Blushing Embers

katz

AD-BlushingEmbers-LovePotion_1.jpg

Blushing Embers

There's nothing more desirable on a long winter's night than a roaring fire...to set the mood and lend warmth to certain nocturnal activities. Sure, it's fun to cuddle all warm and cozy, but don't let it stop there...turn up the heat with our salute to snuggly pursuits! This is a "sweet pink smoke" creation of woodsmoke accords blended with pinky sugar and mulberry plus a rich undercurrent of maple sugar and marshmallow. Uniquely sophisticated and sexy, show him what happens when he feeds the flame within you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
MAPLE SUGAR ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

WOODSMOKES ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm getting a nice soft pink scent, but not much of the embers portion of the scent, so don't be afraid of that, it's very subtle! What I like is the coziness of this one, it's not OVERLY bright on me, a wearable pink!

Well Duh,shows you how my nose is...not! I get the strawberry now that I have seen the ingredients...this is sweet candy,on me :) It smells like one of those old fashioned xmas hard candies taste,if that makes sense :D

It's NOT like a bowl of berries on me, It's blended well with the other ingredients to form a 'pink' feel, rather than fresh berries like Puppified Strawberries is.

That kind of excites me, because berries smell like plastic on me, sometimes.

....but then, you've also just reminded me that I reallyreallyreallyreally want to try Puppified Strawberries.

Mulberry is the main note, with strawberry present just a touch in the background, if you can smell it at all. It's one of the berries that makes sugar smell pink, but not the only one. My feel for this one was to be all about the smoke. I used like half a dozen smoke varieties, and it served to make what might be a "typical" sweet pink scent more sophisticated, dusty, and seasonal.

I slathered. wet, it was OMG STRAWBERRIES COVERED WITH PINK SUGAR!!!!! and I was very happy because it did not go plasticky on me at all, which berries (esp strawberry) often do. But within about ten seconds, something stabby and airfreshener-y pushed through- it read as a perfumey tea rose or lemongrass, but looking back/looking at the ingredients, I'm thinking it may be the mulberry -- sour fruits like currant amp madly on me. :( through drydown the strawberry predominated again, kept getting chewy robust wafts of it, and now, about 5 hours in, it's a strawberry marshmallow but still with a hint of that citrusy pointy thing. :( I get smoke at no point, though I wonder if that's what keeps the strawberry from going plastic on me...

Well Duh,shows you how my nose is...not! I get the strawberry now that I have seen the ingredients...this is sweet candy,on me :) It smells like one of those old fashioned xmas hard candies taste,if that makes sense :D

Ooh, I know the strawberry ones with the liquid center? Yes! Totally smells like strawberry incense on me. Saw my cousin at his work & he was like "where are you working now? You smell like incense." I was all like "nope it's just my perfume." He said "Well it smells like incense & I like it."

I tried this today, and I liked it at first. It was very PINK - super sweet berries at first. As it dried down, I could smell the "embers", that was nice too. But about 90 mins in, it turned to a flat, dusty scent. Kind of similar to what happened with Spinnerette on me.

I'm glad I tried it, but it will need to find a better home :)

Trying this again,and I get the smoke now,not strong,but I could not smell it at all before...wow :) :) :)

...hmmm,no Beccah,not really the strawberry now,more like that ribbon candy,maybe :lol:

I am dying over this!It smells like delicious strawberries burning in marshmallow sugar!! The smoke is not scary at all! Okay picture

I dream of Jeanie when she comes out of the bottle- all pink pretty smoke! This is hoard worthy. First I got a little candy like in Feeling Groovy but not as loud, then it mellows out very nicely to a soft pink haze, that sits there nicely and follows you around.

I wore this last night on my way home and kept reaching over to smell my hand. It has great staying powder.

This should have been called Pink Haze or Pink Smoke, Pink Trail, because it moves with you and I can picture a bunch of kitties or men following me like zombies because I smell so sweet!

Thus far this starts out on me as a very intense sugary (like, I can smell the crystals) Kool-Aid fruit punch flavor kind of pink. And I like that part, it would make a great b&b experience. I'm not that much of a pink person but I do like certain kinds of sweetness. Gradually some of the other notes rise up in the background although they stay in the back, the pink quality is very much the heart of this scent. It's sort of a dry almost savory kind of smell in the background and it does make for an interesting combination. I don't know that it quite works on me...I think I would have liked it if the pinkness backed off to let the smoke come to the fore, like I was kinda hoping to get a Sugared Bonfire vibe in the end. Once this ages some then I'm interested to see if it changes.

Blushing Embers is obviously a PINK scent but it has a sophisticated quality that other pink scents lack and I'm sure its the smokey factor that's working its magic...I love pink scents, love Spinerett to death, LP Pink and everything pinky I do crave, they are yummy!...but I wear my pinkies knowing some of them don't project elegance or sophistication, if that makes sense...but BE accomplishes both extreme yumminess and sophistication...

