Summertime Blue

goddesslynne

Summertime Blue

Light as a breeze, evocative of the bright skies of summer and the Tradewinds pulling the occasional fluffy cloud along in its wake. A breath of airy imported blue musk is mixed with tropical fruit (pineapple and mango) and lei flowers (magnolia, tuberose, orchid, hibiscus and maile vine) layered upon coconut cream and fresh blueberry fruit and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLUE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck, protection.
COCONUT CREAM ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
MAILE VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried this out last night, and upon first application there was something I didn't like. Not sure what it was, but it smelled a bit masculine.

But, about an hour later - and even now, the next morning, it smells so lovely and sweet!! I can't pick out the individual notes, but it's sweet and fresh. I think this blend will appeal to "commercial" perfume lovers as well as "artisan" perfume lovers.

Although I probably won't be springing for a bottle, I will keep and enjoy my sample!!

gooid grief, I keep reading that as MALE vine. We all know how sick my mind is ;)

LOL ME TOO!

I thought that's what was making it smell masculine. I haven't tested this one yet, just briefly smelled the vial, and I did get a male vine masculine smell but I did like it. Will have to test on skin.

I believe it is pronounced MAY LAY ...which doesn't help matters in this situation. BWAHAHA!

MAILE VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex,

Hmm, what is that, you sexy hunk of man meat? Yes! You may lay me! (I am a junior high schooler right now.)

Edited by Beccah

Speaking of laying- WOW this one really lays on the Sexy! I'm bringing sexy back this summer with this scent. WOWZA this one is packing a big punch with the sexiness! I l LOVE it!!!! Must be the Male Vine you guys. Okay maybe because it has summer and blue in the title, but if this were an alcoholic beverage it would be Sex on the Beach. I loooove how it smells tropical without being ' done '

or smelling like a tropical candle from Bed Bath and Beyond. This smells like you wore your favorite pair of jeans that make you look and feel super model hot ~ out to a beach party with a sexy top, and had some fun! It's cozy, it's confidence, it's skin hugging sexy and smells amazing!! Omg this would be delicious with BANG! OOh even La Femme! I picture me wearing this on the beach, throwing a football, playing, having fun and knowing I look good!

DAMMIT FULL BOTTLE NEEDED!

I'm reminded of my time in HI, which was indeed filled with males as well as tropical plants.

[edited]

Edited by perfumesniffer

I'm reminded of my time in HI, which was indeed filled with males as well as tropical plants. I love the pic on this scent but alpha gives me a major headache (yes, the men as well as the phero)

What does this have alpha nol?

What does this have alpha nol?

Oops! I was confusing this with Blissful Caress, which has a-nol. Summertime Blue does not.

Edited by perfumesniffer

This is rather pointy on me at first, and the blueberry has a candied quality (which is tends to do on me). But once it dries down I kinda like the sheer powdery quality but I'm not sure if it's quite right for me. I think there's probably too much floral in it for my tastes.

I think a lot of people will love this but it is way to floral on me. I don't get any blueberry at all. :(

It has a bad scent association with me. It reminds me of an air freshener one of the ladies always had that I took care of when I did hospice volunteering. She was trying to cover up the sickening smell in her house with something that reminds me of something in this. The Beach Bunny and Surfer Dude also did this to me.

But my mother did flip over this and did not think it smelled like any air freshener, so don't take my word for it! Just not for me unfortunately.

I love this gorgeous blue summer potion! It is sensual and lustful, but remains light and sheer, it is a complex fruity floral fragrance that won my nose and my heart.

First I get a whiff of indolic tuberose but it steps back after a few seconds giving way for the tropical notes to shine. On my skin I mostly get pineapple and coconut, and blueberry steps into the spotlight for a few minutes. Magnolia and orchid are quite shy compared to the voluptuously warm tuberose which later emerges and mingles with the coconut cream. I love how the coconut note further enhances a creamy, coconutty facet that I sometimes get from tuberose. During dry down I get lots of creamy musk with a blueish undertone that comes from coquettish blueberry showing itself again for the grand finale. Sometimes, I get a hint of mango and amber. I seem to be anosmic to hibiscus, but who knows maybe it is there. I have no idea how maile vine smells.

There is a special place in my heart for florals like jasmine and tuberose, and I think Mara did a wonderful job creating a summery scent with floral depth. I know most of our LP love and affection goes to the yummy gourmands Mara blends, but she does florals and foody florals wonderfully well too.

