Special Delivery

luna65

AD-SpecialDelivery.jpg

Special Delivery

Rediscover romance with the luscious scent of chocolate covered cherries! Mouthwatering milk chocolate, maraschino cherries (syrupy sweet, definitely not medicinal), a dash of tangy red currant, and a blend of rich sweet ambers makes you unbelievably delicious smelling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

SWEET MILK CHOCOLATE~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

MARASCHINO CHERRIES ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.

CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.

SWEET AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This makes me think of the Yoplait tagline: It is so good.

Also, awesomesauce. Like, if I could pour this all over me NO ONE COULD RESIST ME! But I'd probably have to be made of ice cream in order for it to really work.

But seriously, I love chocolate-cherry anything but as we know cherry accords can be tricksy but as this one is blended with the currant it adds tang and body and YUM! The chocolate is sweet and snuggly, not too heavy, and in the drydown there's a bit more brightness from the currant mingling with the warmth of the amber but this does not turn evil or weird and in fact is delicious and lickable. I must have this in every form known to LPMP and become a walking confection of NOM!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get the Chocolate Cherry Coffee-Sugar scrub too?

HAH...bet she did and if she didn't she will :wub:

I have a snootfull of G&L still,but I can tell I really like this one :omgwtf: ...soooo glad I got the scrub too :huh:

I wasn't sure how a chocolate cherry fragrance would work for me but this is really good. It reminds me of Nosfy's Aperitif or Classic Seduction, but with cherry instead of roses. Both the cherry and chocolate notes are absolutely delicious. LP has helped me realize that chocolate perfumes are actually not bad. :)

HOLY CRAP THIS IS GOOD! Cherry & Chocolate that doesn't go sharp or old ladyish on me. Later on I get a vanilla, but there's no vanilla in the notes, strange. I think a full bottle is in order for this one.

Did you get the Chocolate Cherry Coffee-Sugar scrub too?

Oh yes, and it is FABOO! I loved myself so much after I got out of the shower..*sigh*

I received my samples this weekend and I love this one! It's chocolate, cherries and sexyness!

I felt very Goth for some reason. Maybe because the chocolate is dark as opposed to milk?

On another note- what is drydown? Is that the scent after you put it on? What are the stages of smell? Because for me whenever I wear a scent its very strong in the beginning and then I can't smell it anymore after a while it disappears.

For the most part, we can't smell ourselves. Our noses become accustomed to our own scent pretty quickly. You might have to wear a bit more or on a warmer part of your body, but most people cannot smell their own perfume after a little while, but everyone else still can.

Dry down...you apply it wet, and it has a certain smell wet, then it dries on the skin and melds with your personal skin chemistry, and it may or may not change a bit at that point.

For the most part, we can't smell ourselves. Our noses become accustomed to our own scent pretty quickly. You might have to wear a bit more or on a warmer part of your body, but most people cannot smell their own perfume after a little while, but everyone else still can.

Dry down...you apply it wet, and it has a certain smell wet, then it dries on the skin and melds with your personal skin chemistry, and it may or may not change a bit at that point.

Got it thanks! So much to learn ; )

I didn't expect to like this one, and I didn't really like it in the vial...but this is by far my fave from this months releases!

It's utterly lovely on. Very feminine with the delicate roses, a hint of dark chocolate & fruit initially, but the chocolate fades on dry down leaving a lush vanilla cream in its place... It's so yummy...slightly similar to Le Fleur Cremeuse but less emphasis on the roses...this one is more subtle & delicate if that makes sense.

And Mr Scrumptious loves it too ^_^ I must get myself a bottle or two of this one

• 2 weeks later...

I shared this around the other day. On one girl it smelled like rich chocolate covered cherries. On another it turned almost floral, but entirely yummy. On one of my guy friends it was all dark chocolate with a slightly spicy edge. More men should try this one. On me it smells like baby powder with a little whisper of berry.

Skin chemistry is so LOL

This is becoming one of my soul scents. I get such amazing results when I wear this. This one really lives up to its name for me. Everytime I wear it I get jewelry or something sweet. I wore it few days ago and wondered what sweet delivery would make its way to me, and my coworker delivered my girl scout cookies to me. He's such a sweet guy too.

