Unreasonable Pumpkin

LadyVictoria

AD-UnreasonablePumpkin-LovePotion.jpg

Unreasonable Pumpkin

Inspired by the constant demands of our beloved customers for a "bakery-style pink pumpkin" scent; and no matter the season, the craving for such a fragrance knows no reason! Three kinds of pumpkin pie accord and pink sugar are blended with a scrumptious pound cake-type vanilla and a tiny drop of orange oil, then sprinkled with berry sugar for that extra wink of pink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
PINK SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BERRY SUGARS ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life, Healing, money attraction, protection, a food of the Fae.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imagine the most delicious pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.. okay now imagine that on your arm!!!
Wet this is a very creamy juicy thick pumpkin gourmand. As it dries down the sugars come out a bit to play.
I do detect a bit of the orange and a teensy bit of allspice, in me it's mostly pumpkin and orange together like pudding and it's very delicious!! Every now and again I'll get a hint of a sugar, but I have been battling a cold, and the notes I can detect are pumpkin and orange and it smells muy delicioso! Settling into my skin it gets a kick of spice not too much though. It will be interesting and delicious to see how this morphs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PINK SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

BERRY SUGARS ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life, Healing, money attraction, protection, a food of the Fae.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

I had to go back and look at the ingredients. I got an apple smell with this really strong. Only there isn't any apple. Maybe the berry or orange? I have to try this more than a couple dots. For now it's very similar to All Hallow's Eve on me

Darn,I have too much LP Red on still,to get this as it should be,but it smells very tasty like a cross between All Hallow's Eve and Dracula's Bakery maybe :lol:

...a Calii scent :D

this smells like pumpkin pie. I asked a friend what he thought and he said I smell like thanksgiving. Lol. I get lots of pumpkin and a bit of pink sugary goodness. It's a very yummy scent:)

I can't figure this one out. I don't get any spice at all and no bakery scent. I get that apply smell like in All hallow's Eve. Would that be the berry or the orange? I don't know if I detect pumpkin or not. It doesn't smell like pumpkin but maybe in perfume pumpkin notes smell sweet and not spicy? I wore this for 2 days and all that amps on me is the "apple"

It doesn't smell like pumpkin but maybe in perfume pumpkin notes smell sweet and not spicy?

It depends. A pumpkin flesh accord would be sweet but a pumpkin pie accord is spicy. It tends to be a matter of what your brain identifies as the thing itself.

Unreasonable Pumpkin ,oh boy now the cinnamon is amping strongly on me today,I love it :) ... swear it is almost like JoAnna's Xmas Candy :w00t: ...Unbelievable!! :huh:

No WONDER people have been begging for a scent like this. It's fabulous!! On me, it's all pink berries sprinkled with cinnamon with a creamy pumpkin underneath, smooth and subtle. The orange adds a brightness that Sparkle Fuschia didn't have on me. But interestingly enough, it doesn't smell foody. It lasts forever and ever. I'm in love!! :wub:

Edited by BlueBear

No WONDER people have been begging for a scent like this. It's fabulous!! On me, it's all pink berries sprinkled with cinnamon with a creamy pumpkin underneath, smooth and subtle. The orange adds a brightness that Sparkle Fuschia didn't have on me. But interestingly enough, it doesn't smell foody. It lasts forever and ever. I'm in love!! :wub:

Im jealous, I get no pink berries

testing scents for beddy bye, the 1st time I tried this all I got was berry sugar, but tonight it's PUMPKIN & SPICE, WOOHOO !!

I better get a bottle before its GGG, me likey !

Have you ever tried Cinnamon Tea with Milk?

Unreasonable Pumpkin smells EXACTLY like this tea, mildly spicy with a dash of milk...The orange is very noticeable in the opening, but it mellows to a sweet and lightly spicy cinnamon with subtle hints of orange here and there, and there is something milky underneath it all, I guess the vanilla in this one takes a milky spin, which I love! I got no berries and no pinkiness from the sugars.

At first sniff I thought it was very similar to Sparkle Fuchsia, later on not so so much...To my nose, they are very different but both of them are very likeable pumpkin scents, perhaps the only ones I can pull off...UP is more soothing to my nose and it is a bit spicier than SF, which is brighter and flirtier IMO, nothing compares to the Pinky Pumpkin with a hint of lemon in SF...

To be honest I like Sparkle Fuchsia way better than Unreasonable Pumpkin and I'm glad I got the last bottle before it went GGG. But I may get a FB of this in the future 'cause like I said Pumpkin scents are hard for me to pull off and this one seems to work with my skin chemistry...

