Bridezilla

Invidiana

Bridezilla

It's the happiest day of your life...or it would be if the logistics weren't so very stressful! That pop culture sensation – the demanding, slightly crazed bride-to-be – is immortalized in our lovely yet slightly dark and dangerous fragrance. Sparkling champagne accord, dragonfruit, and a bridal bouquet of pink hibiscus is complemented with glamorous accents of berries, Bulgarian rose, pink pepper and just a dash of tangy grapefruit. With this scent you have the power to demand that your special day be absolutely perfect...or else!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHAMPAGNE (FERMENTED ALCOHOLS) ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
BERRIES ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor, food of the Fae. Protection, health, deflection of negativity.
DRAGON FRUIT ~ Wishes granted, protection, health.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
PINK GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When my time comes, I swear not to be a Bridezilla. That would never stop me from wearing this. The best way I can describe it in a nutshell is "deep pink champagne." Wet it starts off as a burst of fizz, and while the fizzy quality remains right through the drydown what emerges is a wonderful punch of dragonfruit, grapefruit and berries. As I mentioned previously in another thread the dragonfruit Vitaminwater is one of my faves, and lots of voluptuous dragonfruit runs the show here. There is just that tiny zing of pink pepper, and as it dries down more a not-typically-floral floral backdrop emerges from the rose and hibiscus. I think the hibiscus also contributes to the tang, being a fan of hibiscus tea. Something about these two florals mixing together is really intriguing, sensual even. Overall this is a bold, vibrant, sweet-tart fruity champagne that commands attention. Just keep it away from real bridezillas. ;)

I picked this one on a whim and I'm glad i did. The best way to describe this is pink with an edge. I think it's the tartness of the fruit and the champagne and the kick of the pepper that gives it the edge. The sugar and floral note soften it just a bit. A fabulous summer scent!!

I tested this one out yesterday and there was something that went really tangy really fast, but at the same time something floral flew and touched the sky. It reminded me of those pretty little soaps that come wrapped in gold ribbons and pretty paper. Delicate but with a lot of scent. I have to retest and see what notes I can smell and how it morphs. Yesterday was not a very good day for testing.

I LOVE THIS!!! I can't believe I am going to own a perfume called BRIDEZILLA!!!!!!

Ok at first, she does have a BITE! This must be the 'zilla part. It's that strong TANG. Then she slowly mellows out into one of the most beautiful soft fruity florals....this must be the blushing bride coming out. The fruity floral part is very different though, unusual. I am unfamiliar with most of the notes here so I can't give any of them specific credit. Just a precious combination.

At the moment this is one of my favorite perfumes. A beautiful summer scent to top off any sundress.

I don't know that Blatant Invitation is all that congruent to this pretty perfume, but this is what I am wearing tonight for HG's birthday night out!

eta: the longer I am wearing it...the more berryish it gets. Better and better every minute!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

MDC, your review makes me want to kick my nose and make it like Bridezilla! Glad to hear you love it so much!

It starts out very fizzy, rosy, chic and pink! But then the tangy bite MDC describes so well, screams and whines like a real Bridezilla until it goes sour on me...It is the Pitahaya/Dragron Fruit, I've tasted this fruit before and I know how tart-sour it can taste sometimes, so I know it is the Pitahaya turning Godzilla against me...The champagne is lovely, the rose, the grapefruit, the berries, everything is harmonious and sparkling on my skin, until the Pitahaya steals the show and ruins everything for me.

Yes I do smell that tangy thing at first but that part mellows out on me real quick! Also...I can see what LV means about the little soaps. I don't know what soaps she is talking about but sometimes Bridezilla reminds me of a very expensive soap.

I am going to look for the Dragonfruit Vitawater Invi talks about because I am not familiar with dragonfruit I don't think. Then maybe I can tell what part of this it is. Seems quite berryish to me.

MDC, your review makes me want to kick my nose and make it like Bridezilla! Glad to hear you love it so much!

It starts out very fizzy, rosy, chic and pink! But then the tangy bite MDC describes so well, screams and whines like a real Bridezilla until it goes sour on me...It is the Pitahaya/Dragron Fruit, I've tasted this fruit before and I know how tart-sour it can taste sometimes, so I know it is the Pitahaya turning Godzilla against me...The champagne is lovely, the rose, the grapefruit, the berries, everything is harmonious and sparkling on my skin, until the Pitahaya steals the show and ruins everything for me.

I think this is the same thing that is biting me Gaby.

This is like a pretty delicate soap that is expensive and elegant , then all of a sudden she stabs you with her diamond encrusted silk heels.

then all of a sudden she stabs you with her diamond encrusted silk heels.

Lady V! LoL! That's exactly how the Dragon Fruit/Pitahaya feels! Jajaja...awesome description!

