Stalk Talk!

luna65

Yummmmmmmm! I hope we get something as deep and dark and mysterious as midnight on the mountain, out in the forest, at New Moon! And something totally edible. And something completely witchy. ~But all those kinda go without sayin', don't they. Heh. :ph34r:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheeeeee!!!!

I have not been feeling too swift the past couple of days sooooo I haven't been on the forum(flu thing, blah). Feeling better now though thank goodness!

I KNEW when I popped in tonight I'd see stalking for Halloween afoot!! :D

This is my absolute FAVORITE time of year too. I can't wait too see what's in store......YAYYYYY!!

I hope there's nothing good!! As mean as that sounds, spell collection hit me hard and that was prior to dickhole related financial assholeness. I can't buy anything so if i want anything i shall cry.

Mel, I'm in the same boat, I had been loging for the Spell Collection and that plus the sale took all of my LP funds for October... Hopefully some goodies will be left when I can splurge again in November.

^^ Yea.. this was my first sale and now I see the need to be a bit more prepared.

I did keep thinking about Oct but the new collection called...

I'm still stalking though.. Fall is my time of the year.. :purr:

Oooo, Halloween scents? I hadn't thought of Halloween as a "scent". I was thinking fall scents or holiday scents (which Halloween is too).

This is my first full year at LP and I still don't know what to expect each month...apparently I should plan for a post summer sale next year, lol. And you all keep saying Nov is a regular goodies month too. At the moment I'm so befuddled about the multitude of things I could/can/do fall in love with that I don't have a favorite something to ask for because I just don't know what I think that might be anymore! Just when I think I have something pinned down I try some NEW delectable from Mara and everything thing I thought...well...isn't!

I only come stalking here to see what you other ladies may think is afoot :Emoticons04231:

Yes, from the sale on out is big spendin'! The Halloween scents are always good, followed by phero month, followed by the Christmas goodies. Don't fight it. Just open up your wallet and let it happen.

Yes the rest of the year is going to be non stop amazing!

Yes, from the sale on out is big spendin'! The Halloween scents are always good, followed by phero month, followed by the Christmas goodies. Don't fight it. Just open up your wallet and let it happen.

:smiley-laughing024::rofl222:

I'm gonna go with that one....lol!

:shocked: Ok, so is the offering of firstborn children still on the table? LOL Holy Katerina Suit, I thought the August sale was the best time of the year here. Who am I kidding... bring it on ladies and gentlemen. Bring it on. My best buddy :shopping-spree: and I are ready.

:shocked: Ok, so is the offering of firstborn children still on the table?

Or here is an alternative haha ....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101053509

Excerpt:

Wealthy Chinese are hiring American women to serve as surrogates for their children, creating a small but growing business in $120,000 "designer" American babies for China's elite.

Intended parents typically pay the surrogate between $22,000 and $30,000, an agency fee of about $17,000 to $20,000 and legal fees of up to $13,000. If egg donation is required, that can cost an additional $15,000 and pre-natal care and delivery fees can run between $9,000 and $16,000.

That's a lot of LPs ... :lol:

I hate the concept of ANY designer babies, genetically engineered or no. I don't understand why people would spend that much money--yes, even if they have it--on surrogates when there are so many children (especially in china of all places) without a loving home who would be thrilled to be adopted. It's partially understandable for people who can't have children but can you imagine how many starving children that money could possibly feed if it wasn't burned like that? Don't even start me on genetic engineering, I think that's crossing over into the territory of playing God and should never be legal.

Edited by Invidiana

While I agree with Invi....that WOULD be a lot of LP $$$...and we all know they aren't gonna spend that $120,000 on the hungry....I'm going to keep that thought on the back burner and mull it over for a while....the "fad" will probably be over by the time I make any decisions anyway - but thanks for throwing out an alternative to child offerings QG! :lol:

Excerpt:

Wealthy Chinese are hiring American women to serve as surrogates for their children, creating a small but growing business in $120,000 "designer" American babies for China's elite.

Intended parents typically pay the surrogate between $22,000 and $30,000, an agency fee of about $17,000 to $20,000 and legal fees of up to $13,000. If egg donation is required, that can cost an additional $15,000 and pre-natal care and delivery fees can run between $9,000 and $16,000.

There are many reasons for this, some are very sad and health related given the terrible amount of devastatingly toxic pollution in China. Then of course traditional attitudes in general about surrogates come into play.

I'm sure they find more options in the U.S. and some other western countries.