This is definitely a cousin to Pink Pumpkin Witch. Where that one has more of a frosting note, this is like freshly baked pumpkin cookies rolled in pink sugar. At first I get a predominantly pumpkin-cookie scent, then the pink berry sugar comes through, fighting for dominance a minute or two before it settles down on top of the pumpkin cookies and makes for something uberdelicious. This was a no-brainer for me as I am a pumpkin prostitute.

This was a no-brainer for me as I am a pumpkin prostitute.

:10_small: ... sista to us cop whores :001_302: trying this again today,ahmazing with OCCO Red...on me...heck if I am gonna amp the cinnamon anyway might as well do it right,oooo smokey pumpkin spice :P

At first sniff I thought it was very similar to Sparkle Fuchsia, later on not so so much...To my nose, they are very different but both of them are very likeable pumpkin scents, perhaps the only ones I can pull off...UP is more soothing to my nose and it is a bit spicier than SF, which is brighter and flirtier IMO, nothing compares to the Pinky Pumpkin with a hint of lemon in SF...

To be honest I like Sparkle Fuchsia way better than Unreasonable Pumpkin and I'm glad I got the last bottle before it went GGG. But I may get a FB of this in the future 'cause like I said Pumpkin scents are hard for me to pull off and this one seems to work with my skin chemistry...

Can I speak my mind and say that I am glad that this is nothing compared to SF? I have never smelled a pumpkin scent till SF and I was hooked and I hoarded. I had a panic attack when I read that there will be a close replacement as I really don't want to hoard. My heart is willing but my fingers are weak ..... Please accept my sincere apologies for my selfish thoughts.

I tested Unreasonable Pumpkin today and I think this is going to be a winner for me! Granted, I tore into it straight from the post office, so he was still tired from travel, but I don't get pink sugars. What I DO get is pumpkin pie! Smells VERY much like my pumpkin pie, which absolutely kicks ass (the pie *and* the perfume). I enjoyed the Unreasonable Pumpkin in the midst of a bunch of other scents, so I'll be coming back to report further when I have him alooooone!!! :666: I do think he'll be very nice with cops, too! :heart:

Oh and I too wouldn't compare him to Sparkle Fuchsia. They're definitely two different approaches on my skin, and I love them each for their own style. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...or whatever it was that Bogie said... B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Have you ever tried Cinnamon Tea with Milk?

Unreasonable Pumpkin smells EXACTLY like this tea, mildly spicy with a dash of milk...The orange is very noticeable in the opening, but it mellows to a sweet and lightly spicy cinnamon with subtle hints of orange here and there, and there is something milky underneath it all, I guess the vanilla in this one takes a milky spin, which I love! I got no berries and no pinkiness from the sugars.

Way to rub it in Gabby (LOL) Sigh, I too was hoping for a more bakery, cookie like scent with this one. IDK, I tried it again today and the fruit didn't amp as much but it was still pretty loud.

Ooh... this is amazing! I was expecting a warm pumpkin smell, like pumpkin soup, but it is so fresh and pink and sweet! It really reminds me that pumpkin is a fruit, it just has that "fruity" quality about it. I never thought pumpkin could smell so good, and I would never have thought to combine pumpkin with oranges, but it works a treat!! Think this will be one of my favourites for this month.

Can I speak my mind and say that I am glad that this is nothing compared to SF? I have never smelled a pumpkin scent till SF and I was hooked and I hoarded. I had a panic attack when I read that there will be a close replacement as I really don't want to hoard. My heart is willing but my fingers are weak ..... Please accept my sincere apologies for my selfish thoughts.

LoL! I totally understand JOC, and I agree with you that Sparkle Fuchsia is one of those LPs that deserve to be hoarded...When I ordered I got 1 bottle and it turned out it was the last one, so I was about to miss it...I wonder how many bottles of SF you've hoarded, honey? I'm jealous, hehe...I don't wear it very often because I don't want to finish it and to be honest the fact that Unreasonable Pumpkin smells so different than SF makes me feel kinda sad because I was hoping for a replacement since I only have 1 bottle of this gorgeous pink juice...

Way to rub it in Gabby (LOL) Sigh, I too was hoping for a more bakery, cookie like scent with this one. IDK, I tried it again today and the fruit didn't amp as much but it was still pretty loud.

