Spark in the Dark

luna65

AD-SparkDark-LovePotion_.jpg

Spark in the Dark

A warm sultry night containing flashes of lascivious light... Sexy and mysterious resins - Tunisian patchouli and lush exotic amber - crafted to be lighter in tone for the warmer months, shot through with airy musk and a sprinkle of sparkling white sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wish come true...this is exactly what I wanted The Sinner and The Saint to be; it is definitely a pale-toned ethereal resin blend; the little touches of lotus and cedar in the musk are fresh without being overwhelming, and support the character of the amber and patchouli. You get the depth of those notes without the weight, if that makes sense. And the slight sweetness helps temper the blend with that same sort of float-y feel. This is definitely a resin blend one can wear day or night in any kind of weather, but especially in spring/summer.

My order is in! SQUEEEEEEE! Nomnomnom!

I have Spark in the Dark on my left arm, and Luv Truffle on my right arm, and Topper on top of my original MRF3 in my cleavage.

I smell YUMMY!!!!!

Spark in the Dark is a wonderful fragrance, not foody, light and soft and airy, almost with a floral quality but not quite. I can't identify any particular component of the scent, it just all blends together wonderfully.

Twelve hours later it is still a delicious light airy scent on my arm. The throw has gone, but the essence is still there.

Could not afford more scents this go due to the out of pocket expense when toofies exceeded dental insurance, but I ADORE what I got!

SWOON. This is fucking fantastic (sorry, been swearing a lot lately, will try to rein it in) Whatever kind of musk this is, is my fav. This is soooo sexy, in a fuzzy-warm-snuggly-nuzzly way. On/to me the vibe is like Velvet Moss or Sensual Harmony, but deeply, intensely feminine in a timeless / classical way. It's so smooth that it's hard to nail down any notes....I get floral, powdery, but not in the fussy Victorian way that those words, especially together, may seem to imply. It makes me want to wrap myself naked in chinchilla and strike an inviting loungey Marilyn-esque pose.

ETA forgot to mention this has the most intense phero-like effects on others I've seen in a nonphero (other than Goddess Oil) -- Cougar-ish effect on men, alpha-nol-ish effect on women.

Edited by tyvey

This is one my PMS chemistry managed NOT to screw up, so I can safely review it now. However much of an oxymoron a "diaphanous dark" scent sounds like, this is it. No one note jumps out at me as dominant, but its sensual like the bottled version of a sheer black veil. The musk strikes a balance between warm and cool like one of those early-evening summer breezes. I think this is turning into a bottle sooner or later.

Ooh I love this one too! At first there is a tinge masculinity in it- but not in a bad way, like in a Katherine Hepburn sort of way. Classic Sexy without all the fuss- as it dries down it still retains that classic siren scent feel that as Tvvey noted is reminiscent of Sensual Harmony but with more powder. Like a nice vintage type of powder. The kind that you would see on dressing room tables in a black and white film. Where Sensual Harmony is VA VA VOOM this one is VA VA That's right, make it rain for me.

The woman that wears this doesn't need diamonds, she needs and will get the whole bank, and the cottage in Martha's Vineyard.

Sexy, Smart, Classic and Elegant- but nonetheless a dangerous weapon.

This is what female spies wore during WW2 to obtain top secret information. You really do feel like a bad ass sexy spy wearing this.

Full bottle worthy! OMG dying to pair this with La Femme!

Edited by LadyVictoria

This one is mY fav of the whole set

Announcement: 9 hours after application, it is way lotus - glassy, clear, almost fruity lotus - on a white, sparkling pillow of that musk I love.

I also forgot to mention previously that despite its fuzziness, it's surprisingly "big" for an LP, big throw & presence.

Just really spectacular, start to finish.

That's...fascinating.

I didn't find it dark, and I didn't find it powdery, and I didn't find it had a large throw. In fact yesterday when I had it on one arm and Luv Truffle on the other, the Luv Truffle massively overpowered it. And while it did stay around, it was the barest hint of fragrance. I wore it and only it today, refreshed it partway through the day, and still only have a very light whiff if I stick my nose in my shirt.

I do love it for a light summer scent, though. It's very elegant.

Trying this one today.....very unusual......very nice though......my skin is amping something that is very perfumey in the beginning.....guess I will see how it ages on me......

OK, so almost 30 minutes in.......this has turned soft and powdery and very pretty, but with a distinct depth of character.....

Almost 5 hrs after application, I can barely smell this. It has faded away to a mild powdery-amber scent. In another hour or so, I estimate that the scent will be completely gone.

Edited by Dolly

on me, this is very similar to how AC and Dolly describe it - light, soft, powdery. I applied about an hour ago, and I can barely smell it now. When it was wet on my skin, I got a light resiny musk, but it was very... sheer, almost. I like it, but I don't know that I would get a big bottle. I'm happy with my sample.

Wow, this is not soft on me!! Right out of the vial on my skin, this turned deep and masculine. I almost started to wash it off. I'm glad i didn't though. It lightened up and the lotus started to come out. Very warm and sexy, but not too sexy to wear to work. The cedar is to die for! I can't take my nose away from my wrist!!!!!

I love this one so glad I got a full bottle. This is dead sexy without trying to hard. Kinda like when you wake up with sexy bed hair and it's all dirty and texturized into amazing waves... like that. This almost feels like a natural sexy to me.

OMG this potion is lovely, it has a sensuous creamy woodiness that reminds me a bit of the cedar+patch combo in Portmanteau.

I love Portmanteau and Sensual Harmony, and I think Spark in the Dark is not extremely feminine as SH and not as masculine as Portmanteau, I would say it is more neutral on the Unisex side of scents. Not as boy-ish, not as girl-ish, just perfectly neutral...

