Coconut Breeze

Raq On

I would love my tanning lotion to smell like this! ..actually this perfume is perfect to wear on a hot sunny day or when you know your going to be outside in the heat.

:heart708: Coconut Breeze.. :heart106:Mmmm It smells like lush creamy coconuts with melted chocolate and warm skin musk. :heart:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to share that today I layered this awesome coconut scent with lots of coconut goodness underneath and I loved it!

I amp the cocoa butter accord in Coconut Breeze, so I get lots of sheer chocolatey goodness and I love it, but I wanted the coconut to stand its ground and be more of a co-star here, so I applied a coconut body wash and coconut body butter and then topped it all with gorgeous Coconut Breeze and voila! I got the coconut forward and the cocoa butter plays nicely and shares its place....plus I got more projection and sillage, nice!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a sample of this, it's applied to my inner elbow. Initially I smell cocoa butter but then it gets dustier and turns into the brown dusty coconut husk. It's a bit like smashing open coconuts on a rock, bits of husk flying into the air. I like it. Not sure how much I would wear it, but it would be amaaaaazing in super hot weather.

I have not tried this yet, but I think I should. I love coconut, but I'm not a big fan of cocoa butter. I wonder which one is the most prominent note, the cocoa butter or the coconut. If it's more like creamy coconut & vanilla, then it could be my new summer holiday scent.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping for more coconut with this but it is very similar to Halo's Angelique on me. I get the same kind of floral scent and I don't know why since I don't think there are floral notes in either one. Maybe cocoa butter makes me think of flowers for some reason. I actually don't smell any coconut at all. It's not the summery coconut scent I expected but still nice!

Initially I smell cocoa butter but then it gets dustier and turns into the brown dusty coconut husk.

This is what a lot of coconut-based fragrances do on me as well, but this one stays creamy.

• 4 weeks later...

This didn't agree with me on first trial and I couldn't put finger on it. This thread bump made me try it again. Something about the vanilla and cocoa butter combo goes a little waxy on me :(

Me too Tyvey. I'm not sure if it's the cocoa butter, but this doesn't work for me. I really need to write down the notes of scents that don't work, so I can figure out what they are!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Received my sample and I can't stop huffing where I put it on. It smells like creamy milky coconut, cocoa butter and drys to a delicious musk. Swoon! This is going to be the perfect summer scent. Reminds me of tanning lotion and coconut milk. There is something about this that also reminds me of Angelique.

Oh yes this is a beautiful sexy vacation scent! I love it. Do you have Occo Ambrosia? You could pair it with that too. I am going to try it with Dollys Hot and Sticky this summer.

No, I do not own OA... I'm going to try and snag a sample of this to see if it will work for me, thanks

I absolutely love coconut, and I keep forgetting about this one every time I order. I really want to try it, it sounds deliciously nommy.

Received my sample and I can't stop huffing where I put it on. It smells like creamy milky coconut, cocoa butter and drys to a delicious musk. Swoon! This is going to be the perfect summer scent. Reminds me of tanning lotion and coconut milk. There is something about this that also reminds me of Angelique.

It's the cocoa butter. Same as in Angelique

I wore this last night to bed.. Omg the coconut made me so relaxed and I fell asleep right away, probably because I equate coconut with relaxing and a spa, tranquil setting.. Anyhow I slept to good last night I didn't want to wake up this morning.

I have to go look at the ingredients to see how they affected me.. in a good way! Good Sleep potion!

Coconut Breeze gives me a Halo's Angelique vibe with the addition of breezy coconut. It's probably the cocoa butter in both of them that bridges their differences. I adore them both, but Coconut Breeze takes the cake because it's still available.

Whoa! The next Coconut Breeze bottle will definitely be boosted with cops then! Thanks, hearts!

Edited by Just Ducky

• 1 month later...

I have to finally resign myself to the fact that I can't wear heavy cocoa butter scents. I tried this out yesterday. I love me some coconut, but when combined with cocoa butter, it smells heavy and makes me somewhat nauseated. I'm not too surprised though because I can't go near Odalisque without feeling a bit queasy. I have been able to wear cocoa butter if it is not the predominant scent and it is coupled with something green or floral. Boohoo me.

I think this is the only cocoa butter one I can wear without feeling queasy. I don't know why I don't really get it from this one...weird! I can't do Odalisque either. Or the Dance one that came out with the Romance Novel Feb collection.

eta: I mean Passionate Whispers. I don't know what I am talking about with this "dance" thing.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

if either one of you have a bottle of odalisque for sale I might nab it :)

potentially stalking this thread. Love coconut. Nervous about that much cocoa butter-- I like it in odalisque but sometimes it's a bit too much in my face. I want some coconut in my face.

potentially stalking this thread.

We would appreciate if people didn't do that, and just watch the Trade subforum instead for whatever they're wanting. We don't want people to feel pressured to sell/swap if they express that they might not like something.

oh, I wasn't stalking because of odalisque-- I'll probably get sick of it before I run out, though I'd go back and forth on buying more and probably side with buying more.

I was stalking it because I was dreaming of a big face full of coconut.

Edited by MissHazel

• 3 weeks later...

This one has a lovely sweet and coco nutty scent with a touch of vanilla peeking through. Reminds me of a lovely vacation on a tropical island...sort of like home.

Sometimes I wear this to be to relax because it does have that vacation vibe to it. I love how the coconut seems to dance with the musk on my skin.

• 1 month later...

Wore this for the first time today and I have to ask...what is it in this that is/may also be in Odalisque? My gf got a sample of this and when she allowed me to sniff her trial vial I got a smidge on my fingers...as is want to happen with those tiny suckers...and I KEPT huffing my paw until I finally had to wash it off lol! So I sprung for a fb :D As this wore on through the day my nose/brain registered something very familiar and finally hours later I thought of Odalisque. It's note like it but there's something in it like it. Do they have the same musk? Anywho...it's great on it's own! My nose/mind eventually registered heady dried sweet tobacco at one point...yeah, I know...I don't get t either, but I LIKE it...A LOT. OH and MAN! This has staying power too. It's 12 hours later and I have creamy sugary goodness...one of my favorite kind of LP finishes :love: I am SO glad I got this! Scrumptious!

Hmm. Could be I'm a cocoa butter fiend then because - YUM! I'll have to snoop around for other perfumes with cocoa butter in it to test the theory...Thanks halo :heart: