D&G Light Blue for men... :)

Here is the list of LPs I have. I think most are still available.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9327

Light scents IMO:

Aqualad

Ambuscade (very traditional male scent IMO)

Eternal Sunshine (if Cpt Fantastic works, this should also I would think)

Excaliber

Fronds with Benefits (too light for me but certainly light)

The Garage (smooth & not heavy at all)

LP#9

Merlin's Blend

Moon of the Falling Leaves

Ruisseau

Sandy Bottom

Sinner & the Saint (very smooth vanilla though not as light as these others)

Swimming with Sharks

Thrill of the Chase (sweet to my & Mrs. QG's nose)

Tonka Musk (very smooth though again not as light like some of the others)

Here is the list of LPs I have. I think most are still available.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9327

Light scents IMO:

Aqualad

Ambuscade (very traditional male scent IMO)

Eternal Sunshine (if Cpt Fantastic works, this should also I would think)

Excaliber

Fronds with Benefits (too light for me but certainly light)

The Garage (smooth & not heavy at all)

LP#9

Merlin's Blend

Moon of the Falling Leaves

Ruisseau

Sandy Bottom

Sinner & the Saint (very smooth vanilla though not as light as these others)

Swimming with Sharks

Thrill of the Chase (sweet to my & Mrs. QG's nose)

Tonka Musk (very smooth though again not as light like some of the others)

Ohhh...thank you so much for all of the info quietguy!!! You have been a big help!! :) I will check all of these out along with your link!!! Thanks again for taking the time to post all of this info... :)

..and excuse the error..my dad has COPD...:)

Edited by TheBirkeys

I think I'm lucky that bf likes perfume! We have so much fun trying the samplers together :)

Aww.. does he have an older brother in the states? :lol: How sweet is that! :)

Very excited about the upcoming sale. Currently planning budgets and familiarising myself with the latest releases as I have been out of the game for so long. Not that I've gone a single day without wearing LP perfumes though - that would be unthinkable!

I am DYING OVER HERE! HOPEFULLY TONITE BUT NOT YET because I am not ready lol I have to get my running shoes on..

*lacing them up* let's go! I'll be in Vegas this weekend.. There better be good wifi if it starts while I'm out there!

*lacing them up* let's go! I'll be in Vegas this weekend.. There better be good wifi if it starts while I'm out there!

Vegas huh :) ... bring it home :funnyanimation17:

Update on the Fair Warning thread!

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9412&p=356027

And hey.....if there's anyone who still wants to be a label model for the Sugared Collection, send me pix! I am going to start posting the images tonight, but there's still time!

• 5 weeks later...

Hehe, I just backscrolled and saw where we were all hanging at the computer a month ago, waiting for the Sale to start. Happy Labor Day everyone ! I'm looking forward to what you guys seem to be calling Pheromas, wondering what that will be like. And what Halowe'en may bring !

Oh I know!!!! Oct Halloween collection if cannot wait for!!! Pheromas are so exciting too. Coming right off the heels of the Sugareds this year is all just too much. I live for LP's.

what are Pheromas?

November is Pheromas, the all-pheromone month. The November collection consists of all pheromone-enhanced scents, plus the unscented pheromone mixes are offered in trial sizes for that month only.

I am really hoping to finally try Empathy Potion, I mean really this has to be a good thing for everyone, so I can't see how you can lose. And La Femme Noir. I love LFM so much that this is a MUST try!

Me too Rose! I read that whole thread on the "experiment" that ultimately became Empathy Potion and it was fascinating! And LFN has got to be one of, if not THE fav of my stash. I tried it on Halo's recommendation after she said it helped her clean (a constant battle around here) and it is awesome. For me it's like my "Bitches Get Shit Done" trademark phero.

Edited by LoveStruck

I swear I feel like I'm stalking everything while I have order on the way. Just added LACE to recent order - had decant from a swap page (thanks Saffron), now I'm afraid I'll run out - really like it. So, DOM will have to wait - I have Leather so that's kinda close, but want DOM next. And LFN, DHEAS,Topper, OW, Bang, Blatant Invitation, etc. etc.

Thank goodness Pheromas are coming around as there are so many I want to try - though I'm enjoying what I have.

I haven't ordered any sugars yet - prior order was a few Unpheros and then samples of my favs and/or samples of scents with pheros bc I want to try them all so much. For the sugars - there's so many I'm drooling over - hopefully can order in next 2 weeks. Heeee - I can just picture myself after that order, I'll probably try to test all at same time - delirum over sugars.

Haha - don't you ladies have enough scents in the last couple months to keep you busy without stalking! :lol: I guess the obvious answer is no!

November is Pheromas, the all-pheromone month. The November collection consists of all pheromone-enhanced scents, plus the unscented pheromone mixes are offered in trial sizes for that month only.

aka The Most Wonderful Time of the Year :) coined by adorable lesreveurs who has vanished...where the heck? and where is the duck?

I know!!!!! Where's the duck is right!!!!!!!!!

Indeed - I love the pheromas! And I hope all is well with The Duck!

Edited by quietguy

Me too Rose! I read that whole thread on the "experiment" that ultimately became Empathy Potion and it was fascinating! And LFN has got to be one of, if not THE fav of my stash. I tried it on Halo's recommendation after she said it helped her clean (a constant battle around here) and it is awesome. For me it's like my "Bitches Get Shit Done" trademark phero.

Oh Damn straight Lovestruck! I NEED "Bitches Get Shit Done" BIG time!!! ;) Edited by Rose Blackthorn

WOW! You have sold me on the LFN!! I do have LFM..does it work as well? I need anything I can get to help me get in the cleaning mode..lol ;)

Ahhh, can't wait for that!!!! Thanks Luna!! :)

WOW! You have sold me on the LFN!! I do have LFM..does it work as well? I need anything I can get to help me get in the cleaning mode..lol ;)

I love LFM too but there's something about LFN that makes me feel a little more 'in charge' of my bad self... I'm sure Halo can explain better the technical reasons why it just feels a little more edgy. I have a hard time committing all the ingredients to memory - LFN may just have added cops? I can't imagine that one little difference would make the EFX that unique - but we all react differently and for me anyway, LFN is a frontrunner.