Ricotta Sonata

LadyVictoria

DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE.

Omg this is the gates of Heaven. I cannot stop sniffing my arm. A rich and creamy scent drifts up to my nose and surrounds my cubicle in a blanket of YUM. I get creamy dreamy thick vanilla, and coconut? A combo of these ingredients might be smelling like coconut on me. It's thick but breezy at the same time. I feel like I am walking down the street in Little Italy, starving for some pizza pie, but get sidetracked by this scent, that I follow into a bakery. I don't want to leave. Omg this is AMAZING!

In a weird way this reminds me a bit of Cristine's Tropical Musk, possibly because there is something that hangs in the air and smells so good to me.

I can't detect a single note, maybe a bit of pear which is lovely, everything in this is creamy and heavenly to me. Full Bottle fo sho.

Of course this was the first one I put on - just tore into package of happy:) it reminds me a lot of cops & robbers because it sounds noveltyish, but is not so at all on the skin. Initially it did smell incredibly like a cannoli, but I am occasionally getting poked by lemon, this feels like a very typical "early drydown only" thing, more later.

all I get is pear and apricot :(

gonna let this one age a bit

Edited by liz

all I get is pear and apricot :(

gonna let this one age a bit

It is REALLY fruity on me too. I mean REALLY apricotty. But that is what I like so I love it. Gonna test drive it again before I write a real review though. It does not smell anything like I thought it would! I def thought it would be more creamy vanilla-y.

Just put this on so it's still wet. Tons and tons of pear at first. Then the apricot comes out to play. I can smell creaminess trying to come through but the lemon is holding it hostage. It's very pretty. The longer I have it on the creamier it gets. Will be back later to update on dry down.

ETA: takes about 2.5-3 hours to really get creamy. Until then it remains a pear fest.

Edited by halo0073

I don't know why I am tempted to sample this. I don't like fruity at all but I'm hopeful for creaminess.... and the apricot sound so good to me right now... hmm. I know one of the LP (was it spring?) that smelled like pear on me and I traded it. I don't know...

I get a teeny tiny bit of creaminess after drydown but this is primarily fruit on me. I love pear so that is a good thing, but I'm hoping in a month or so I'll get more of a balance.

I've worn this several times now and I do love it. I said it was super apricotty before but now it is just all mainly beautiful juicy sexy pear. Pear is the wayyyy sexiest fruit smell on me. I love my Unwrapped. I probably need a bottle of this for a more summery pear.

@Raq...I am interested to see what you think of this and if the vanilla comes out on you more...

I have my Unwrapped with cops added which makes it even sexier, does anyone think this will cover cops as well?

eta: I have Luv Truffle on one wrist and Ricotta on the other for these two reviews this morning and between the two smelled separately I am most certainly a fruit girl over a choco girl but together they ain't bad either if your looking for a chocolate pear truffle wrapped in a cannoli type thing.

That was a vurrrry long sentence above.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

I have my Unwrapped with cops added which makes it even sexier, does anyone think this will cover cops as well?

I think it would just because the pear is really strong.

This one is really nice and I like it, but (as often the case with my weird nose) it is not very like the description on me. I get the fruity part, and the honey flower, but I'm not sensing the creamy or ricotta part, and the vanilla is very light and not foody at all. I was expecting a very foody desserty scent. But that is okay, because is is a really nice, well-blended fruit with just a touch of floral summertime scent.

For some reason, it reminds me a little bit of A Treasure of Pearls, even though well, none of the notes are the same.

My nose must be broken or something but I don't get anything creamy, dairy or honeyed. I do get a super fruity tangy and summery sheer potion.

All I get is Watermelon Jolly rancher...I was hoping to get lots of pear, which I loooove and many of you guys seem to get it, but I can only smell tangy candy with a watermelon punch. I wanted to love this, don't get me wrong it is lovable and sweet, but it is just not for me.

