Luv Truffle

LadyVictoria

AD-LuvTruffle-LovePotion.jpg

Luv Truffle

A sensuous chocolate scent: rich chocolate wrapped around a nut medley featuring hazelnut and marshmallow, rolled in cocoa and coffee powders, with just a hint of chocolate mint, animalic musk and truffle oil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
TRUFFLE/MUSHROOM ~ Fertility, immortality, representative of both male and female sexual organs,
aphrodisia, food of the gods, doorways to the fae.
HAZELNUT ~ Intuition, wisdom, protection, fertility.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
ANIMALIC MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can I love another New Release ? Answer is yes. Oh team LP how you managed to create mint chocolate chip ice cream in a scent is beyond me. Wet I get the chocolate cocoa almost like a powder. Kinda reminds me of Skye's PE a bit, but where her PE on me didn't lose some of that powder this one does and I get this note I can't really decipher. It smells dry, maybe it's the cocoa powder or maybe a tiny bit of earth. Could be the mushroom because I can smell the shuffle of the truffle almost like it's being dug up. It's actually really cool, the visual I get and the smell. It doesn't bother my nose , it quickly goes away and settles into a long lasting chocolate mint confection! I could not stop sniffing myself and smiling. This has the same type of mint feel as in Suzy's cupcake where the mint is not overwhelming, but a nice addition like a bow. It's very cozy and sweet. I think with the mint it makes it a fresh summer scent, where as if it were fudgy and too much chocolate it might be too heavy for day. This can easily be worn day and night because the mint in this allows for a all seasons any occasion type of scent.
I do not get any coffee or hazelnut with this. I smell glorious!

The coffee did emerge on this after a couple of hours. It's a nice combo with the chocolate and mint. The mint has now moved a bit and the coffee is more up front. Almost like a burnt coffee smell, but not in a bad way. It still smells very YUM!

I am covered in New Releases, but this one is quite strong and long lasting.

This was the one I was most excited for when I received Mara's notes for this month and it doesn't disappoint! Musk and chocolate is a combo which makes me swoon. The mint makes this almost perfume-y on me at first and then it settles down to a gourmand musk type, but very well-blended in that I get the evocations intended but no one note is standing out too much.

My order is in! SQUEEEEEEE! Nomnomnom!

I have Spark in the Dark on my left arm, and Luv Truffle on my right arm, and Topper on top of my original MRF3 in my cleavage.

I smell YUMMY!!!!!

Luv Truffle - well, there's this chocolatier in the big fancy mall near me, called the Chocolate Crocodile, and they make the most delish chocolates - all kinds. And truffles out the wazoo. They also have a cafe in there that does the usuals plus specialty hot cocoas. Luv Truffle smells EXACTLY THE WAY IT SMELLS TO WALK INTO THAT SHOP. NOMNOMNOM

Twelve hours later I still smell a soft chocolaty smell, like hot chocolate or a Tootsie Pop.

I DID get the hazelnut AND the coffee, but I didn't notice any mint. Which is fine. I like hazelnut and coffee better than mint, lol!

I really only get the mint at the beginning - it's a note which typically burns off quickly. The second time I get much more of the earthiness provided by the musk and truffle notes, and I know coffee has that quality as well. As I said before, me likey! ^_^

I sniffed the bottle and didn't get anything I recognized as mint. Eh. *shrug* My eval of Spark in the Dark is different from most of the rest of y'all too. I wonder if it's because I'm having all this dental work done and I have so much local anesthetic in my system that even tonight I'm feeling like my lip and cheek and tongue are slightly numb.

I hope to get a little mint with this.

In Stratford we have a famous chocolatier who's known for 'Mint Smoothies' - the creamiest mint/chocolate confection anyone could possibly make. They are soooo good. The chocolate shop is located right behind my restaurant's patio, and in the summer, all you can smell out there is chocolate and mint. It's heavenly.

Can't wait to try this!

This is wild :lol: ...I get the chocolate and the mint and then these whiffs of fresh moist earth..snuffle

...ooo Eggers try Festival of Lights,mmmmm cocoa minty :)

Fascinating morpher on the skin!

Stage 1: those little rectangular, flat, mint chocolates in green wrappers from Chicago. FRanger? Frango?

Followed 15 seconds later by:

Stage 2: Above chocolate has been dropped in dirt. Smells GOOOD though, like deep rich ultra nutritious dirt. Sexy even.

Followed 5 seconds later by:

Stage 3: a whole buncha potato chips. Lay's, specifically. I could SEE and feel the thin, greasy crispiness. I assume this was how my nose interpreted the truffle. ("Savory!")

Followed several minutes later by my skin BURNING where applied. :'( the mint I guess? Was fine after about 10 minutes. Point of my cycle, j'accuse.

Love it, will prob need a bottle.

Is this anyway comparable to Velvet Kisses?

Hmm....I would say it's more comparable to A Regal Confection, actually, except more of a nut-studded chocolate candy bar with musky undertones. This soothes the burn of my being dumb enough not to spot Lady V's Choco-nuts-whatever while it was still up for grabs. It's like Snickers on steroids. There's nothing that screams mushroom for anyone afraid of that; truffle is an entirely different animal, having tasted truffle oil in restaurant dishes myself. You can't really put your finger on it but it's just this warm, rich, velvety undertone that just makes everything spectacular. I think that along with the actual musk in this the truffle is one of those sensual musky components. LOVE.