My Mom loves Pitahaya as a fruit, and the bite in this potion smells very appealing to her...

Oddly enough I don't get any floral notes from this one, and I tend to amp floral scents to nauseating levels but not with this one. On me this doesn't smell much like what you'd expect from reading the scent description. I think I'm probably amping the champagne note or something similar to that because what I get is something that is very much reminiscent of those clear soaps (glycerine?) that used to be sold loads when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, the scent is by no means "soapy" smelling, but it does to my nose smell just like the lemon scented glycerin soaps, maybe (with a slight stretch of my imagination) with a vague or soft non-specific floral in the background. It's a clean and fresh lemon scent, not one that makes me think of lemon scented cleaning products.

It's probably not a scent that I personally would wear much, but it's definitively nicely done. A fresh and summery scent, that I can imagine would be worn really well by younger women or girls :)

I've had such bad luck with this one. First I opened it when I got my package in my car, and the lid - the new kind, without the wand - fell out of my hands and behind the seat somewhere. I searched and search and couldn't find it! Found $2 the previous owner must have left behind, but I would have traded it for my lid!

So I stuck some sticky tape over the top of the vial and stood it up in the door of my car, planning to decant it into a spare bottle when I got home. But I didn't get home for a few days, by which time it had fallen over and most of it had leaked out. Not to mention I had to park my car in the sun, and even though it is winter the car still warmed up quite a bit in the sun and I suspect it may have changed the scent.

Anyway, I got into my car after this and was like... OMG what is that AMAZING smell? Surely that can't be my pot pourri bag (organza bag with cotton wool soaked in Anti Piggy and a few others hanging from my rearview mirror)? But it was the Bridezilla. Now this description may be a bit off because of the unusual way I was introduced to the smell, but to me it was like a nicer version of Passion in Pink - more rosey, less peppery, but with the same quality. It is a really delicious smell, and somehow it works really well in my car!

So I wiped up as much of this as I could with cotton pads and put them in the pot pourri collection in the organza bag. Really loving the smell in my car, but I feel this sample of Bridezilla was wasted all the same. I will have to be on the lookout for some more.

Anyway, I got into my car after this and was like... OMG what is that AMAZING smell? Surely that can't be my pot pourri bag (organza bag with cotton wool soaked in Anti Piggy and a few others hanging from my rearview mirror)? But it was the Bridezilla. Now this description may be a bit off because of the unusual way I was introduced to the smell, but to me it was like a nicer version of Passion in Pink - more rosey, less peppery, but with the same quality. It is a really delicious smell, and somehow it works really well in my car!

So I wiped up as much of this as I could with cotton pads and put them in the pot pourri collection in the organza bag. Really loving the smell in my car, but I feel this sample of Bridezilla was wasted all the same. I will have to be on the lookout for some more.

Holy crap the same thing happened with Goddess of the Blue Moon, but in my bag! I was a little pissed at myself for forgetting the vial was in there, which led to it getting smashed somehow, but at least I now have the best-smelling bag anywhere. Plus, I always know where it is because I can sniff it from several feet away. :lol:

Holy crap the same thing happened with Goddess of the Blue Moon, but in my bag! I was a little pissed at myself for forgetting the vial was in there, which led to it getting smashed somehow, but at least I now have the best-smelling bag anywhere. Plus, I always know where it is because I can sniff it from several feet away. :lol:

Haha, that's cute :P Well I hope anyone getting in my car will like the smell, no one else has been in there but me so far :)

I just "lost" Fleur de Vanille all over MY bag this weekend! I'm loath to wash it, though the oils have made a stain on the cotton! :)

Haha, that's cute :P Well I hope anyone getting in my car will like the smell, no one else has been in there but me so far :)

Even my car has the faint smell of it now, because some rubbed off from the bag!

I couldn't have found this perfume at a better time as I'm getting married in a few months! I vow not to be a Bridezilla, but to only wear a scent by that name, hehe. I love how you can actually smell the fizziness of the champagne, a very fun girly scent indeed!

I couldn't have found this perfume at a better time as I'm getting married in a few months! I vow not to be a Bridezilla, but to only wear a scent by that name, hehe. I love how you can actually smell the fizziness of the champagne, a very fun girly scent indeed!

Omg congratulations! That's awesome!

I know! The fizzies! The fizzies!

Congrats on your nuptials! You should have Mara craft you your own wedding scent!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The fizziness of this one is a little too much for me. This bride had lots of bubbly, lol... I can kind of smell the berries & fruity pinkness, but the champagne fizz just takes over for me... not a love.

This reminds me of Effervescence, but it's not as dry; the fruity notes give it a pleasant sweetness on top of the crisp evocation. If you like a pink sparkily bubbly aura then this would be perfect, and it's got a refreshing feel to it as well.