RICOTTA (DAIRY PRODUCTS) ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

VANILLA CREME ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

This smelled like Jolly Rancher on me. All Day. I didn't get any creaminess. I must really amp fruit and floral notes (the ones I don't like). I'll try again tomorrow.

I think this one just needs to age a bit before the creaminess comes out (for most of us). I bet in a couple months it will have changed; apricot especially tends to be very robust.

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, I spilt most of my sample of this on my bed when I went to smell it! *facepalm* I have been so clumsy lately - first Bridezilla in the car, then Happy Ending throughout my bag, now this! Fortunately it does smell pretty good on my bed :) It is quite fresh but foody, surprisingly fruity. Ricotta is such an interesting smell, what a great idea to use it as a fragrance note!

• 1 month later...

When I first put this on, I smelled the fruits and teakwood the most, and it was sharper and less sweet than I expected. About 30 minutes after it was dry, the teak retired (but did not disappear) and the vanilla came out, along with a wonderful creaminess (not exactly the word I want, but all that I can think of) that I am attributing to the ricotta. That's how it stayed for the duration--creamy and fruity and delicious. It lasted for a solid 8 hours on me. I didn't even bother with a sample of this, I went straight for a bottle!

• 6 months later...

I am so in love with this. I tried out my sniffee last week and was wowed by it. I tried it before reading about the ingredients. My nose picked up the cream right away but I couldn't please the fruitiness that was coming through. I kept thinking a juicy non sour lemon type something. Now I know it's the pear and apricot.

The overall scent made me think of a Greek pastry I would have as a kid. It had a creamy, fluffy, thick filling that was sweetened but not too sweet. A lot of the pastries I grew up with in Greece and Germany were like this. When I moved back to the U.S. as a teen I remember thinking that all the sweets were overbearing in their sweetness level. Anyway, this reminded me of the filling in those pastries and it made me happy to sniff my arms throughout the day. Yes, I'll be getting a bottle of this in my next order. Any other fans out there??

all the bakery creaminess sounded great and then people started talking about apricots and pears and I had to slam on the breaks of my interest.

However, this is the second time I've heard of someone spilling perfume in their bed (first JOC now Synergist.) I think when I do laundry tomorrow and change out my bedding, I'm going to take a sniffee that I liked by wasn't a FB winner and try perfuming my bed on purpose! Ah, Opulence... I has it!

• 10 months later...

Mmmm, just put this on for the first time, and it's very nice! Initially much fruit, primarily apricot, but then I get the creamy ricotta gorgeous dessert vibe. The whole thing is subtle, sweet but not too sweet, and extremely yummy. It's very nice for a cold winter's night -- I am surprised, I thought I would want to be breaking out the heavy resins for this ice storm weather, but I am finding the more delicate foodie scents (Caught in the Act springs to mind as well) very soothing. Hot bath, clean sheets, and a delicious edible scent just wafting up about me....

• 8 months later...

How did I never try this until now? This was a hidden gem that I decided to get on a whim from the sale. It's smells sooo good! Vanilla and coconut cream(?) with a fruitiness that doesn't overpower. The fruit is not candy like at all. This smells like a bakery or delicious dessert. Love!

Any other re-visits or reviews of this? Notes sound gorgeous, but I admit I have no idea how teakwood will 'play' on this one. I'm plotting planning next order and may want to grab a sample of this. I find that fruity blends with cream(s) tone down any stabbiness my skin my amp on the fruit note.

For the honey in this - how strong is that note - it is sweet honey or smutty honey or another type? Some honeys go powdery on me- but I still haven't figured out if it's a honey note or a honey-vanilla -resin (particular type of each) that when put together go baby powdery on my skin. Which I don't like on myself. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I like it. I also get creamy apricot, which is nice (although I wish the pear came through more on me). I wore this to bed and woke up this morning with, interestingly, the smell of white musk (?) even though it's not a note. No complaints though, because this smells very nice too.

Edited by Witty Kitty