Stage 2: Above chocolate has been dropped in dirt. Smells GOOOD though, like deep rich ultra nutritious dirt. Sexy even.

OMGYAIS that's it! It's the second "sexy dirt" fragrance I've experienced (the first being Possets' Sex Juice).

Not too many chocolate scents appeal to me, Velvet Kisses being a huge exception. I do like this Luv Truffle though! Probably not enough to get a bottle but I am enjoying it enough that I'll probably go through my sample.

I do indeed get a lot of the mint at first which is why I like it. Believe it or not I never got any mint in Festival of Lights so was disappointed in that. I also totally get the "dirt" which I also like and dusty cocoa. Not really any coffee stands out to me.

@QOS...no I would not in any way compare this to Velvet Kissses. But if you are interested in chocolate scents at all would get a sample at least of this.

This will be a nice bedtime scent for me when I want a switch from VK.

There is a spot on the Velvet Kisses order thingy that says "without pheros"! I didn't try it...is it sold out? I'll check...

eta: No, it is not sold out! YOu can get VK WITHOUT PHEROS, QOS!!!!!!

But hurry because I think Mara said she might phero them up soon!!!!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

This is chocolate doing the Walk of Shame on a Sunday morning. A little dirty. Lipstick smudged and hair mussed up.

It's A Regal Confection minus the amber. Skye Loves Chocolate minus the pastry. The earthy note is a unique undertone. Totally love this one.

This is chocolate doing the Walk of Shame on a Sunday morning. A little dirty. Lipstick smudged and hair mussed up.

It's A Regal Confection minus the amber. Skye Loves Chocolate minus the pastry. The earthy note is a unique undertone. Totally love this one.

Omg yes you are right. Like female mud wrestling. Dirty and sexy.

Luv Truffle is a deliciously earthy fragrant composition that is much more complex than other gourmand scents, it is rich dark and you can almost feel textures beyond its chocolatey qualities. This is a creamy hazelnut coated in chocolatey cocoa with hints of earthy mushroomy truffle. It smells AND feels like Nutella or like Ferrero Rocher’s chocolates with an earthy edge!

I get a nutty saltiness from the hazelnut. I also get a crunchy tasty chocolate/cocoa combo paired with the bittersweet hazelnut note. On my skin, the coffee note is very subtle and not overpowering . There is also an earthy muskiness that comes through it all and mingles with the rest of the notes, thus grounding the base and tempering any sugar overload. I didn’t get any minty notes and since I’m not a fan of mint or peppermint, I’m glad my skin doesn’t amp this note at all. And I love anything that smells like damp earth, so the mushroomy earthy facet of the truffle note totally grabbed me, hooked me and now I must own a Full bottle of this!…I’ve never smelled it before but I wonder if the marshmallow root adds to this potion’s earthiness?

It didn’t remind me of Velvet Kisses, but according to my nose it has a striking resemblance to Glistening Buttons minus the honey and with lots of textures….My bf says I smell like a crunchy Oreo cookie when I wear this…so he likes it! I read on the internet that truffles contain androstenol and pigs track them down by smelling this phero . So I figured this potion is a perfect phero-carrier scent for our men to track us down too… :piggy_28:

Edited by Gabylicious

okay, this is a surprise hit for me. I really wasn't expecting to like it, as I'm not really a fan of chocolate scents. But this is niiiiice. Rich chocolate, marshmallow, musk and a little musk to smooth it all out. The longer it wears on me, the more I like it

ETA: hee! this is my 666th post...

Edited by Molls

To me this is a lot of cocoa, like burying your face in a bag of cocoa powder, backed by a little coffee, and if you huff it close to your skin, the mint as you inhale, subtle, but there. I wore this to bed, slathered myself in it and thought wow, one of the joys of being single, you can go to bed smelling like a big bar of chocolate :D

OMG!!!! I'm in LUUURVE.... This is a foodie scent lovers dream! It's sooo lush! For me it's right up there with Velvet Kisses & Constant Cravings... Snuggly & sexy at the same time :)

I won't stop you.......Go for it, Tyvey! :pig2:

This was my bedtime scent last night. Mmm. Very comforting. I like when the chocolate scents smell dusty like this. It cuts down on the sweetness. Not that this isn't sweet, it's just more interesting with that earthy thing going on than straight up chocolate. This is not heavy at all which is why I don't like some choco scents, they get overwhelming on me...not this one. Like Lady V said, maybe the mint lightens it up.

Even if you are not sold on chocolate scents you ought to try a sample of this...if only for bed or when you need a comfort fix.

This one surprised me. At first, I hesitated, should I get one or not? Luckily, I tried. The chocolate is soft and lovely, somewhere inbetween milk chocolate and bitter chocolate. The truffle (which I was afraid of) just gives a very interesting note to the blend. I can detect the mint right in the beginning, but very faint. After a while, it's a nom nom musky chocolate scent, I almost want to lick my arm. After appr. 2 hours I have to re-apply, because it doesn't last very long on my skin. No, no, I didn't lick it off my skin :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is a lovely, chocolatey scent, but not for me. I think I prefer eating chocolate to smelling it on myself, it just doesn't seem right to me that I should smell like chocolate - I feel like I have eaten a chocolate dessert and forgotten to wash my hands properly or something! But I can see how those who love foody scents would adore this one. It is a very genuine cocoa smell.