Melted Dream

Invidiana

AD-MeltedDream-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43

Melted Dream

A positively dreamy version of the famous orange-and-vanilla confection...hot milk accord gives this scent its "melted" quality, swirled with two types each of bright sweet orange and buttery vanillas, plus a tiny dash of pineapple. You might get licked...don't say we didn't warn ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; protection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how Mara did it but this really does smell melted! It's exactly like a melted creamsicle with an additional dash of fruity tang from the pineapple. More of the orange and that hint of pineapple are prominent wet, and as it dries down the creamy milk and vanilla notes pool around them in a dreamy swirl. There are definitely aspects of this that remind me of Darling Clementine/Catalina, some of the orange and vanilla notes for sure, but they aren't the same scent. This one is more like DC's creamier cousin with more of a focus on the vanillas and milk in the final drydown. Somehow it also manages to have a dually warm and cool feel to it, as if you just dropped that creamsicle on the asphalt about a minute ago and while it's half melted, some of the coolness still lingers. Aptly named--it really is dreamy. :witch1095:

I like the smell of this but I get strictly fruit , no cream. Smells sort of like Flintstones chewables on me. Which isn't necessarily bad- I used to eat those by the handful when I was a kid. It's a wonder I didn't get iron poisoning.

finally a review for melted dream,been waiting.Invidianas review makes me want to get this unsniffed.

I am going to get a bottle next week for sure.

Edited by tanya27

I like the smell of this but I get strictly fruit , no cream. Smells sort of like Flintstones chewables on me. Which isn't necessarily bad- I used to eat those by the handful when I was a kid. It's a wonder I didn't get iron poisoning.

Haha! I used to do that, too! Those and baby Aspirin!

Looking forward to trying this, too. Love creamsicles! Mom and Dad used to own one of those bicycle ice-cream companies, and I used to eat so many Creamsicles and Fudgesicles that in 1979 my Mom decided to keep track of how much product I was eating: $1500 dollars worth in one year! And that was when they were only worth a quarter. So yeah. I def. need to try this.

I don't know how Mara did it but this really does smell melted!

The hot milk accord she uses is what does that.

Haha! I used to do that, too! Those and baby Aspirin!

Looking forward to trying this, too. Love creamsicles! Mom and Dad used to own one of those bicycle ice-cream companies, and I used to eat so many Creamsicles and Fudgesicles that in 1979 my Mom decided to keep track of how much product I was eating: $1500 dollars worth in one year! And that was when they were only worth a quarter. So yeah. I def. need to try this.

No wayyyy! LOL! That comes out to 16.5 ice creams per day!!! Even at my baddest, I can eat 4. Ok, maybe 6. :666:

Lol someone I know would eat several cans of orange juice concentrate for lunch like ice cream.....alternating each spoonful with heaping spoonfuls of brown sugar....her friends were always like OH GOD PLEASE EAT SOMEWHERE ELSE WERE GONNA PUKE

Back on topic: anyone finding this reminiscent of Fairy Lure, which always had a very creamsicle vibe on me?

ACK! Juice concentrate? Blechhhh!

One time my mother and I went away for a short trip, a weekend of exercising it was supposed to be. But the weather was horrible all weekend and we were stuck inside, bored, so we went to the store and bought "supplies" including a box of 12 fudgsicles. We put them in the little fridge in the room only to find that the freezer portion was not cold enough for ice cream so we had to eat ALL OF THEM AS FAST AS WE COULD!!! :lol: That's my record for ice cream consumption. It was awesome.

Yes, I intended to go in the direction of Fairy Lure. Since that has been sold out for quite a while, I thought we needed another of the kind to fill the gap. But I always try to make them a little different each time. :)

Very few supplies are more critical than ice cream. :lol:

I'm so glad you mentioned Fairy Lure - that's a long-GGG that I've wished was still around. This one is sounding better and better all the time! Here Postie, Postie, Postie...

Quick story - my guy dipped into this one behind my back (before even I have had a chance!) and told me that I'd better be careful wearing this around him as it would make me VERY EDIBLE! He picked out the pineapple note, and creamy accord -describing it as an ice cream sundae with pineapple on top, his eyes getting large and gestures animated, lol! He's too cute sometimes.