LoL!! Did you hoard too, Raq? I'm glad a got a bottle, but it is my most treasured LP bottle...After trying many pumpkin scents and giving up, SF kicked some major pumpkin ass on my skin, and I came in too late to hoard... :(

Unreasonable Pumpkin is very pretty, like I said I might get a bottle later on, but it doesn't ''sparkle'' like SF with all that pink glamour....

Edited by Gabylicious

LoL! I totally understand JOC, and I agree with you that Sparkle Fuchsia is one of those LPs that deserve to be hoarded...When I ordered I got 1 bottle and it turned out it was the last one, so I was about to miss it...I wonder how many bottles of SF you've hoarded, honey? I'm jealous, hehe...I don't wear it very often because I don't want to finish it and to be honest the fact that Unreasonable Pumpkin smells so different than SF makes me feel kinda sad because I was hoping for a replacement since I only have 1 bottle of this gorgeous pink juice...

LoL!! Did you hoard too, Raq? I'm glad a got a bottle, but it is my most treasured LP bottle...After trying many pumpkin scents and giving up, SF kicked some major pumpkin ass on my skin, and I came in too late to hoard... :(

Unreasonable Pumpkin is very pretty, like I said I might get a bottle later on, but it doesn't ''sparkle'' like SF with all that pink glamour....

NO I missed the GGG alert for SF which is so sad b/c it is in my top 3 LP faves of all time. I have a smudge of SF left that I keep to huff when I feel homesick for it. If I ever did a PE I'd get as close to SF as I could

LoL! I totally understand JOC, and I agree with you that Sparkle Fuchsia is one of those LPs that deserve to be hoarded...When I ordered I got 1 bottle and it turned out it was the last one, so I was about to miss it...I wonder how many bottles of SF you've hoarded, honey?

Very modestly ..... I bought 2 bottles in oil form (1 sold recently to ASIG and 1 was lost) and 5 bottles in spray.

:blushing: Honestly SF did not make it to the top of my hoarding list. I don't use it too often as well. I have not even finished using my sample spray!!!

If I ever did a PE I'd get as close to SF as I could

Hey Raq, what notes would you ask for? Obviously pumpkin, loads of pink sugars....but what else? The drop of lemon? Why did SF sparkle?? I'm trying to figure it out...

Very modestly ..... I bought 2 bottles in oil form (1 sold recently to ASIG and 1 was lost) and 5 bottles in spray.

:blushing: Honestly SF did not make it to the top of my hoarding list. I don't use it too often as well. I have not even finished using my sample spray!!!

Oh JOC!!! I envy your 5 SF spray bottles, hehe...I finished my sample spray so fast! I wonder what else are you hoarding and saving in a hidden vault??? LoL! :P

This one is all creamy pumpkin on me. I'm totally jealous that some of you are experiencing pinkness.

I wonder if layering this with LP Pink and Occo Pink would remind the berries to come out and play?

Great idea, Lady V! I might do just that, maybe the pink sugars will pop out....

Of course I loved this. Bonus: activates The Launch Sequence. Gets even better in drydown, all creamy and pumpkin frappuccino-y and shit. And yet it has a freshness, maybe from the pink? No brained bottle.

Hey Raq, what notes would you ask for? Obviously pumpkin, loads of pink sugars....but what else? The drop of lemon? Why did SF sparkle?? I'm trying to figure it out..

Great idea, Lady V! I might do just that, maybe the pink sugars will pop out....

I have NO idea. I'd have to call Mara and discuss. I think you're on the right track with a drop of lemon though, perhaps it was that or the strawberry that gave it it's sparkle? I know I'd use pumpkin (duh) gingerbread (wasn't that in there too?) and whatever pinks. But then that's up to three ingredients and I think we are only allowed 3 or 4. Lady V chime in and tell us what's in your sparkle pumpkin. Is that a close match to SF? Gabby, we should move this to the Potion ideas thread. I'll start a new one.

@Gaby - I'm very much a fruit and flora person so hoarded mainly these scents. I did hoard outside my comfort zone and SF was one of them. I have a purchase in bulk mentality in general.

I have NO idea. I'd have to call Mara and discuss. I think you're on the right track with a drop of lemon though, perhaps it was that or the strawberry that gave it it's sparkle? I know I'd use pumpkin (duh) gingerbread (wasn't that in there too?) and whatever pinks. But then that's up to three ingredients and I think we are only allowed 3 or 4. Lady V chime in and tell us what's in your sparkle pumpkin. Is that a close match to SF? Gabby, we should move this to the Potion ideas thread. I'll start a new one.

