Stalk Talk!

luna65

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't read Luna's mind, but since my day job is a copywriter, I can say that writing copy is a funny thing. Sometimes you get these bursts of inspiration and it's all sorts of wonderful the first time around, and sometimes you're staring at the item (or I guess in Luna's case since I work from clothing samples and she works from perfume notes) or item description trying to wring something out of your brain, so you never know what expect even from yourself--it's a mixed bag! :lol:

I can't read Luna's mind, but since my day job is a copywriter, I can say that writing copy is a funny thing. Sometimes you get these bursts of inspiration and it's all sorts of wonderful the first time around, and sometimes you're staring at the item (or I guess in Luna's case since I work from clothing samples and she works from perfume notes) or item description trying to wring something out of your brain, so you never know what expect even from yourself--it's a mixed bag! :lol:

Word. I just went through that with the xoJane thing. I had to plumb the depths of my brain for ideas and there were a couple of "oh fuck this, I don't want to be a writer anyways" moments.

On the plus side my order arrived this morning but I haven't had a chance to try anything yet.

I don't think I could be a copywriter. I would feel bad about lying and end up typing something like: You will be the hit of the rave party in this cheaply made ladies top that even a street-walker would be embarrassed to wear to work. They come in several lovely colors that could best be described a babyshit brown, watermelon daquiri puke and a shade of yellow-green that looks like the puddles my dog leaves behind when she has a bladder infection.

QG I think you just summed up my job in a nutshell. :Emoticons04263: I mean, the thing I have in front of me, it's day-glo orange. How the fuck do you possibly describe something as gorgeous when it would make someone look like a radioactive pumpkin?! But yeah, if you think lawyers are liars they have nothing on me.

edit for emoticon code fail

Edited by Invidiana

She'll pop in and tease us, but when she doesn't pop in and tell us to settle down if we are getting all crazy and horny on this thread then it usually means she is wearing glasses and using her pencil on a yellow legal pad to write descriptions... maybe she has some coffee with a drop of whiskey in it or bailey's and she's prob sitting in front of a fire staring at her marble chess board...fingering her vintage Hermes scarf she has wrapped around her head, in her Katherine Hepburn pants and blouse.

But no shoes. She 's not wearing shoes... because Q is coming to town this weekend and she has a special pair of shoes she's going to wear just for him..

LOL! I'm a little late on this, but this is somewhat the way I picture Luna too! only writing on a vintage typewriter. :lol:

I am not going to go to my college team's ball game...so more money for LPs!

No way could I do your job! :bow: And, I still need to figure out where I can read your descriptions ;)

Word. I just went through that with the xoJane thing. I had to plumb the depths of my brain for ideas and there were a couple of "oh fuck this, I don't want to be a writer anyways" moments.

On the plus side my order arrived this morning but I haven't had a chance to try anything yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

MCR, I am going to assume that the notes are so great that luna is scribing away in an ecstatic trance and has thus been unable to respond.

I think so too :)

Luna is either

Writing up fabulous scent descriptions, and is stuck on how to describe, LP GOLD, WHITE AND LA FLEUR CREMESE or

Luna is naked in bed with Trevor

Luna is naked in bed with Q

Luna is naked in bed with Trevor and Q

I'm pretty sure it's the first one!! ;)

QG I think you just summed up my job in a nutshell. :Emoticons04263: I mean, the thing I have in front of me, it's day-glo orange. How the fuck do you possibly describe something as gorgeous when it would make someone look like a radioactive pumpkin?! But yeah, if you think lawyers are liars they have nothing on me.

Well just remember God loves you no matter what you have to do at work haha. Day Glo Orange - maybe say it is the latest in hunting safety fashion and they will never have to worry about being mistaken for a deer? Because 30-06 rounds hurt. But only for a second. *snort*

Edited by quietguy

Well just remember God loves you no matter what you have to do at work haha. Day Glo Orange - maybe say it is the latest in hunting safety fashion and they will never have to worry about being mistaken for a deer? Because 30-06 rounds hurt. But only for a second. *snort*

Oh man....let me just say we could easily have an entire shop section of "hunting safety fashion" :lol: and paisley is our version of camo. Here's our mascot.

paisley-deer-head.jpg

LadyV is going to get a kick out of this.

Oh man....let me just say we could easily have an entire shop section of "hunting safety fashion" :lol: and paisley is our version of camo. Here's our mascot.

paisley-deer-head.jpg

LadyV is going to get a kick out of this.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The antlers look like HANDS

Well if paisley is coming back in then I have a bunch of ties I will be able to wear again! See, I make everything new again ...

ETA: The stag head is magnificent in it's sheer level of .... scariness

Edited by quietguy

Luna, out of curiosity, how long does it normally take you to write up the descriptions?

It all depends on the deadline.

I realize I've never really talked about my dayjob at the Corporate Monolith (because I had to sign a stack of NDAs); I'm employed as a writer and researcher, though I do other things when required, like teach and work in community outreach, but I'm a professional and have been for nearly 20 years, so that means that no matter what, I just get the job done. For fun or for profit, writers just write. It's true that creativity can't be forced but, when you're a professional, you learn to hone your focus and your abilities. The first effort might not be the best, but that's why the Universe created editing. :) A longer period of time can allow me to ponder and create multiple versions of a piece of copy but I have been known to write a full set of descriptions in as little as 24 hours.

Luna is naked in bed with Trevor and Q

:666:

(LOL, so not happening...Q won't even let me wear my Trevor necklace in bed with him!)

I really wish my life was as interesting as you imagine it to be!

Luna, I envy you because you don't have to write copy for a radioactive pumpkin dress. :lol:

Well I've had to write some boring shit in the course of my work so I'm sure I've done something equally as awful. :lol:

*cries* When I saw this post of yours at work I was hoping mine would also be at home waiting for me.. but still no sign of them (and I'm in BC! You'd think it's faster to go to BC than ON from CA!)

Have fun on vacation!