Stalk Talk!

luna65

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

Oh, I hope this years weenies don't break the bank. I swear I loved every blend from last years batch...

I think I am done for this year 🙈 Except if the reviews of the Weenies don't get to me. Or if there are spell potions, then :moneyfairy13:

39 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

Oh, I hope this years weenies don't break the bank. I swear I loved every blend from last years batch...

17 minutes ago, citrine said:

I think I am done for this year 🙈 Except if the reviews of the Weenies don't get to me. Or if there are spell potions, then :moneyfairy13:

Right there with you!!! I got a little bit carried away with the sale (and no I don’t regret it at all). Though I’m sure I’ll end up with Weenie samples at least. And if there happens to be a virgin Lantern rebrew....💸

5 hours ago, RosesArePink said:

Right there with you!!! I got a little bit carried away with the sale (and no I don’t regret it at all). Though I’m sure I’ll end up with Weenie samples at least. And if there happens to be a virgin Lantern rebrew....💸

I also got carried away with the sale and I do not regret my purchases. I travel a lot for work, so I always keep a to go bag packed and ready.  I like to keep about 4 of my LP blends in there so I'm never without perfume when I'm travelling for work.

47 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

I also got carried away with the sale and I do not regret my purchases. I travel a lot for work, so I always keep a to go bag packed and ready.  I like to keep about 4 of my LP blends in there so I'm never without perfume when I'm travelling for work.

I don't travel for work, but keep a stash of about 15 trial vials in my purse for anything that may come up where I want a certain phero. 

Yay weenie time!!!! I’m hoping for some virgin options too! That’s why my sale bottles have been Halloween/fall focused because I loved last years scents.

I did smell this coconut caramel scent at bbw last week and was going to ask if that could be a possibility. Lol

On 8/17/2022 at 7:04 AM, Vika said:

I did smell this coconut caramel scent at bbw last week and was going to ask if that could be a possibility. Lol

:lol:

Nooooo, you'll make Mara cry if you do that.  She still can't forgive herself for doing her own version of cucumber melon (even though I still love it to this day).

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

:lol: I kinda like the idea of a coconut caramel. We've done it before, but with chocolate added, remember Haystacks? I'm betting it would smell better than their aroma-chemicals too.

I don’t have malls near me, or maybe I just don’t frequent them, so BBW just isn’t in my orbit, but this thread made me look at their website and I was surprised by how few reviews most products have, for such a large chain! Reviews on here are never scant!

Regarding coconut & caramel, the ones I’ve loved have been with a touch of spice instead of chocolate, like Lick of Cream and Dolce Far Niente. 

For chocolate, I’m hoping for a nutty chocolate that is also a cops cover. Like milk chocolate and hazelnut, or chocolate, almonds, and butterscotch like Almond Roca, or caramel chocolate and roasted peanuts….

I’ve gone and made myself hungry. I know there was a chocolate and peanut butter PE once, if I smelled like Reese’s I’d never be allowed out of the bedroom.  

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

:lol: I kinda like the idea of a coconut caramel. We've done it before, but with chocolate added, remember Haystacks? I'm betting it would smell better than their aroma-chemicals too.

Oh that's right!  And then there was Oidhche Shamhna, the chocolate-covered caramel popcorn balls.

I remember haystacks I loved that one, I myself love chocolate spice and sweet scents so I generally look for those lol. BBW was my old love until I found the Lovepotion site.😂 It became my new love/obsession 😍 ♥ 

No, seriously, does anyone really want to smell like a peanut? I have a big stash of nut oils and can hardly ever get myself to use them in perfumes. A little almond or pecan, yes, but hazelnut or peanut? Truly? If you want it, I'll make it! Be specific! lol. Cuz I am not naturally coming up with nut perfumes in my brain.

7 hours ago, luna65 said:

Oh that's right!  And then there was Oidhche Shamhna, the chocolate-covered caramel popcorn balls.

Ail said it was Gaelic for Halloween or something, and was pronounced something like O'shamni Shafta...in that way the letters have absolutely no relation to the pronunciation. But I looked at that first word, and said, THAT is where JK Rowling got Quidditch from.

ETA: I found this:

Oidhche Shamhna (Oy-hya How-na), is the eve of the ancient Gaelic festival of An t-Samhain (Un Tav-een) and the root of all things spooky and Halloween.

39 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

No, seriously, does anyone really want to smell like a peanut? I have a big stash of nut oils and can hardly ever get myself to use them in perfumes. A little almond or pecan, yes, but hazelnut or peanut? Truly? If you want it, I'll make it! Be specific! lol. Cuz I am not naturally coming up with nut perfumes in my brain.

Personally, when you've done nut mixtures in fragrance I really do enjoy it.  I think peanuts in a chocolate-caramel type blend might be so incredibly delicious!