Last time I wore it, I received a white sapphire necklace with tiny daimonds on a white gold chain! I think everyone needs to buy this scent, or at least sample it- Im not even joking it really lives up to its name. I am going to have to purchase massive stock. The Amber in this sweet concoction is really digging my vibe.

At first sniff this reminds me of the chocolate in Nosfy's. As it wears it becomes a sweet soft powdery rose. The cherry is very subtle. Very nice!

Oh... this sounds like my cup of teaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! :o I love the Nosfys!!! CHOCOLATE + POWDER + ROSE.... OMG......................... I was kinda worried about the cherry notes.... coz im not a big fan of cherries.... but you guys made it sound so YUMMY!!!!!!!!! >.< gonna get me some of this in my next order! ;)

I admit, I saw chocolate covered cherries and sort of dismissed this as too foody...

But OOOHHH the currant. I adore that currant note and that's what I get here. A softly sweetened, slightly powdery currant. It might be cherry but my mind goes to the more sour (in a good way!) currant.

I kinda adore this one...

I don't like cherries either, and this is absolutely fantastic. I really think you would flip over this one.

;):o:019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

OH..... When will next month's potion be coming out!!??? CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTT!!!! :D:):OU1994~19:

Edited by bumbob

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say they're even, it really is the smell of a chocolate-covered cherry, and thus all which that implies.

• 3 months later...

Here's a review of the rebrew...'cept it's probably just MOAR instead of a rebrew...ANYWAY, Onedzguy found the thread for me!

This is a YUMMY scent! The chocolate actually works on my skin without having to be non-sweet!!!!! *GASP!* And the fruit--it's cherries and currants, yes?--just nestle on in there and blend nicely. I do believe the amber is kind of holding it all together. I wanted to lick my arm the first couple times I wore this. Heh. It will kind of go back and forth between chocolate and fruited chocolate, and when it settles into its long-drydown blend, it's just unabashedly appealing. Once it gets to this stage, I wouldn't be able to pick out the individual notes if I didn't know they were there. It reminds me of a candle I used to make. And note that if I say something smells like a candle, it's a COMPLIMENT. Heee! I felt like an eejit when I missed the first brew, so I'm *reeeeeeeally glad* I got to get a bottle this time around!

THANKYOU, MARA!!! wub.gif

I wanted to add, everyone who loves this in 'fume must try it in the wax melts, it is chocolate-cherry fabulousness! :)

I wanted to add, everyone who loves this in 'fume must try it in the wax melts, it is chocolate-cherry fabulousness! :)

O-KAAAAAAY! I was wondering about the deliciousness potential! On the shopping list it goes!!!

Here's a review of the rebrew...'cept it's probably just MOAR instead of a rebrew...ANYWAY, Onedzguy found the thread for me!

This is a YUMMY scent! The chocolate actually works on my skin without having to be non-sweet!!!!! *GASP!* And the fruit--it's cherries and currants, yes?--just nestle on in there and blend nicely. I do believe the amber is kind of holding it all together. I wanted to lick my arm the first couple times I wore this. Heh. It will kind of go back and forth between chocolate and fruited chocolate, and when it settles into its long-drydown blend, it's just unabashedly appealing. Once it gets to this stage, I wouldn't be able to pick out the individual notes if I didn't know they were there. It reminds me of a candle I used to make. And note that if I say something smells like a candle, it's a COMPLIMENT. Heee! I felt like an eejit when I missed the first brew, so I'm *reeeeeeeally glad* I got to get a bottle this time around!

THANKYOU, MARA!!! wub.gif

You are welcome. And thank you again Mara!!!!!

ODG

I waxed lyrical and talked about this fragrance at length in the Potion Of The Day thread, and it is without a shadow of a doubt the Lovely Man Of My Life's favourite LP scent on me ever - even edging past his beloved LP Red..But I can hand on heart say this right now.. I would head for the hills - screaming, if he wore this around me..!

It is of course horses for courses I know, but he does NOT wear foody or gourmand scents - ever, and in fact we both ended up in a fit of the giggles three years ago when he attempted to pull off Mugler's A-Men - the male version of the ubiquitous Angel..It was just SO "All wrong" on him, and was as "off" as things of that genre are "RIGHT" on me...It would seriously just be totally incongruent for him to wear something like this on his 6 foot 7" frame..A bit of tobacco coupled possibly with a dark carob note, is about as foody as he gets, but he ADORES gourmand scents on me.. For SURE!! ^_~

On some men Special Delivery may of course come over as very sexy and appealing, but the majority of TYPICAL Scots guys in general (one of which number The Lovely Man Of My Life DEFINITELY is) are NOT fans of foody aromas on themselves, which is probably a large part of why they don't work on my countrymen - well not for ME, they don't....

