Cotton Candy Sugar Scrub

* A hot-spun cotton candy scent, fragranced with pink sugar, warm caramel, and strawberry fragrance oils.

* Crafted with white table sugar, and a touch of bakery coloring.

* Base of foaming butter and moisturizing oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, sunflower).

* Intended use: Nose to toes, provided that face is not sensitive to fragrance oils.

* Scrubbyness scale: 3 (1=finest, 5=coarse)

* External use only, non-edible.

*Ingredients: Sugar, apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, foaming bath butter (water, glycerin, sodium cocoyl isethionate, sorbitol, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium EDTA), fragrance, food coloring.

This exfoliating scrub has the right amount of coarseness and scrubbyness without being harsh on the skin. After I used it on my legs and tummy, I felt my skin was softer and smoother. IMO this scrubby would be perfect to exfoliate thoroughly before applying a self-tanner. I didn't like it on my face that much because I felt the fragrance in it is very perfumey and I could taste it even when I was trying to avoid this. Maybe I'm just spoiled with how Mara's moisturizing scrubs like DC and CC feel so incredibly buttery on my face, but IMO this scrub is best suited for the body. It is gentle enough for my face, but too perfumey. I recommend using mostly for body exfoliating and your skin will be baby soft.

Scent wise, it smells pink and a bit like strawberry, but not quite like cotton candy.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Gaby that this is QUITE scrubby. My face didn't mind it - I hadn't exfoliated in like 2 weeks - but for face I really love the oilier ones. The smell is spectacular, very true to description, and the caramel was surprisingly most prominent on me. Btw friends it's so purty in the tub:) you can see all the natural goodness...

• 3 years later...

I just told Mara this needs to be marketed as the latest food group/'cleanse' diet food. You have no idea. So good you can eat it. You're scrubbing and burning calories. Plus, you smell and feel great after you're finished. Fantastic stuff!

• 5 years later...

I just found a tub of Tropical Delight sugar scrub somewhere it wasn’t supposed to be. I didn’t see a separate thread for it, so just continuing the most recent sugar scrub review for tidiness. I used it gently on my face, mainly hoping that some of it might accidentally get in my mouth, which it did, and it was so delicious that I’ll be sitting down with the whole tub after dinner and having it a la mode, with some vanilla ice cream, using my adorable tiny spoon. HAHA JUST KIDDING! but I want to. 

I used it all over and I am so soft and dewy. LOVE