Special Delivery

luna65

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I haven't worn this one often. Fruit notes and I don't play well together so I tend to avoid them. But I'm something of a chocolate ho so I couldn't resist the rebrew.

On first sniff and application this is very tangy. It has a definite sharpness, similar to rose geranium, that overpowers everything else. I mean, it's not floral but it has the same quality as rose geranium does, to overpower everything else. That must be the current.

But that disappears very quickly once the scent starts to dry down though and you can start to smell bright cherries and dark chocolate mingled together but very close to the skin. Not overpowering anymore. Very rich and subtle. Like a Cherry Blossom but darker and more luscious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Blossom_%28candy%29

I was able to try the scrub (thank you bumbob) and it was to die for and this is exactly like that now that it's had an hour on my skin. It's very tempting to do what Ail suggested and get a beta test bottle with EST for this so I can spritz my hair as well.

I love Special Delivery and wished I would have bought more bottles.

If you ever want to let this go let me know. It's completely GGG unless M finds some more hiding in the studio waiting for my chubby little hands.

• 4 weeks later...

Special Delivery is the very first potion I fell in love with, I have deemed it my signature scent- this one and La Fleur okay maybe my PES and CAC- but this one is #1

Anytime I wear this one it makes me so happy and takes away any sadness or depression. It calms my nerves and brings sweet special deliveries my way.. today I received a box full of chocolate covered fruit from my sister. We got in a fight last night and I cried myself to sleep I was so upset. I grabbed this and forgot I had it in my purse until a couple of hours ago- I splashed and BOOM my mood lifted my head cleared and chocolate covered fruits made their way into my desk

I don't need anti depressants as long as I have Special D. I won't kill anyone as long as I have Special D.

Special D is my drug. Never fails to bring a smile to my face and rains chocolate skittles and chocolate covered fairy dust with unicorns and snow.

• 3 months later...

I'm shocked I never decently properly reviewed this. It's the freshest plumpest cheeky cherry in a thick very milky milk chocolate. I wear it at night a lot for some reason. Incredible staying power.

The newer one has a deeper cherry to it. I love them both, but I get more a redder cherry with chocolate with this one, with 2011 the chocolate was more prominent to my nose. If you have ever had fondue, when the chocolate melts and it has that deep choco rich smell? picture that with cherries. LOVE

Now that I have a bottle of the new brew stashed away in my hoard...*whew*

As I mentioned, Mara said she thought this version was "denser," she brewed it entirely from memory/notes because she didn't actually have any on hand (that's how fast it sold last time). I get that aura while at the same time it still retains that soft sexy yumminess to it, The cherry does seem more intense at the center of it.

• 3 weeks later...

This is for the rebrew. Frankly, I adore it! A lot of creamy scents like chocolate can go ashy on my skin (smelling like nothing more than ashes), but the chocolate in this remains lucious and rich. The cherries are neither medicinal/artificial or tart and super fruity, but sugary and dripping. It's a smooth, bright scent without so much a sharpness to lighten it, but it just feels happy. Despite the foody nature of it, it isn't really an overtly "I smell like a smooshed cherry cordial" scent. I think the amber tempers it enough to make it more wearable as a daytime perfume rather than a special occasion scent. It lasts well for about 2-3 hours on my skin, and is probably one of those scents that needs to be reapplied.

• 4 weeks later...

My skin eats this up as if this were the real thing... or maybe i'm just finding an excuse to bathe in this. I have the 2012 edition and the chocolate is light and breezy compared to the sumptuous CHOCO-LATE in glistening buttons or dream lover. Layered chocolate wafers perhaps? mmm cherry yogurt and chocolate wafer parfait. yup i'm hungry.

• 4 weeks later...

Quaker oats to go granola bars makes a dark chocolate and cherry Chewy Bar. Mmmmmmm it's delicious and low calorie :3 reminds me of Special D - I crave Special D when I eat one, but I crave one when I wear Special D.

LOL!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is absolutely delicious!

I really, really want to lick my arm but I just know it won't taste the way it smells, lol. It reminds me of those chocolate covered cherries candies that have a little syrupy stuff in them, I can't think of what they're called. Like dark chocolate and maraschino cherries, which I just love! Smooth and creamy, bright and sweet, with just the right hint of dark chocolate bitterness!

I couldn't smell much the moment I applied on my skin. My daughter too. Then the chocolate started to unfold and the cherry kicked in. It's a cheerful and girlish scent. I think I might have to grab another bottle.

It's a yummy chocolate cherry, it's those little amazing dome shaped chocolates with the liquid/cherry centres, and has been responsible for my current need for chocolatey scents atm. My freebie sniffie may run out fast!

I can't say enough about my love for this blend, so I won't, for fear that stock will run low. I am halfway through a spray bottle of the 2012 edition so I ordered another one. I am in a panic this morning because I can't find it and I bring it to work everyday and use it when I feel stressed or anxious. UGH. I did bring back up in in the form of oil boosted with La Femme. So I am not so much in panic but I am.

This is a review for a sample I received called Special Delivery. This one receives two thumbs up!

