Celestial Body

halo0073

AD-CelestialBody-LovePotion.jpg

Celestial Body

Sensuality defined with our “warm skin” fragrance – possessing an edible allure – suitable for day or night, but it will certainly evoke the possibilities which occur during an intimate interlude spent under the stars…light Spring honey and ylang ylang EO caressed by hints of sweet apricot and fig and melding with a core of rich molten amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection
,aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far this is my favorite of the month. It is indeed a warm skin skin. And without any musk! I must like Ylang because several of my favorite potions have it, but I can't pick it out in this one. I get the apricot when wet, nice and juicy. And the honey.Then the fig comes in with the amber and rounds it out and grounds it. It's fading pretty quickly on me but I don't care, I will just slather. Gorgeous!!! If you liked Mellonia's Secret, you will love this.

This is another case of me being able to wear ylang-ylang when it's combined with a gourmand note. This is so pretty, but it kind of reminds me of things like Money Honey and The Prince and the Showgirl because, I think, the honey is given sensual depth by all the other notes. But it's that bright, almost crystalline, honey which I really enjoy. So along with Tangy Ylang this is a ylang-based fragrance I can enjoy!

I thought I liked ylang, & do in many other things, but it does NOT like me in this one - or maybe it's the combo of the ylang + honey? Ths blend had a warm, round sweetness I liked at first, but it also kept meandering in & out of musty/powdery/potpourri territory, with a dead ringer for magnolia blossoms smell coming through which I don't care for :( again I believe this is a point-of-the-cycle thing, partly, as other things are acting a little weird on me...at any rate I added some PS Violet Smoke and that combo works great.

I thought I liked ylang, & do in many other things, but it does NOT like me in this one - or maybe it's the combo of the ylang + honey? Ths blend had a warm, round sweetness I liked at first, but it also kept meandering in & out of musty/powdery/potpourri territory, with a dead ringer for magnolia blossoms smell coming through which I don't care for :( again I believe this is a point-of-the-cycle thing, partly, as other things are acting a little weird on me...at any rate I added some PS Violet Smoke and that combo works great.

It must be the honey there was something that I could not place that was weird on me too. I love the warm skin feel that reminded me of Luna's PE coffee and a cigarette, but there was a sharp pierce in the middle of my forehead, when I smelled something else which happens when there is too much honey or violet. I am also cyclin too though so things smell off.

This was a no-brainer bottle for me since I love every note on the list, and apparently I didn't steer myself wrong. I think the ylang and honey are the forefront here throughout; there isn't a major difference from wet to dry except the two fruits and amber warm up and support them more in the drydown. It's a sheer veil close to the skin that begs noses to come closer and try to figure out, "what's that smell?" I also have to say that even without the stereotypical "soothing" notes, it's also quite calming.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking forward to liking this one since I’m really into Ylang Ylang. Sadly, it didn’t work for me.

I get an initial honey blast, but it mellows nicely. I also get my beloved Ylang Ylang but it’s too sheer. I get no fruity notes. It has excellent longevity and a nice throw.

I love this one too which surprises me. Tangy Ylang didn't work out too well on me so I thought I didn't like Ylang Ylang. Also, honey normally gets all crazy on me but I love it in this. It is obviously a different sort of honey, like a bright spring honey or perhaps the apricot brightens it up.

It is very soft, I had to pour tons of it on but I got whiffs of it all day.

Normally I switch up scents by now but I just put more of this on when I got home, I'd go through a bottle of this fast I think!

• 3 weeks later...

This is tangy, bright honey on me and it's really delicious. I'm excited that so far I'm not getting amber from it, and I love how it is both bright but sultry and sexy and dark. I agree that it's a great skin scent, I want to slather it all over my arms and neck and just pretend I naturally smell that way. Maybe I will.

ETA: Anyone else think this would go great in a body lotion?

Edited by Synergist

After slathering myself in this last night, I still have traces of this on me this morning nearly 12 hours later - this lingering tangy deliciousness. I am really impressed with this! I hate to say it but I may just need to get a full bottle of it...

Wet this almost smells like some kind of exotic tea to me, but then I read the ingredients again and it all started making sense. It has now settled to a lushious apricot, ylang sweetness. I find the apricot is strongest on me, but it is a scrumptious fruit smell.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This a very creamy, sweet, powdery scent. Not my kind of thing, but still very pretty, in its own way.. I think I'm getting mostly honey, apricot and amber...