ETA

Upper income Americans have been adopting out of China for years.

Excerpt:

Hmm, my uterus is just laying around, not doing much of anything at the moment ;) If only I wasn't already overweight, lol. I could definitely give some lucky Chinese couple a fat, healthy American baby!

I wonder what kind of pumpkin delights we'll be receiving from the LP elves this All Hallow's? I'm predicting a Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donut inspired masterpiece, maybe even something pumpkin latte scented????

Hmm, my uterus is just laying around, not doing much of anything at the moment ;) If only I wasn't already overweight, lol. I could definitely give some lucky Chinese couple a fat, healthy American baby!

I wonder what kind of pumpkin delights we'll be receiving from the LP elves this All Hallow's? I'm predicting a Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donut inspired masterpiece, maybe even something pumpkin latte scented????

OMG.. lol. Us lazy uterus women. ah well...

I'm dreaming of Pumpkins, apples, spices and maybe earthy woods and maybe something to make one of them sparkly to give us a glow :)

I don't understand why people would spend that much money--yes, even if they have it--on surrogates when there are so many children (especially in china of all places) without a loving home who would be thrilled to be adopted. It's partially understandable for people who can't have children but can you imagine how many starving children that money could possibly feed if it wasn't burned like that? Don't even start me on genetic engineering, I think that's crossing over into the territory of playing God and should never be legal.

According to the article one of the main reasons for the surrogacy is to have a child born in the US so they have a legal way out of China into the US. Wealthy Chinese are already sending their wives to the US to give birth so the child is a US citizen and this in turn also gives the family a door into the US. Have a baby in the US, get visas for the rest of the family, slide your money into an account that you can access in the US and get out quickly.

One of the big problems the Chinese are trying to deal with - which is a direct outgrowth out of their political and economic system - is corruption with high government officials. These guys are stealing millions and sometimes more from the Chinese government, putting it into a bank account they can access here in the US and then fleeing to the US with their families. Why does this work? Because the Chinese have refused to sign an extradition treaty with the US. They do not want to have to extradite their citizens guilty of things like computer piracy, etc. but nor can they get over a billion dollars in stolen government funds or the criminals who stole it back.

But I agree with you on genetic engineering as far as doing it for the purpose of making the perfect blue-eyed, blond-haired baby so to speak. (Note: I have nothing against blonds - it was just an example lol!).

Edited by quietguy

But I agree with you on genetic engineering as far as doing it for the purpose of making the perfect blue-eyed, blond-haired baby so to speak. (Note: I have nothing against blonds - it was just an example lol!).

A little off topic, but most proposed human genetic engineering technology is actually focussed on preventing congenital diseases. The whole "I want a kid who plays the piano really well" isn't on the cards from a science point of view. Really, the closest practice to what you are suggesting is eugenics - selecting breeding, rather than genetic manipulation.

A little off topic, but most proposed human genetic engineering technology is actually focussed on preventing congenital diseases. The whole "I want a kid who plays the piano really well" isn't on the cards from a science point of view. Really, the closest practice to what you are suggesting is eugenics - selecting breeding, rather than genetic manipulation.

I agree - that is what I was refering to by the "as far as" because I know most genetic engineering is designed to handle birth defects or disease.

I want a surrogate but that's because I don't want to get fat all over again, plus there's the whole my body doesn't like pregnancy too much thing where I almost died.. so I would totally do a surrogate next time. I'm sure I could arrange something like I'll buy her a nice handbag or something and some cheetohs and she will have my child.

Oh yeah totally forgot the reason I came over here!!! TO STALK

Edited by LadyVictoria

Excerpt:

:Emoticons04269: I've thought it over. I'm going to have to pass. One pregnancy was enough. I am not a Duggar. I just don't think I could pop that many out to make it worth it.

Seriously though, I read that article and I have to say that it's kind of repulsive. With so many children in this world needing homes, it's really sad and to hear that many are "bought" for the purpose of gaining a way into the country makes me angry too. I guess I'll keep my firstborn and find some other way to earn a little LP money. :D

I just thought of an autumny/wintry scent that sounds good at the moment: a hot buttered rum, sweet and creamy? Does Mara have something like that I've overlooked? I want to slather some or learn how to make a good one.

You guys just aren't allowed any good scents this month. I can't buy anything. This month i predict Mara utilises notes such as: old banana peel, turnip, french fry grease, fish, boiled egg. It will be a genuine horror collection.

Yes i know, that's really selfish!