I have recently become addicted to fragrances with chocolate. I have never been one for anything too sweet or cloying but my hubby really loves the combination of chocolate and cherry so I ordered it. Boy, I am sure glad I did. Once I put it on I was blown away by how realistic this fragrance is. It is spot a spot on chocolate/cherry concoction. After 30 minutes on my skin I could really smell the amber coming through. I cannot quit sniffing it. LOL! LP fragrances are amazing!

Lynette

Hi Blue Bear,

Thanks for the post. I thought I was posting to the right place. Upon looking I can see that I wasn't. Learn as you go is my motto. LOL! I will definitely keep that in mind for future reviews. Thanks again

Lynette

I retested twice since my initial review. I gave the bottle a good shake, like more than 1 minute to ensure the ingredients are properly mixed. The scent don't seem to last. I applied it on my body as I would with any LP scent. I got the chocolate part then a little cherry and that's it. I couldn't smell anything else after I got into my office. I'm so sad that I don't get the staying power and chewy goodness. I might try it on my hair though.

I bought a bottle of this potion unsniffed because I knew I would love it...To be fair, I have to say all of your previous reviews convinced me I had to get a bottle and I don't regret it...

I know it may seem weird, but my crazy nose keeps remembering Girly Twirly when I slather this, and to me it seems like Special D is an ultra milky chocolate version of Girly Twirly, except for the type of cherries...The red currant in this reminded me of Girly Twirly so much, I love this note and I never would have thought something so bright and tangy would go so well with a milky chocolatey note....both potions have cherry, but different kinds, the one in Girly Twirly is super tangy, whereas the cherry in Special D is just like the description says, syrupy, like honeyed cherry, yum!

Special Delivery smells exactly like chocolate milk...it is as milky as it gets, and to add sophistication to an already soothing scent, syrupy cherries balance the creaminess and the tangy red currant gives it a subtle, edible sexiness that really makes me wanna lick myself...

Oh, and I've noticed that if you apply a chocolate body lotion underneath it lasts longer, but on its own Special D already has great longevity and a nice sillage, just enough for people around you to notice you smell totally edible...

I always use Special D as my base coat for anything. It smells so good and it really soothes my nerves.

I loooved Speical D with Occo Ambrosia. I was like a hot fondue bowl of chocolate smothered fruit. Ready to be... continued.

• 2 weeks later...

I've worn this a few times in the last week or so. I love it. What I wasn't expecting was for my BF to love it. He hates cherries. I completely expected him to squinch his nose up and ask, 'What stinks?' when I put this on, because the cherry is pronounced on my skin. But instead he buries his face in my neck. Every. Single. Time. And you know, that's pretty nice. So now I need a full bottle. :D And I'm not upset about that. At all. ;) 'Cause this smells just like ooey-gooey chocolate covered cherries, and it makes me feel delicious.

ETA, I just discovered tonight how great this smells with LAM Pink Amber. Oh my God, I smell delicious! :D

Edited by Eggers

• 1 month later...

I SEE what the big deal about this is now, or smell I should say!!! I have the second version and I just adore it. It's nothing I expected it to be. I don't understand how this is foody yet still has that sexy womanly perfume quality about it. To me foody has always been cutesy and comfortable but this is almost sensual and seductive! I can pick out the cherries but it's not a loud fruity cherry, it's a sexed up cherry with the chocolate making it even more decadent. I'm so happy I got to try this one b/c I was missing out before! Can't wait to wear it with my Man, maybe to an upcoming wedding, I know he's gonna love this one.

• 11 months later...

I have been loving on Special Delivery. It's a very milky and creamy chocolate. It's not dark or cocoa like at all. And the cherry keeps it sweet. it doesnt go dusty chocolate at all. Had someone next to me say Wow you smell like chocolate! Chocolate is usually hit or miss on me so I'm happy I found a chocolate scent that works.

Yesterday I had my friend bring my sweater to me from the other room. I see him walk over, literally snuggle my sweater and say Mmmm this smells like YOU! Now, I did find this weird lol- but sweet... I love how LPs are special/unique and create that signature. No other fragrance company even compares!

I don't understand how this is foody yet still has that sexy womanly perfume quality about it.

It's the amber, it's really great at giving a sexy aura to blends, depending on the type used.

• 1 year later...

I guess I've never reviewed this.

I love it!!! I had PM give my bottle a little cops boost because the scent just begs for it. Delicious rich chocolate with a light top off of Cherry (not to sweet) grounded with what is just a really nice, Unobtrusive amber. I wore it last night and oh I felt so relaxed and a little slinky too. :heart:

• 5 months later...

I had never tried the second one, being well-stocked in the first. I'm getting to try it now thanks to a freebie from phergineer. And I am very glad, as it's quite different on me. This is cherry flavored milk chocolate where is the original one was milk-chocolate-covered cherries. It's an incredibly true "melted in the summer heat" milk chocolate, with only occasional fleeting glimpses of black cherry. I assume this is long gone but if someone foisted a bottle at me I would sure not turn it down. :D