Luv Truffle

LadyVictoria

Hi, this is my Luv Truffle review I'm writing because I got free samples, thanks!!

This smell is very yummy and choclatey out of the bottle, super relaxing. I have yet to try it as a scent on myself too much yet, but the times I have, some odd scent notes came out that I didn't smell in the bottle, almost harsh, I'll have to do some more tests to see, or perhaps it would be better with a bit of the oil in an unscented lotion. I don't know if putting a bit on my skin was right.

Also even if those odd scents didn't come out, I may prefer this in a bath product, it may be a bit too sugary sweet for a scent - I have a chocolate based scent I like at home but it's toned down by lavender and other things so it's easier for me to wear it on a daily basis.

More updates later - I really do like it, just unsure of it as a daily scent or perfume for myself.

Edited by Potion Master
Merged into existing review thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I didn't review this one - I thought I had...

Anyway, I wasn't sure I would like this - the truffle note had me feeling wishy-washy about it - but OMG! I get the same dusty chocolate that everyone else seems to get, just a touch of coffee & hazelnut, and quite a lot of truffle, which, it turns out, I love! Also, I seem to be getting a bit more mint than the rest of you. It comes out at the beginning - although subtly - and then it plays hide & seek, but it never really fades. I am not complaining. At all. I love the mint dancing on top of everything else. It does a fantastic job of lightening what might otherwise have been a heavy scent. In fact, what I like most about Luv Truffle is that it feels quite sheer. I'd expected it to be a heavy-wearing, winter-ish perfume, but it's beautiful, sexy, and lightweight, and I can totally picture myself wearing in hot, muggy weather. :D

I love Tyvey's idea of a cops boost. I think that would be fabulous.

As it is, I have a bottle of this making its way to me right this minute. I may even be back for seconds! Because who doesn't need *two* bottles of perfume with a picture of pigs in top hats and tutus on the label? ;)

I luuuuuuv Luv Truffle!

This is a a warm, rounded, earthy, creamy chocolate on me. Almost milk chocolatey. The musks and maybe truffle, prevents the scent from being overly sweet (which I wouldn't mind!). I definitely got some hazelnut peaking through underneath all the other scents.

I didn't get a lick of mint or even coffee but despite that the scent had a lot of dimension. Love Love Love!

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This has aged so well! It's amazing. The mint has come out for me now and it is like mint chocolate chip ice cream with marshmallows on top and musk with a touch of coffee to ground things nicely. I am only sad I waited this long to buy it from LadyV.

I also get the hazelnut which I love. Sexy grown up Nutella.

Edited by halo0073

I love this one too, Halo! It's one of my favourite cold weather scents. It feels so warm & surprisingly sexy that whenever it's really cold outside, I reach for it. BF loves it too, (which I SO wouldn't have expected), so I pair it with PM an awful lot, for those cozy nights on the couch, watching movies. The combo really floats his boat for some reason. I'm okay with that.

It has aged really nicely, too. I wish I'd gotten more than just the one bottle.

Plus, you know: the piggies! ;)

In fact, what I like most about Luv Truffle is that it feels quite sheer. I'd expected it to be a heavy-wearing, winter-ish perfume, but it's beautiful, sexy, and lightweight, and I can totally picture myself wearing in hot, muggy weather. :D

Yeah I characterize it as one of my "light" chocolate scents.

• 3 weeks later...

I only have 3 lil' sample vials (actually, a little more than 2 & 1/2 now....) and I LOVE THIS...but hubby says it just smells like fake chocolate.

I say: "Throweth not pearls before SWINE!" <_<

Humph! :kicking-dirt:

WELL! I chose to not hear him and drool anyway :P I will love this when "that man" be not around and I can indulge without his undesirable commentary....

This is CHOCOLATE, undeniable fact, and I'm loving the hazelnut and coffee too - and that something earthy? (truffle?) I barely get peppermint. I'll have to wear it a bit more...as much as my samples will allow, to enjoy it while I can :)

EDIT:

SQUEAL! Got more LT from the trading area so I can stop lamenting over the littleness of my trail vials, lol, that is until I've nearly exhausted the bottle...then I'll be back here whining just a little...I can see how easy it is to fall in love with something you know you will HAVE to eventually let go of HAHAHA!