This potion is a morpher on me and this quality makes it so exciting to wear, it really surprises me with sudden twists and turns. It is totally Full bottle worthy, and when I get mine I can’t wait for it to age, I bet magnolia, orchid and tuberose will turn out lusher and lustier!

I didn't expect to like this one but I do. Usually, the more complex perfumes a long list of notes and including florals don't work on me personally, though I often like sniffing them and admiring their complexity and nuance. But this one works. The florals don't overpower on me. It is fruity, but I don't feel that any one fruit note comes out too strong.

I know most of our LP love and affection goes to the yummy gourmands Mara blends, but she does florals and foody florals wonderfully well too.

Oh absolutely! I'm a fan of gourmand florals for sure, even one of my PEs is that type.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favourites from the May new releases. It's light and sheer, and even feels blue. It was the perfect scent weight to choose for the humid weather yesterday. There is nothing heavy or cloying about it at all, and it seemed to wear very close to my skin, which I love.

Initially what I smelled was a bright, almost stabbing floral, but within moments it had transformed into a sheer, sweet pineapple, then it settled on my skin like a veil of blueberry. For all it's lightness, it definitely has staying power. I applied last night at about 5 o'clock, and it was still lovely this morning at 11.

This is one of my favourites from the May new releases. It's light and sheer, and even feels blue. It was the perfect scent weight to choose for the humid weather yesterday. There is nothing heavy or cloying about it at all, and it seemed to wear very close to my skin, which I love.

Initially what I smelled was a bright, almost stabbing floral, but within moments it had transformed into a sheer, sweet pineapple, then it settled on my skin like a veil of blueberry. For all it's lightness, it definitely has staying power. I applied last night at about 5 o'clock, and it was still lovely this morning at 11.

I got the same effect, to me it felt like it was a natural part of my skin chemistry.. like nice sexy jeans. I love this one!

• 4 weeks later...

This is very fruity and floral and fresh and various other (clean) F words! It is like the citrus musk of Scent of Eros for Women, a bit commercial smelling but nothing wrong with that. Right now because it is so cold I'm craving something warm and comforting, and this isn't it at all, but come summer I may feel differently. Right now it just smells a little sour to me, but I think that is just me at the moment.

Tried this one again today while I was in a warm room and not likely to be craving warmth. I realy want to like this because of the blueberry in it. I can smell some faint blueberry, but overall it still goes soapy and a bit sour on me. Sadness.

• 1 month later...

In the vial: this is straight up blueberry compote, like you get in a Muller Corner yogurt.

On skin: the blueberry is still very strong, with something I can only describe as headachey behind it. I have been feeling a bit like that today anyway, but I think this is one I am very sensitive to and could not wear in any greater quantity than the dab I have on. It's a shame, as I do kind of like it.

Edited by cinnamonmel

• 8 months later...

This one starts of strong and fruity then in less than a few mins it simply faded into a light floral....My skin sucked out all the fruitiness and left me smelling like florals. I don't think this one is working well with my chemistry.

• 1 month later...

This smells really juicy and fruity, but in a nice, not sour way. I think I got blueberries with this. I think I rate this fruit fragrance higher than Guavas in the Mist. This is probably my favorite fruit fragrance because it did not turn on me. I got a lot of goodness. No sour. Just sweet, balanced, fruit, and light goodness.

• 1 year later...

I like this one. I think if you phero it, it would be very congruent with La Femme Mystere, because personality-wise it strikes me as: cool, breezy, independent, light yet complex, mysterious, aloof, something unattainable that commands respect and awe and makes the other person fascinated enough to want to pursue it and figure it out...

• 7 months later...

On me, this starts out. ..blue. Like blue has a smell to it. I can identify the blue berry clearly. And ozone.

After about 10 minutes, this unfortunately goes to laundry detergent on me. I'm not a big fan of florals unless they are heavy duty like black orchid (oriental), but this is nice and it has a powerful throw. After about 20 minutes, it softens to a more floral. So you just need to push through the soap and I think you'll find a light floral on the other end.

I don't think I would get this for me, but I would definitely get it for my daughter who is young, fresh and confident.

• 1 month later...

This with a dab of OCCO blue reminds me of Fourth of July. All relaxed, surrounded by good food and friends. Eating blueberry pie out back in someone's garden, wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt. My skin finally cooling down after sweating all day...stolen kisses in the dark. Lovely, flirty, sensual, but not overtly sexual.