Mine was Pink Sugars, Pumpkin and Vanilla I think. Sparkle Plenty was more like the embryo of Sparkle Fuschia, what SF would one day eventually become. It's baby puppy kitty SF

:heart: Thankyou, Mara, for making this!!! :heart:

AD-UnreasonablePumpkin-LovePotion_.jpg

I'm the biggest one in the patch

I'm the greatest pumpkin, natch!

Some say I'm unseasonable

but I think it's quite unreasonable

to assume my appearance isn't timely

though I may not appear refined

it's quite clear I'm a heck of a gourd

prize-winning across the board! ~ Again, luna, you're brilliant. ~ :)

Okay. So, today I am testing Mr. Unreasonable all on his own, and I am his SLAVE. I can see why some of y'all are saying pumpkin cookies, because I'm getting my mom's and my pie crust in here! Still no pink or berry sugars, but I *am* getting a sugar *feel*. Mucho pumpkin--cooked--and the vanilla and spices. Also, I think the orange gives it a final teeny kick that I love. The overall scent for me is when I am DEEP into eating my mom's or my pumpkin pie, preferably from the pie plate late at night, without whipped cream, and savoring: Every. Little. Crumb. Of crust.

This is my absolute favorite pumpkin note/blend. It's in Sparkle Fuchsia and Autumnal Equinox 2011, and I get a bit of it in Sparkle Plenty. There's a warmth to it that I don't intellectually understand, but my soul savors it. Completely. It's not really sweet on me, but it's rich and delicious. It's eminently layerable and I think it's going to be a smashing cops cover. OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMMMMM!!!

:burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Finally came across one in this collection I can't wear well. :(

This is total Raison Bran on me.

At first I got the AHE apples reference Raq makes, then a quick shot of the pink sugars, and now...

I smell like I jumped out of a box with two scoops of raisons.

Waa.

Oh well...I've got enough Sparkle Fuschia to get me through life for quite awhile.

Anyone who knows me knows I love pumpkin scents. And this is pitch perfect. I can't even decribe how perfect. All I could do last night was huff my wrist and make little orgasmic sounds of joy.

That's all I got. Perfect pumpkin pleasure. If the bottle vibrated I'd never need a man again.

Anyone who knows me knows I love pumpkin scents. And this is pitch perfect. I can't even decribe how perfect. All I could do last night was huff my wrist and make little orgasmic sounds of joy.

That's all I got. Perfect pumpkin pleasure. If the bottle vibrated I'd never need a man again.

LOL Skye you made me snort out loud with that!

Finally came across one in this collection I can't wear well. :(

This is total Raison Bran on me.

At first I got the AHE apples reference Raq makes, then a quick shot of the pink sugars, and now...

I smell like I jumped out of a box with two scoops of raisons.

Waa.

Oh well...I've got enough Sparkle Fuschia to get me through life for quite awhile.

YES that's exactly what it does on me. I keep retesting after reading the reviewers who are getting cookie, pumpkin, pink an bakery, thinking "maybe if I try it here, or here," LOL. Wonder why I amp this one so weird??? If it was meant to be like SF, I would think my chemistry would play nice.

@ Skye I do that to with scents I love! My family thinks I'm nuts

LOL eosp I looove your review! and luna's "heck of a gourd"...I want to get that printed on a shirt with a pic of the label :D bless you Mara for appeasing the unreasonable horde. A couple updates to my previous review:

1) this reminded me more than anything of Drac's Bakery. So apparently I'm an allspice ho

2) my post above autocorrected "no BRAINER bottle" to "no BRAINED bottle", which makes no sense.

Ladies, you have outdone yourselves on the reviews for this one! I get a chuckle every time I come in here. And EOSP, "There's a warmth to it that I don't intellectually understand, but my soul savors it."--that was poetic. I loved it!!

I mentioned this in the Potion of the Day thread. I'm wearing this today, and it caused a pile-up in the conference room! A woman stopped short and said, "What is that wonderful smell?" And three people slammed into her. It was quite the ordeal because the lady is a bit frail, and there was a dash to upright her before she fell down.

Edited by BlueBear

What a great hit, BB! It feels extra nice to hear comments when I know that I smell great each time I wear LPs out. Peeps here are generally not vocal. A couple of kids from work will ask where the nice smell comes from or what is making the nice smell. Close girlfriends do comment on how much they like or dislike my scents.

Asians generally go for fruit and flora scents but I notice that people usually comment on my foodie scents such as SF, LP Red, BBM, etc. as they don't expect it to be a perfume.