I agree that this is creamy, sweet, and powdery! It's my thing though :) I'm a fan of the gauzy dusky feeling of these kinds of scents. Then turns into exactly that on me. MMM maybe honey works on me after all.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this scent so much in the bottle, but on my skin it turned slightly waxy and candle-y, if that makes sense. I've been going back and forth with it, but my boyfriend has noticed too that it's very vanilla-candle on me. I wonder if it's the honey, or if it's just the way my chemestry reads it... Shame, because I really like this one.

I love this scent so much in the bottle, but on my skin it turned slightly waxy and candle-y, if that makes sense. I've been going back and forth with it, but my boyfriend has noticed too that it's very vanilla-candle on me. I wonder if it's the honey, or if it's just the way my chemestry reads it... Shame, because I really like this one.

I personally feel that smelling "like a candle" is not necessarily a bad thing! :lol: Unless it's in a bad way of course... but some candles smell delicious! But if you don't like it, then that's all that matters really.

Loving this today. Everything is smelling different recently. I couldn't smell this so much last time I tested, but it's a sweet honeyed fruity ylang. In my head it looks like the hills in Cyprus, it's blue sky and sunshine, but not beachy, warm apricots and honey in the sun, not one colour but two, dusky orange and deep blue.

Ylang can do...IAMYLANGANDIAMTHEONLYTHINGYOU@REGONAASMELLINTHISSCENT MUAHAHAHAHAH

But

Not in this, it blends nicely. I'm gonna FB this and soon! The honey is very nice too, not skanky, but sweet and demure. At least on the outside...

• 10 months later...

BUMP!

Snagged this in the sale unsniffed. In the bottle, floral and sweet. On first application I had a moment where I thought - lemon? lemon pledge? Sorry, initial weirdness indeed! I'm sure my brain was searching for something to put a finger on the sweet/floral combo. How it registered citrus I may never know - maybe the fig? Apricot? With the ylang? That didn't last though, not even 10 minutes, and it settled to a sweet pretty ylang ylang.

Ylang ylang is a pretty forward floral for me. The sweetness of the apricot and fig and later the gooeyness of the honey and amber was SOOOO gorgeous! VERY pretty! It's not super projecting (I have it in oil) but every time I get a whiff it's just fantastically feminine and light and I LOVE the sugariness of it. At least that's what my chemistry is doing with it.

Very happy with this - WIN! :)

There's still one bottle and a bunch of samples left ^_~ Just saying.... :D

I applied a bit more on last night at 8pm. It's 11am and I STILL have the faint smell of sweetened ylang ylang. That's just crazy! But in a good way :thumb_up11:

Edited by NuTrix

• 1 year later...

I tested this one out yesterday. And then I spent the day trying to figure out what to say about it.

In bottle: when I first received it (in a trade) I couldn't smell it at all. But now I can and it's nice! Very pretty and soft and feminine. On, it just sort of becomes a part of me, it seems. I like it. I don't know that it stands out for me, so I don't know if I'd ever go looking for a full bottle. But it is another one that I'll have to try again in the future.

• 11 months later...

This is sexy, sexy, sexy; probably my favorite honey-centric LP. On me it's actually a bit more smutty than I am usually comfortable with but the ylang and fig round it out to make it just ladylike enough. It has a silky molten gold type feel to it, if that makes any sense. I don't wear it a lot but I love it.

• 1 year later...

Pulled this forgotten beauty out of the back of my older LP box today. It has a wonky roller plus it's a lighter fragrance in general so I kept applying more and more to the point that I was worried I'd be a stink bomb. But it is actually super light, but oh soooooo lovely. I have not worn this in a few years easily. Despite being over 5 years old and having honey it has remained a light airy almost fragile perfume. The fig and honey keep it delicious and a little sticky but the apricot and ylang keep it firmly in the elegant and delicate zone. It's just so damn pretty and a little twinkly. LOVE!

• 1 year later...

I just tried this again--slathered myself in it in order to use up the trial vial--and...I can't really smell anything. I guess it's too old. :/ 

But I did use up the vial and gain a coveted spot in my bullet box, so there's that.

ETA: I can smell it a little better now (about an hour or so later). It's still very soft.

Edited by Lainey