Honeyed Seductions

Dolly

I got my package today, and all I can say is OMG...... :thumb_up11:

I am currently floating in a cloud of Honeyed Seductions......it is so incredibly SEXY.....it smells a bit lighter than Dark Seductions, with a TON of honey richness, but all of the dark florals and a hint of vanilla......it makes me want to lick my arm.....I need a big vat of this, I think..... :rainman:

I got my package today, and all I can say is OMG...... :thumb_up11:

I am currently floating in a cloud of Honeyed Seductions......it is so incredibly SEXY.....it smells a bit lighter than Dark Seductions, with a TON of honey richness, but all of the dark florals and a hint of vanilla......it makes me want to lick my arm.....I need a big vat of this, I think..... :rainman:

sounds nice - so what is your favorite out of the three? DS, HS and SH? do they all smell very similar?

Edited by Neve

sounds nice - so what is your favorite out of the three? DS, HS and SH? do they all smell very similar?

Well, if you layer Sugared Honeycomb and Dark Seductions, you come CLOSE to Honeyed Seductions, but not exactly. Dark Seductions is my favorite for everyday, but Honeyed Seductions will be the absolute BOMB for those times when I want the DS notes, but varied a bit.....

I got my package today, and all I can say is OMG...... :rainman:

I am currently floating in a cloud of Honeyed Seductions......it is so incredibly SEXY.....it smells a bit lighter than Dark Seductions, with a TON of honey richness, but all of the dark florals and a hint of vanilla......it makes me want to lick my arm.....I need a big vat of this, I think..... :A002:

Interestingly, I get a bit of an "off" smell at application, almost bitter, then (only a matter of 20-30 seconds... so, an extremely brief 'scary' not-quite-a-moment) the notes blend and behave perfectly, giving me the dark florals uppermost and the honey undercurrent. Very nice!

As I've said, I'm not big on florals per se, but I do like gourmand florals (Possets' Silver series and Arcana's Rapunzel, for example) and I think violets are especially suited to blending with gourmand elements. This is so yummy-sweet in the vial and during the wet stage it's got a classic honey feel to it, like opening a bear-shaped bottle kinda thing. And it's got good throw, I keep getting a waft of myself every so often. My only issue is that the violet goes rather powdery on me during drydown, crowding out the other notes. That's a problem I have with florals in general, alas.

However, one of my cute co-workers gave his seal of approval, quote: "Now that's the stuff!"

So there you go, Dolly, you know what boys like!

:)

I is a smellie artizt.

:rolleyes:

Yessssss, you is! For sure!!!

Yessssss, you is! For sure!!!

oh come now Dolly, I thought you were a fellow "Dixie Pixie" so to speak! It's Fo Sho! Like as in... that Shea butter you told me about is freaking awesome... FO SHO! So thank ya hun! You're a sweet heart!

:)

Cookies,

Pixie

• 3 months later...

I am baffled by this. I tried it before Dark Seductions so I cannot compare the two. At first this scent is very Violet, Sweet Crem-e and Vanilla-y (I think I am inventing words here) with a hint of honey. It turns almost soap like for a hot second and then turns into a goey, thick honey goodness. somewhere in the distance there is a very expensive smelling flower scent.

The honey scent reminds of the Girls line of Posetts. I love honey and those honey scents turned VERY odd on me. The honey just amplified and turned into a superpowered almost foul smelling honeyed mess. It made me want to vomit, literally.

This is very close but doesn't morph into the like.

I love this and am waiting to see the reaction of my fiance. He loves Sugrared Honeycomb and since I have worn that, he doesn't really care for anything else. LOL.

oh come now Dolly, I thought you were a fellow "Dixie Pixie" so to speak! It's Fo Sho! Like as in... that Shea butter you told me about is freaking awesome... FO SHO! So thank ya hun! You're a sweet heart!

:D

Cookies,

Pixie

I missed this post.....you're very welcome, Pixie.....glad the shea is working.....FO SHO!!

I am glad that I did not make you vomit.

I try not to do that in fragrance and potion creations! LOL

I am *so* glad that this worked for you!

SG

LOL. My body chemistry can be odd and warp certain scents. This was very lovely. It's interesting to me how some perfumes can turn ~evil~ and others that contain very similar components can be so ~heavenly~

Yeah I was gonna say...I have the entire Girls Love series from Possets and don't have an issue with them at all, but everyone's different. I've never met a honey perfume I didn't like or that didn't like me, luckily.

• 5 weeks later...
The honey notes are what I noticed first and then some more subtle notes. I love honey scents, like milk and honey. But this beautiful scent did not work for me. Soon after I put it on, I began to have a headache. I am glad that others have had better experiences with it.