This reminds me of Effervescence, but it's not as dry; the fruity notes give it a pleasant sweetness on top of the crisp evocation. If you like a pink sparkily bubbly aura then this would be perfect, and it's got a refreshing feel to it as well.

I wasn't a big fan of Effervescence, it came off as really sharp on my skin. This does that on the top, for like a second, but then the mimosa comes out & pushes everything else to the background. I love fresh mimosa flowers & this smells very close to picking one off of the tree & putting it in my hair. It is a very sleek, elegant, slightly fruity floral to my nose, but mimosa flowers have a fruitiness to them, imo.

• 7 months later...

Via one of the free mini-samplers.

Surprisingly charming, it's like a nice happy bubbly fruity champagne and I don't notice much floral in either. I kind of wish something like this was paired with Stone Cougar next time the company rolls out a scented blend of it.

If they come out with a different version of this this Spring or Summer while maintaining the bubbly part I think stone fruits and vanilla bean would be very nice additions.

ETA: However I think a sparkly fruity champagne scent would also be great with La Femme Mystere if and when the 2nd or 3rd scented batch roles around, I think that kind of foodie fragrance would, at least IMHO, be elegant enough for it.

Edited by Queen of Swords

• 2 months later...

OH DEAR! I must seem ungrateful!

This one must have come a few orders back when I ordered some fbs for hubby and myself. Hubby actually told me about it today as I was going through my current order. It's been tucked away with his this whole time! ACK! He meant to tell me, but forgot <_< Doesn't he realize how important this is kind of thing is by now?! :rolleyes:

Thank you Mara and all at LP! So very sorry that it was overlooked all this time :huh:

I have just slathered a bit on my wrists and forearms and WOW! Champagne! For real! That's CRAZY! It really IS fizzy right out of the bottle, I almost didn't believe my nose...ok, I DID NOT believe my nose until I looked up the scents, lol. It's still there but not as fizzy and at first the floral was strong (loud?) but settled down on me very quickly, within 15 minutes, but it's still VERY fruity/floral and clean smelling....that champagne has me baffled...That. Is. So. Cool! To be fair, I love the foodie fragrances BEST....but that being said, scents like this one and Cuddle Bunny may just win me over yet! I really like how clean and fresh this smells :^^: This is just PERFECT for spring and summer though, so at least he didn't wait to tell me about it until...OH GOSH...I hate to think HOW long it could have been!

Edited by NuTrix

Haven't tried Bridezilla but Strange Attractors spray smells very fizzy to me like sprite as well.

Or Butterbeer! I don't know if it's the ginger or the sarsaparilla, or a combo of the 2, but that was like a ginger ale fizz! Crazy! But totally cool!

That's true. Butterbeer is fizzy but the ginger hates me so it's in the to-trade pile. Sad. Butterbeer besides that one stabby smell (on me) smells great.

I hear ya. Butterbeer wasn't for me either :( It's just a trial vial though, so maybe I'll use it up one of these days...or gift it, lol. But Bridezilla? Totally working for me :^^:

Ginger is often used to provide a "fizzy" aura in fragrance. My favorite of those kind is I don't know, but it's green..., although it's got alcohol accords in it to give that effect.

Tehehe...it works though!....I can totally let my mind take me to the place where I'm sitting with my glass of champagne with its fresh blue and raspberries floating in it, celebrating a friend's wedding at an outside venue where all the floral arrangements are spread gorgeously at the center of the tables and I'm giggling as the bubbles tickle my nose as we make our toast to the happy couple! Seriously, that is awesome magic!

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

This one is very sparkly and fizzy... On my skin I get lovely champagne (reminds me of Peach Sparkle) and I know it's named Bridezilla but it's perfect for the New Year's Eve too! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, this one is a delight! It smells like sparkly fruit punch to my nose. There is a tart note that packs a wallop, but I love it. :D

On me, it stays true to scent and lasts quite awhile. What else can I say about it? It's a delicious, delightful, celebratory champagne of a scent. Just smelling it lifts my mood.

Hmm, the scent I'm smelling with this one doesn't even seem to come from the same planet as the rest of these descriptions. I get no fizziness. No champagne. No fruit, or pinkness. :( My mind translates this as extremely strong lemon bleach squirted right up into each nostril. My nose must be broken, or severely disturbed. And I've tested it 3 times, so it's not due to a bad nose day. This is both sad and weird... I really wanted to smell the pink champagne.

Edited by vladmyra

• 10 months later...

Super fizzy! Pink fizziness with berries! And then a sharp pointy pinesol for about 10 minutes....dry downs a quiet, sweet tart fizz that's close to the skin with a potent unidentifiable berry throw. I don't think I've actually drank champagne so I can't quite compare however it reminds me of that fizzy juice in a wine like glass bottle.

Quite lovely, actually

Edited by Anonymous2F