It does wear very close to the skin, but it does go a long way...doesn't fade away fast and it feels like a whisper on the skin...I love it...

I do get the pink smoke, the strawberry and the marshmallow...but the smoke doesn't feel incensey but more as vapor...I bet this one will smell lovely layered with some LAM...

Edited by Gabylicious

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I wore this for my date with the ex on Sunday.. He said I smelled soooo good, he then spent the evening in my neck

if you love Pink scents~ THIS IS IT

If you love cuddling ~ THIS IS IT

if you love bruises on your thighs and a broken windshield from heavy make out session This plus Blatant Invitation IS IT!!!!!! This combo might just surpass CP in limbnastics category.

There you go, Lady V!

Nice review...will definitely try this one out with BI and Sexpionage too

I am so in love with this one it's not even funny. I can't stop smelling myself. OMG is this my new Special D????

This is yummy pink burning marshmallow candy goodness. It's crazy how it smells like marshmallows are melting. Like cotton candy drizzled in marshmallows.

I am so in love with this one it's not even funny. I can't stop smelling myself. OMG is this my new Special D????

This is yummy pink burning marshmallow candy goodness. It's crazy how it smells like marshmallows are melting. Like cotton candy drizzled in marshmallows.

I get that same pinky marshmellow smell. I like this one as well.

So I did not give this the appreciation it deserved the first time around. I don't think I let it evolve enough before I threw Phantoms Breath on it because I didn't get the smokiness at first. In fact I only got a full bottle with the intention of always mixing the two... BUT. I wore it all on it's own to a dinner party Sunday and FELL IN LOVE with it. I still get the candy kool aid sweetness but throughout the night that dusky sexy smokiness revealed itself!

Also...it is now HG's favorite. I'll still mix Blushing and Phantom together for myself but this is def my new date night scent on it's own.

I think it is good for day or night...dress up or dress down (or not dressed at all) and anytime of year.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG Sweet huffing love. Sweet dripping mulberry and sugar with the teensiest puff of smoke nestled on a huge fluffy bed of marshmallow. I love marshmallow, it's one of my favorite accords and Blushing Embers does not disappoint. I get no maple sugar thankfully because it can be a death note for me. It is what initially scared me off of this one. I am so glad I was gifted one by Lady V.

• 3 months later...

This is the first time I have ever tried LP Fragrances. My first sample is Blushing Embers. All I can say is WOW! It smells absolutely devine. After first applying you can really smell the "pink" this fragrance has to offer. The Mulberry, maple, marshmallow and pinky sugar accords are sweet but not so much that it overwhelms you. Trust me, I am not a huge sweet person unless it is tamed with smokey or wood accord. After sitting on my skin for about 30 minutes the wood smoke finally comes through. My hubby loves it. This one is definitely a keeper!! Thanks LP for the wonderful treat. : )

Lynette

• 5 months later...

I get lots and lots of berries and sugar with this one. Surprisingly I couldn't smell the maple sugar nor the wood/smokiness. It's a lovely scent to wear and the way it turns out on my skin, this is a very happy scent so I will probably layer this with A-Nol or OW.

I am down to a bottle and half of another with this one. I was staring at it the other day because I wanted to feel like Barbara Edens, but I could not bear to make the bottle go down anymore, because I think this one is almost gone from the cart forever! I love this pink sexy smoke- perrrrffecct for the cooler weather, I have been thinking of boosting this with SS4W or even Lace.. I think both are perfect for this sexy pink smoke.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmmm I was really excited about this but I'm not really getting the smoke much either, I don't understand. Luckily I'm not getting that headache i get from some smoke scents like I did with that one with the cherries, I forgot what it was called. All I'm noticing much is the mulberry, it's the warm version of frosted mulberry cranberry and plum to me, which I have. I'll give this another chance though before swapping it off. It's nice I just already have a super mulberry scent...

• 7 months later...

Well Blushing Embers is a hit with me. I think I really like mulberry. It's also a note in Merry and I LOVE Merry. It gives a really fruit punchy - kook aid scent that is just so candy like and girly. This has that smokey burnt marshmallow dry down that is heavenly. I like this for bedtime. It makes me feel very cuddly and cozy.

• 4 months later...

I grabbed a bottle during the recent sale. I love it, it's pink and sexy on me. I get a little smoke from it. My office cleaners love this scent as well. They don't usually comment on my perfume but one of the ladies love this and Babes In The Wood.

Edited by JOC

I just read the reviews on this for the first time. Pink Smoke????!!!

Shoooot....sign me up! I'm SERIOUSLY bummed that I missed this, it sounds so very very original.

If anyone wants to trade/ sell some of this, even a sample, hit me up.

Is it even sold out, or no?

Edited by cheeseburger79

Wow this sounds great. When I think of the many times I came close to grabbing a bottle.....

Ah well Mara will continue to dazzle & surprise us so I'll just look to the future. I have lots of goodness to keep me going for now.

Edited by StacyK