Glass Slipper

LadyVictoria

AD-GlassSlipper-LovePotion_.jpg

Glass Slipper

A barely-there veil of feminine possibility...inspired by the moment when a girl first dreams about the woman she will become...a soft, demure and graceful perfumey scent, with a glittering sweet crown of pink sugar and strawberry lemonade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In anticipation of this magickal scent I changed my avi to Cinderella, because I just KNEW.
I KNEW that everything would be right in the world once I sniffed this creation. This little number is everything that you wish it would be. It's fairy tales and happiness and bubbles and fairy dust. I am not wearing black today or have dirty hair in a bun, I am wearing a shimmering diamond sparkly dress with glass leopard slippers that change color in the sun. My hair is up in a tiara and people are smiling in adoration at me. This smells the happiest of days and the dreamiest of dreams coming true.
It's strawberries and mimosas and diamonds for breakfast, lunch and forever after. NOBODY BUY THIS.
:Emoticons04235:

Ooooh, this is absolutely lovely!!! I can smell the sweetness in the vial, but on my skin, this is a light, light floral with the faintest hint of pink. There's almost a soapy smell (but soapy in a good way!!) Pepper usually goes wild on my skin, but it's just barely there in this one. This scent is youthful but classy at the same time. It didn't turn out how I expected on me, but I am in love with it anyway!!!

This smells the happiest of days and the dreamiest of dreams coming true.

It's strawberries and mimosas and diamonds for breakfast, lunch and forever after. NOBODY BUY THIS.

Well after a review like that looks like I'm going to have to. ;)

Edited by Invidiana

The pink in here is very sparkly like orange and pink champagne. I get pink oranges with some sparkle and strawberries added. It's not floral on me at all, at least that I could tell. Whatever florals are in here I love.

I was soo undecided all day wether to get this in a sample or bottle and to decide a bottle of this or beths milkmaid.....

I ended up getting this bottle along with my order..Hope its good!

The pink in here is very sparkly like orange and pink champagne. I get pink oranges with some sparkle and strawberries added. It's not floral on me at all, at least that I could tell. Whatever florals are in here I love.

I have a samp coming, along with the canoli one and the OCCO ambrosia. None of these are "my" type so I have my fingers crossed. You just never know

Okay this one morphs a lot on me. Smells different in the vial than on my arms. When it's wet and for the first few minutes I am absolutely in love with it. The pink fruits are awesome and it's almost sheer like a skin scent, BUT then something really stabby comes out. It stays piercing on me for a couple hours. When it finally calms down, it's a little too florally for me. I have to say I am relieved. One less full bottle to consider in this amazing month. I do think this one will work for most people. It's really pretty. Just too pokey for me.

Hmm, maybe the citrus? My skin seems to be eating all the pinkness in this scent & leaving me with a light citrus musk. Interesting.

Me too, LV!! I wore this today, and nine and a half hours later, I can get a whiff. As I said before, I don't get the fruit with this. It's purely floral and a mild, pleasant soapy smell, like clean skin. But I feel like now i smell the hint of citrus and a mild honeysuckle musk. I'm so in love with this!!!

Me too, LV!! I wore this today, and nine and a half hours later, I can get a whiff. As I said before, I don't get the fruit with this. It's purely floral and a mild, pleasant soapy smell, like clean skin. But I feel like now i smell the hint of citrus and a mild honeysuckle musk. I'm so in love with this!!!

I get the nice strawberries and mimosa champagne that smells soooo delicious! This does make me feel sparkly and clean actually! Like, good girl you showered!

Okay this one morphs a lot on me. Smells different in the vial than on my arms. When it's wet and for the first few minutes I am absolutely in love with it. The pink fruits are awesome and it's almost sheer like a skin scent, BUT then something really stabby comes out. It stays piercing on me for a couple hours. When it finally calms down, it's a little too florally for me. I have to say I am relieved. One less full bottle to consider in this amazing month. I do think this one will work for most people. It's really pretty. Just too pokey for me.

I'm having a similar experience with this one. The pokey sharpness is really too much until about 45 minutes after application. Then it's a very soft, barey there, LOVELY sparkly pink fruity musk. I will have to try it again in a week when my skin chemistry is back to normalish. I can't help but think of what trouble I'm in though because it's almost the top of the month already! I still have a few Bohemian Cats samples that I haven't opened and several from this month as well. Luckily, only 1 from this lot has been a must have so far..... now if I could just have my paycheck wired directly to Mara......