On the other hand, if he COULD inhale it on me morning, noon and NIGHT, he would definitely DO so and that's just DANDY by me! ^_~ I have this in an Est Spray Mara made up for me, and can tell you that NOTHING more perfectly demonstrates the marvellously calming and cuddle-inducing effects that a *WOMAN WEARING ESTRATETRAENOL HAS ON A MAN WHO IS EXPOSED TO HER WEARING IT, than this juice - because EST literally does turn the Lovely Man of My life from a Grumpy Grizzly Bear after a horrid and hard day's work, RIGHT into a calmer, more centred and more balanced Cuddle Monster of a TEDDY Bear, within as LITTLE as ten minutes of being exposed to me wearing it..I can actually SEE the shadows lifting from his weary, tired eyes and his mind shifting happily into soft-focus..Yes, it really is THAT good, ladies..!

I know there's very little left of the Special Delivery rebrew now, but those of you who already KNOW you get great reactions from wearing EST around a man you care about in a BIG way *yes not ALL women experience this I know, because there are definitely some men who do not LIKE to feel the more gooey, almost Soul-bearing way they WILL feel around a woman wearing it* I urge you to please, PLEASE consider having Mara make it up into a Beta-Spray for you, because seriously? An EST spray with Special Delivery worn by a woman, is like she has been given a bottle of Nectar - almost like Mana from Teddy Bear Heaven, and is like a Free Pass if you will, into the Sanctuary of The Realm of the Teddy Bear God..It's..AWESOME! :D

*Emphasised because men will NEVER achieve the same effects if they wear EST around a woman, as a woman WILL get when she wears it around a man*

Special Delivery - it delivers ALL that you could hope and wish for in a fragrance signature - and ALL you could possibly imagine in your wildest dreams - and then some! :020105~21:

Blessings

Ail )O(

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely adore this scent. I can't tell you, I've spent all day huffing my arm. I feel like a juicy cherry dripping in luscious belgian chocolate. I feel so delicious, I want to nom the arm off with the SD on it.

I think I have found the most favorite fragrance, ever.

After reading all the reviews, I really want to try this one too...but Im a little worried about the cherry being medicinal or the chocolate being plasticky or burnt...has there been any reactions that way?

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of the choco cherry scrub a few months back! It smells EXACTLY like it :banana058: The dark chocolate is so deep and sensual :banana055: Anyone who LOVES DARK CHOCO will LOVE this!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say, this is becoming one of my *very* favorite scents. I love it paired with just a touch of Occo White. I got so many compliments with that pairing that it was utterly ridiculous.

Ooooo! I'm going to try this RIGHT NOW. Hey, I've got a free spot on my right arm...

...This is nice! I just found more free skin to scent! YUM!

I don't mind teech-achingly sweetness in my perfume. Smelling like a bakery/pastry always makes me ultra, ultra happy.

The initial might be a bit sweet overload, but I have found it dries down on me to just a nummy combination of chocolate-y, vanilla-y, fruity confection. I had 7 people (both men and women) comment on this combo in one hour, and that's a record. One girl walked all over the bar looking for the source of the scent, and when she found me, told me I was a living cupcake and it's driving her insane. I also LOVE this with Cougar.

Edited by kittenkat

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't worn this one often. Fruit notes and I don't play well together so I tend to avoid them. But I'm something of a chocolate ho so I couldn't resist the rebrew.

On first sniff and application this is very tangy. It has a definite sharpness, similar to rose geranium, that overpowers everything else. I mean, it's not floral but it has the same quality as rose geranium does, to overpower everything else. That must be the current.

But that disappears very quickly once the scent starts to dry down though and you can start to smell bright cherries and dark chocolate mingled together but very close to the skin. Not overpowering anymore. Very rich and subtle. Like a Cherry Blossom but darker and more luscious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Blossom_%28candy%29

I was able to try the scrub (thank you bumbob) and it was to die for and this is exactly like that now that it's had an hour on my skin. It's very tempting to do what Ail suggested and get a beta test bottle with EST for this so I can spritz my hair as well.