Maybe a chocolate hazelnut combo like Nutella creme with some gourmand yummy vanilla and creamy milk accord? And for the peanut oil maybe a reeses cup type or snickers bar type with caramel and nougat? Do you have a nougat type accord😂 that sounds funny to me. I'm a sweets lover and love thinking up blends so🤷🏽‍♀️

Speaking of peanuts that reminds me of Ellis elephant snacks I bought a bottle back when I first discovered the site and it was rather yummy the nut and popcorn scents were strong but mellowed out over time into a delectable chocolaty nutty popcorn smell. The only problem was it made me want to eat chocolate popcorn 🍿🍫🤔 

21 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Hmmm.... If I wanted to use hazelnut this would be my recipe.

Vanilla

Sandalwood

Hazelnut

Cream

Pachouli

Honey

Oooohhhh i like that combo! That sounds like it'd blend into an interesting mix.

I have an idea for spell potions, for the names I mean. How about Rose Quartz for love, Citrine for luck, Black Tourmaline for protection, Pyrite for money/success, Loadstone for attraction potion, Garnet or Ruby for beauty/glamour...? and how cool it would be if we could choose to buy spell potion with matching stones/crystals.

Maybe there was something like this before?

Seriously though, I really do love Mara's spell potions and hoping for some new ones soon. I know I'm boring everyone with spell potions, it was just a thought :)

2 hours ago, citrine said:

I have an idea for spell potions, for the names I mean. How about Rose Quartz for love, Citrine for luck, Black Tourmaline for protection, Pyrite for money/success, Loadstone for attraction potion, Garnet or Ruby for beauty/glamour...? and how cool it would be if we could choose to buy spell potion with matching stones/crystals.

Seriously though, I really do love Mara's spell potions and hoping for some new ones soon. I know I'm boring everyone with spell potions, it was just a thought :)

I love the Rose Quartz idea, I would love a blend with Rose Water, Sugared Lilies, and Patchouli

On 8/19/2022 at 10:57 AM, luna65 said:

:lol:

Nooooo, you'll make Mara cry if you do that.  She still can't forgive herself for doing her own version of cucumber melon (even though I still love it to this day).

Oh geeze 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
well, if everyone is on the coconut caramel ship not cucumber melon, it sounds like a win! 

@Eastwood22 I’ve been getting a lot of Halloween shopping YT videos in my feed lately and someone went to BBW to see what they had Halloween wise so I felt inspired. Lmao

I haven’t gone there in years and I didn’t buy anything. Their perfume sprays make me sneeze now. Ever since I swapped to oils and LPMP regular perfume gives me major allergies. 

5 hours ago, citrine said:

The Quintessence collection from last year.

13 hours ago, TokiDoki37 said:

Maybe a chocolate hazelnut combo like Nutella creme with some gourmand yummy vanilla and creamy milk accord? 

There was a Private Edition a few years back which Mara created to smell just like Nutella, it was so good!

22 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I have to be honest, my man has a jar of Skippy with a pin-up girl sitting on top of it, eating a spoonful. He can tell you the chocolate to peanut butter ratio for normal Reese's vs the holiday shapes, like pumpkins and trees and whatnot. I wish there was a milk chocolate/sweet peanut butter smelling OCCO, but that is because of all the sex it could bring my way. OR, he'd just keep walking back to the corner store! There's a possibility that I like the idea of it more than actually wanting to smell like peanut butter.

As far as other nuts go, sometimes I like them more in the bottle than on my skin. V-Day (almonds, chestnut, praline) and Vicars and Tarts (pecans, almonds) were both traded for that reason, but I also suspect that it's the almond that doesn't work for me. I'm like the only person who tried Alabaster Queen and didn't go nuts.

See what i did? :CHUBBY~214:

Praline/Pecan- (is this pecan? I don't know.)

My favorite PCMP has always been the praline one, although I wore a fruitier one today because it's real hot here. I just ordered me some Material Squirrel. It also has almonds, etc, neither of those have chocolate, obviously. My favorite Nutty perfumes have fruit and maybe cocoa butter, but not chocolate, although I'm guessing that's what most everyone wants. I know the Trouble with Truffles was a big hit, but that was before my time. As far as chocolate goes, I think I'd prefer milky over fudgy. 

The sexiest usage of pecans that I've come up with is layering the Brown Sugared Pecans with Maple Sugared Bacon and the Sugared English Toffee. If brown sugar, pecans, bacon, butter, maple and toffee don't scream "sex & breakfast," what does? 

Hazelnut- I love Lina's Mama Lion. In fact, I just went and slathered, just to be sure. White chocolate, buttercream, coconut frosting, marshmallow, and drops of tangerine, banana, hazelnut and spring honey. It's the tangerine and frosting that makes it pop. The marshmallow parties for the long drydown. Castle Crumble was also a good time, I paired it with OCCO: Raspberry Rhapsody on a few occasions, but both of those could handle a few drops of cops in the bottle, I believe. I might attend to that today while avoiding my actual responsibilities. 