On the opening I get sugary cedar with light sheer amber and non-dirty patchouli that grounds the base, allowing the musk to emerge and join the cedar adding depth and sensuality. When I wear this I feel warm, cozy, elegant and super sexy! On Dry down I get something earthy and creamy, it must be the cedar evolving and mingling with musk. I didn’t get any lotus flower.

To my nose, this is all creamy and musky wood! IMO it has lots of Unisex potential and it would be perfect for tempering overly sweet fragrances. It lasts for ages on my skin and it wears close to the skin. It is extremely FULL BOTTLE worthy!!

Trying this again tonight, and this time it's more like BlueBear's review above. More unisex, definitely more of a presence, not as soft and powdery as last time. Really like it!

I would say it is more neutral on the Unisex side of scents. Not as boy-ish, not as girl-ish, just perfectly neutral...

The neutrality of it is what reminds me of The Sinner and The Saint.

The neutrality of it is what reminds me of The Sinner and The Saint.

Then I must try The Sinner and The Saint, dear Luna, thanks for bringing that one up, to be honest I have paid little attention to this potion, but I will definitely get a sample :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get patchouli, musk and cedar. A perfect 'night scent', best for evening wear. It's longlasting and melts into a powdery veil. The scent reminds me of yet another perfume, other than The Sinner and the Saint, but I can't recall which one it was.

I just refreshed with this and OH BOY this is TOO DIE FOR SEXY!

For those that didn't secure a bottle of Sensual Harmony- you MUST grab one of these.

There's something kind of mysteriously sexy about this potion. Kinda like " Come kiss me if you dare! "

Then I must try The Sinner and The Saint, dear Luna, thanks for bringing that one up, to be honest I have paid little attention to this potion, but I will definitely get a sample :)

Yes! You do need to try it,, Gaby! I loved it, and only the fact that it didn't have staying power on me kept it out of my faves!

I get patchouli, musk and cedar. A perfect 'night scent', best for evening wear. It's longlasting and melts into a powdery veil. The scent reminds me of yet another perfume, other than The Sinner and the Saint, but I can't recall which one it was.

Does it remind you of Irresistable Forces? At first sniff it reminded me of that but I don't think they have any common notes.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is going to be a full bottle for me. I always find myself opening the sample vial to dab a bit on my hand, because it's so sexy. It makes me think of hot summer nights, drinks on the patio at midnight, hanging out in the back yard after dark. It's soft and sticks very close to my skin.

Something tells me that my mom would love this scent, too. I'll have to get her to try it out.

But later. Because at the moment, I'm too busy sniffing. :)

this is totally a sleeper hit for me, The first time I tried it, I was kind of, meh. But I've dabbed some on here and there since then, and WOW. I agree with Lady V, it kind of reminds me of Sensual Harmony - they don't really smell alike, but they both have that soft, sexy feel about them. Like warm silk... I think this is going on my bottle list!

Based on all these lovely reviews, I decided to dig this one out and give it another go before trading it away. Sadly, nope, I still don't like it. As soon as I catch a whiff of the amber it just ruins it for me - something about it goes quite sickening on my skin.

• 1 month later...

I let my friend try this, the one I gave Night of Delight to. It smelled really good on him too! Slightly less sweet than on me, he preferred NoD but he wasn't totally anti-this. We're platonic friends, but it makes me want to snuggle closer! I get a frankincense kind of vibe from this somehow.

• 5 months later...

This one did not catch my attention first time around. Tried it again this morning and was blown away by its depth. There's just something about this one that makes you want to continuously revisit it. Driving one-handed will be a challenge today.

Edited by Just Ducky

• 2 months later...

I just scored a bottle of this and I'm really enjoying using this with my BI... I put my BI spray on first then I put this baby on.... I love how its dark at first then after awhile it lightens up and becomes very sophisticated and classic on me, I love it. :Emoticons0424:

• 1 month later...

I got this as a freebie sample in my last package... thanks Mara!

It smells like I'm out in the woods camping in the summertime and there are marshmallows roasting over the fire. I get no marshmallow but the smoky sweetness that drifts off of the fire. It is definitely a scent I would wear at a summer bonfire or out on the town in a sundress on a summer night. As it dried down, it is just a slightly smoky, sweet earthiness.. I love this scent and may end up purchasing a full bottle!

I got this as a sniffie. Well, what to say about Spark in the Dark?

It's very pretty and light. Normally I don't like resiny/musky scents so much because I find them really heavy and "perfumey". Spark in the Dark is quite nicely musky and resin-y but not heavy at all. In fact I had to apply more than I normally do to be able to smell this on me. It's very nice.

I wanted to do a follow up review on this one. This is a scent that those folks that are just starting out in the resin family can use. I love how its dark but not to the point of allowing the light of the amber in. This is so soft and light that at first you do not think it will last on you but this baby packs a punch and stays on you all day long.

I really love how this is a resinious scent that can be worn for a night on the town. It has that air of elegance that really makes this so unique. This one goes so well with all of the Phero's as well.

I think everyone should grab a bottle of this to have around as a staple

• 2 weeks later...

I received this as a little sample, had no idea what it's components were.So I tried a few dabs then a few more. Really liked it. it is light but deep. I loved the powdery tightly blended scent that reminded me of warm nights and maybe this is just me but babies. Yes,thats right, reminded me of that sweet baby scent ( all the good aspects of it).

This scent taught me to occasionally try scents blind so we don't hinge our baggage or expectations on individual ingredients.

and maybe this is just me but babies. Yes,thats right, reminded me of that sweet baby scent ( all the good aspects of it).

Powdery scents usually do remind people of that sort of thing; NEW was, in fact, meant to provide just that evocation.