Edited by NuTrix

• 6 months later...

I really like this. I'm usually wary of chocolate scents because they tend to go dusty on me. This doesn't go dusty :D This smells like Thin Mint cookies or Mint Chip ice cream. There is an earthiness in the background that's barely peeking through. For a chocolate scent, it's not wearing too heavy. I love smelling like a dessert. And, the pigs on the label are so cute! I would keep it for the label even if I didn't like it because those pigs are so adorable and they make me smile!

Mmmmm....slathered this on yesterday and it lasted ALL day! SO YUM! This is a total favorite that I cannot resist using copious amounts when I wear it...which means it may not last :lol: I have a back up but I will still miss it when it's gone :heart:

• 2 months later...

Mmm, chocolate is not always a go for me but the label alone had me wanting to try it, along with the earthiness that people have described here.... it did not disappoint! I get a dusting of cocoa (reminds me a bit of Velvet Kisses) and then a fabulous earthy darkness which I am guessing is the truffles, animalic musk and marshmallow root? And a thin whisper of mint floating above it all. It's a very sophisticated foodie indeed!

Only issue is that it can get a bit metallic on my skin in the longer stages of drydown, so I am finding myself replenishing it more frequently than I do some of my other LPs.... but I love it freshly slathered so much (and the scent puts me in a bit of a throw-caution-to-the-winds reckless mood!) that I am in a deeply zen place of acceptance that this bottle might not last too long. Worth it!

AD-LuvTruffle-LovePotion_.jpg

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LuvTruffle/

"A sensuous chocolate scent: rich chocolate wrapped around a nut medley featuring hazelnut and marshmallow, rolled in cocoa and coffee powders, with just a hint of chocolate mint, animalic musk and truffle oil."

Check out the label on this bottle, “totes-adorbsies” right?! This blend is yummers for chocolate lovers near and far. I’m so sorry to have been tardy for the party on this one. It’s a sold out fragrance and a keeper. Haven’t seen hide nor hair of it on the Trade pages. For you ladies who have Luv Truffle in your stash – cherish it well :love:

Edited by ComingUpRoses

I found it post "sold out" as well and trolled the trades for it - keep your eyes open - if I got lucky maybe you will to! :)

• 10 months later...

I'm not usually a fan of chocolate scents, as they tend to come off as harsh to me. That said, my attempt to try this one out was fine until I realized that my skin was getting very irritated where I put it on. At least in the more sensitive spots (inner elbow, neck, chest). I had to wash it off, so I wasn't able to do full, all-day test of it. But I will try to do somewhat of a review with the limited information I got from the short time I was able to try it.

I smell chocolate, and not much else. I love truffles, but I don't smell them in this perfume. I don't smell the mint, either, although I'm pretty sure that must be what irritated my skin. Okay, I just took another sniff of the vial, and I can kinda smell the mint, I guess. A little bit.

So, ultimately while this scent is nice enough if you like chocolate scents, it's just not for me. Which is good because I'd hate it if I was madly in love with it, and couldn't wear it because it burned my skin! I am happy I was able to see what it smelled like, though.

I just adore this one! Hmm. I didn't realize there was mint either! I don't get/read it. All I get is CHOCOLATE, lots of yummy sugary, goo-y softly marshmallow-ed chocolate :girlHeart-5:

I have only had 1 item from LP scare me as far as a slightly burning sensation - not this one - but it actually had pepper and wasabi notes in it. But the second time I wore it I got zilch, which I thought was weird, but good because I DID love the fragrance :D

• 1 year later...

Wearing this today, I'm thinking how cool it is that this perfume seems to really span the seasons - it feels perfectly appropriate for all of them. It's light enough for hot weather, but still somehow warm enough to feel cuddly on colder days, (like today). It's sheer, yet it has body, it's snuggly, yet sexy... There's just something really special about this scent. Still one of my faves. :)