Oh, I find it totally scrumptious.....that is why I have two bottles of it......yes, I am a hoarder!

i have a sample of this, and I really need mroe1 I love honey, but at first I didn't think this worked for me and almost put it up for swap (well I did put it up but took it down). Then I tried it again and at first I don't notice the honey that much adn it smells a little soapy, but then afyter it dries down it smells lovely and very honey without the sugary cloying note in sugared honeycomb. I love it!

i have a sample of this, and I really need mroe1 I love honey, but at first I didn't think this worked for me and almost put it up for swap (well I did put it up but took it down). Then I tried it again and at first I don't notice the honey that much adn it smells a little soapy, but then afyter it dries down it smells lovely and very honey without the sugary cloying note in sugared honeycomb. I love it!

I loved it when I first tried it, but I actually think I like it more now.....it seems that this is one of those scents that has mellowed and smoothed out a little bit with aging.....I would encourage anyone who didn't care for it at first to try it again.....

I totally agree with you Dolly. I ordered a tester in one order and then before the oreder came I ordered me a bottle of HS. However when my tester came I didnt like it at all, it just didnt work for me. I actually ended up canceling the bottle. Well just the other day I pulled this one out again and OMG it is just lovely now. It has softened and there is a silky yum to it that wasnt there before. I am enjoying this scent now and am glad that I let it sit.

I imagine it's just a wee exaggeration. :020105~21:

I've learned my lesson about that, though...since we get the scents so fresh sometimes they really do need to age before they can be fully appreciated. And I need to try this again to see if the violet still goes powdery on me in the drydown.

Edited by luna65

I am not kidding! I have a HUGE crystal ice bucket full, which overflowed to a crystal vase, which overflowed to a crystal gravy boat, then i ran out of crystal, some are in a soap dish,and i have a bag of duplicates in my pocketbook just in case I need a fix away from home!!! They are pretty in the crystal, but just one piece, my house is being overrun and I am scared to part with them. I'm gonna be like the old lady with the cats, but instead of being surrounded by old newspapers and boxes, it'll be LPP trial vials in every kind of container imaginable. I'll be embalmed from all the yummies! Save my family the trouble!

ok, but you've got to promise not to tell.....It's actually ALOT worse than it looks! 77 full bottles, didn't count samples!!!!

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/c...st1963/lpp2.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/c...nst1963/lpp.jpg

sheesh, Ive got a problem!!

I don't know how to make the pics any bigger! Sorry!

Edited by therapygirl

Ooh me jealous!

(Too make photos bigger you need to take them bigger on your camera (which is a setting) or save them in a normal format on comp. Looks like this is saved in avatar size, even smaller then email size)

Make that 4,890,902 !! I just sent you 5 samples, hee-hee !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! Potpourri violets? That's terrible!

This is one of my alltime favorites. And I am NOT a violet girl, but something about the violet tempered with musky amber and honey - and I have SS pheros in mine which sharpen the edges a bit. When I want compliments and to feel super sexy all day, this is the one I reach for. And it is the scent which consistently gets compliments EVERY time.

Wow! Potpourri violets? That's terrible!

This is one of my alltime favorites. And I am NOT a violet girl, but something about the violet tempered with musky amber and honey - and I have SS pheros in mine which sharpen the edges a bit. When I want compliments and to feel super sexy all day, this is the one I reach for. And it is the scent which consistently gets compliments EVERY time.

I love this one too! And, I have 2 bottles of it.....hehe.....

I just tried honeyed seductions this evening. The interesting thing is that when I first got my order and was smelling each vial, this one and several others did not appeal to me at all (I haven't worn the other "unappealing" ones yet --the only scent that instantly appealed was Cougar Potion.) Anyway, the honeyed seduction mellows and changes on me. It smelled cloyingly heavy with a harsh edge to it in the vial, but after drying down on me it smells light, sweet, and slightly powdery. Very subtle and nice, like sweet skin. I like it!

I put this on with Intellectual Woman phero blend, but alas, the husband has a head cold and can't smell anything (much less be interested in any hanky panky) so it is all wasted tonight, except for my own enjoyment.

xev

• 2 weeks later...

Okay i tried this one today with another scent i have called butterfly nectar - love it, love it :001_302:

It is powdery soft, sweet but not too sweet with great lasting power - didn't have to refresh until it was time to leave, i have to check what i ordered during the sale b/c i better had gotten a full bottle of this - goes into the top 5.

OK knj - honestly I am not stalking you, :D but I am evidently your evil scent twin...

Honeyed Seductions - another of my faves. Luckily, I have a bottle or we might get into a tug of war over some of these.