It does smell sweet in the vial. On me, I'm getting the bite of the ginger and pepper, but the florals really come out, followed by the citrus. I'm going to try this around my b/f, I think it's one he might actually like!

Either my skin or nose is playing particularly nasty tricks on me the last few days. I put this on and got huge blast of POWDER! And nothing else! Persisted throughout drydown. Then some very well behaved strawberry came through. YAY my favorite fruit, finally being allowed to be itself by my skin and not turned to plastic! Then the florals, taking turns making themselves known- peony and orchid. Something is giving me a slight headache :( mimosa maybe as none of the other things ever give me headaches. I haven't gotten any spice YET... Overall feel is exceeeeeedingly feminine and twirly :)

Edited to fix typos so it makes sense

Edited by tyvey

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

MANDARIN ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

PINK MIMOSA ~ Secret love, sensibility, demureness, humility, healing.

QUINCE ~ Protection, love, happiness, fidelity, marital bliss.

PEONY ~ Protective, happy life, happy marriage.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.

When I first applied this I got a "pink" sort of smell and thought "oh great! a more grown up pink." Less foody and more sophisticated. Then after about an hour the pink left and there was a strong floral left. I think it may be the orchid. Not sure But I don't think this one is for me. When I'd move I would get a whiff of "perfumey" smell, maybe like Tyvey's powder scent? But when I'd bring my forearm up to my nose I didn't smell it. I even changed my shirt thinking it got trapped in my clothes before dry down. Not so. IDK.... I thought with so many ingredients I wouldn't amp the flowers. But sadly it appears I'm amping floral like crazy.

nerds! my daughter(5) loves those!..speaking of nerds..when I was out the other day I found a little purple nerd in my purse ,so I ate it..lol

(she spilled the whole box in my room so they were everywhere)

Cinderella is a sweet, pinky girl after all… :beauty-pageant:

This slipper smells like Pink mandarin with happy and joyful pink mimosa, with subtle honeyed hints of honeysuckle! It has a light flowery background with a juicy parade of pink citruses walking to the main stage. Mandarin leads the pink parade followed right after lemon and strawberry. I love how the mandarin note turns out so incredibly juicy with a mild honeyed facet that enhances the bursting flowery honeysuckle. Honeysuckle and mimosa are not overpowering at all, they are the base notes that hold the pink citruses together and make them last for ages on my skin.

I don’t get any orchid, vanilla or pepper. It has excellent longevity, and a very nice sillage! If you want to smell cute, long lasting cuuuute, then this one’s for you!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the pink citrus aspect of this as a sort of "girly twirly" aura but, like halo, I think this may be too floral on top of all that for me. Some floral musks don't quite work on me because they go a bit soapy; I usually refer to it as "perfume-y.' it's rather sharp on me. However, as a pretty feminine spring/summer kind of scent, the kind to wear with frilly dresses and cute accessories, this scent is that very mood...like you could pull those things right out of the bottle and put them on. In that aspect I think the choice of name is absolutely perfect.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet. It's such a lovely pink fruity-flower scent! Well, I have to let it settle on my skin for a while before the bouquet unfolds. For me, the most prominent note is the strawberry. Then: pink mimosa, peony, musk, a tiny bit of pepper, not really spicy, just to round up the pink to a more sophisticated perfume. It's quite long lasting, approximately half a day. Thumbs up for this scent!

It was LadyV's review that pushed me over the edge for this one, and I'm so glad it did. It definitely has a "shimmery" quality and the pink lemonade and floral aspects just blend so well! It's a sheer, just-sweet-enough scent that is great for those too-hot days when you want some sugar in your perfume :lol: but not a ton. The orchid definitely adds that sophisticated quality to it, making it more of a grown-up pink lemonade. Love!

• 2 weeks later...

This smells soo pretty..Its sheer but definately not light as it has a good throw..smells like summery fruits and florals

.So glad to got a bottle unsniffed,It is something special.

Wearing this for the first time and I am super pleased. When I sniffed it from the bottle something turned me off about it, but on my skin it was all good. I'm into most sweet florals and this wasn't too much for me. I especially LOVE musky scents and I can detect it in the background. Perfect for this sunshine-y day we're having!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this one again and didn't experience any of the pokiness I had the first time I tried it. It was so lovely, soft and feminine. Still doesn't feel like me, but I will definitely enjoy my sample :)