Peanuts- I don't know why Ellie's Elephant Snacks wasn't my jam, I honestly don't remember. Perhaps because I like the idea of smelling like peanuts more than smelling like peanuts.

So, my final answer is... Don't listen to anything I say. 

12 hours ago, Vika said:

I’ve been getting a lot of Halloween shopping YT videos in my feed lately and someone went to BBW to see what they had Halloween wise so I felt inspired. Lmao

I haven’t gone there in years and I didn’t buy anything. Their perfume sprays make me sneeze now. Ever since I swapped to oils and LPMP regular perfume gives me major allergies. 

My daughter likes LUSH bath products. I want to support her but just walking by that store makes me feel sick.

On 8/19/2022 at 11:04 PM, Potion Master said:

Okay, for the record, I don’t want to smell like peanuts—or hazelnuts for that matter. I have Warm n Toasty,  and don’t know if there is a peanut note in it or not, and  I do like it regardless.  But, at face value anyway, I’m not on board with peanuts.

I’ve rarely gone in BBW.  I don’t know if I’ve ever bought anything there 😐

I think of smoky scents accented with something sweet or aromatic… marshmallows, chocolate, coffee,  butterscotch..You know— bonfires, rustling leaves, crisp cold nights (We get too few of them, what’s with fall anyway?  Why can’t we have the kind of weather autumn is supposed to be like, instead of all hot, or hot and rainy, or cold  or cold and rainy!) 

I guess novelty scents don’t appeal to me as much as those that are instant classics. 

My weenie wishlist includes Mara’s take on Universal Voodoo’s Sticky Fingers, a rebrew of Weenie Roast, a smoky version of Wild Cherry, a slightly spicy foodie  pumpkin perfume, or a slightly spicy coffee perfume with maybe a smoke accord or DARK chocolate.

45 minutes ago, Eve said:

Okay, for the record, I don’t want to smell like peanuts—or hazelnuts for that matter. I have Warm n Toasty,  and don’t know if there is a peanut note in it or not, and  I do like it regardless.  But, at face value anyway, I’m not on board with peanuts.

I’ve rarely gone in BBW.  I don’t know if I’ve ever bought anything there 😐

I think of smoky scents accented with something sweet or aromatic… marshmallows, chocolate, coffee,  butterscotch..You know— bonfires, rustling leaves, crisp cold nights (We get too few of them, what’s with fall anyway?  Why can’t we have the kind of weather autumn is supposed to be like, instead of all hot, or hot and rainy, or cold  or cold and rainy!) 

I guess novelty scents don’t appeal to me as much as those that are instant classics. 

My weenie wishlist includes Mara’s take on Universal Voodoo’s Sticky Fingers, a rebrew of Weenie Roast, a smoky version of Wild Cherry, a slightly spicy foodie  pumpkin perfume, or a slightly spicy coffee perfume with maybe a smoke accord or DARK chocolate.

I'm not a fan of nuts either or foodie scents in general. Like some of your other ideas though. Did you ever get a chance to try Black Cat Mojo? I don't remember if you like leather notes or not.

@oceanjewel I never tried Black Cat Mojo.  I wish I had, if only for the name!  I do like leather, at least some of the time.  

Hey, how about a perfume version of the body scrub from a few years back?  The red wine and chocolate with coffee?  That would be awesome.  A little leather or smoke in it could be nice too. Just no patchouli.  

2 minutes ago, Eve said:

@oceanjewel I never tried Black Cat Mojo.  I wish I had, if only for the name!  I do like leather, at least some of the time.  

Hey, how about a perfume version of the body scrub from a few years back?  The red wine and chocolate with coffee?  That would be awesome.  A little leather or smoke in it could be nice too. Just no patchouli.  

That would be awesome!

6 hours ago, Eve said:

Okay, for the record, I don’t want to smell like peanuts—or hazelnuts for that matter. I have Warm n Toasty,  and don’t know if there is a peanut note in it or not, and  I do like it regardless.  

It's banana bread so there may be a nuttiness to one of the accords.

4 hours ago, Eve said:

There was one, from 2007 - Cocoa Sauvignon.

6 hours ago, Eve said:

crisp cold nights (We get too few of them, what’s with fall anyway?  Why can’t we have the kind of weather autumn is supposed to be like, instead of all hot, or hot and rainy, or cold  or cold and rainy!) 

Climate change, probably.

I haven’t posted here in FOREVER! But I’m happy to have found my way back for the sale and now I’m over here looking forward to Mara’s Fall scents!!

I’m hoping for something with Cougar or Topper! I’ve really been into apple scents for fall! Or maybe a throwback to Sparkle Fuchsia: a vanilla/pink sugared pumpkin scent. 

In response to the nut fragrance notes… how about like a pumpkin peanut brittle type of scent, like the BBW candle? 
You know me and my love for dessert-y type scents. I’m not the biggest fan of nut notes in perfume, but combine it with some rich vanilla, buttercream or cake scent and I’ll probably love it haha.