I wanted to love Melted Dream with all my heart, but I can't smell anything with dominant notes of Vanilla+Orange the way I should smell it. I asked 3 different people how did it smell on me and I got this...

1. ''You smell like an Orange Julius Smoothie!'' 2. ''It kind of smells like mango''. 3. ''It smells like oranges to me''.

This shows MD smells more or less like it should smell, but not to me. I'm able to get some of the lovely orange on the opening for a few minutes, but all I'm getting afterwards is burning tires. My Bf even said he liked this one on me, so this is not my skin chemistry ruining the scent for me, it is my perception of this particular combination of scent notes, it has happened before with Darling Clementine, but I got a weird fruit loops scent with DC. I've re-tested Melted Dream several times and I can't get past the burning rubbery vibe. Everyone seems to like it on me, but my nose doesn't let me appreciate it properly :( I'm so sad... I'm starting to think my nose is broken in the orange cakey department and is making all this crazy burning stuff up...

This totally makes me think of the Dreamsicle drink! The orange even comes off like Triple Sec on my skin, while the other elements give it a nice creamy finish. I don't know if this is something I'd actually wear as fragrance but I like the feel of it, it's fun and very yummy!

This smells like a warm dreamsicle on my skin. It's thick and warm almost like the inside of a dreamsicle swallowed the outside and melted on my body in late July.

It does remind me of Fairy Lure, but the difference for me is that Melted Dream is a bit more grown up, and fells warmer and sensual where as Fairy Lure is straight up fun and giggly and more cold. Melted Dream is a melting dreamsicle and Fairy Lure is one straight out of the freezer.

Wet I got a huge blast of creamy pineapple and fainted. When I came to, a huge cloud of fairy lureness was surrounding me, tinged with pineapple. So, to me this is like eating a melting, mashed up creamsicle in a bowl with fresh pineapple in it. Another that literally makes my mouth water.

I like this one quite a bit. I was hoping I'd love it but at the moment it's not completely doing it for me. It may change though obviously because it might smell different on me when I next try it or it might grow on me :)

I don't get as much cream from this one which is why I'm slightly disappointed. I get much more orange. It's not a tart or fake orange scent though. Very yummy, orange candy scent. I just wish it was a bit more like the orange version of those yummy, round hard strawberries & cream candies (the white & pink swirly ones)

Delish! Wet this smells like the orange cream in Roses/Quality Street (without the chocolate), and when it settles is goes to a dreamy orange creamy warm milk thingy that wants to be in my belly, the pineapple is very feint but adds to the comforting feel of this.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this one, it is quite a foody, warm smell, with a bit of tang to it. It just seems very faint to me, I feel like I really need to slather it on. Somehow when I put this on my first thought was it was "incomplete" - I feel like I want to layer it with something. But it develops its depth as it dries down and goes a bit richer, which completes. This one is vanilla and fruity cream.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Don't get much of the melted part on my skin, but the vanilla and orange combo is a dream come true for me. I put it on and was in love. and not only do I love it, but everyone who gets a whiff of it. Several people told me I smelled fantastic that day. Had a sample only, must get more. Only thing is, I think it doesn't keep very long, has to be reapplied a lot.

It's so great I found LP cause now I have all these lovely scents to choose from and they are unique and not some designer perfume that's advertised all over the place and everyone and their grandma gets for Christmas.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I am another that was wondering how something can actually smell melted! I like this one a lot--it even got approval from my husband! This smells very smooth and makes me want to lick my arm. I get much more orange than vanilla...I think I would like to try layering it with sugared vanilla or something.

One time I wore this one to bed, and I thought it smelled buttery, which reminded me of popcorn. Apparently my nose thinks butter=popcorn. I don't really get that this time, but I can see where I got it from before. Again, it must be that hot milk accord. That is fascinating! Pity it's sold out. :( It's very sultry and would make a nice summer scent.

Guest cutie.pie

Wow, I am another that was wondering how something can actually smell melted! I like this one a lot--it even got approval from my husband! This smells very smooth and makes me want to lick my arm. I get much more orange than vanilla...I think I would like to try layering it with sugared vanilla or something.

One time I wore this one to bed, and I thought it smelled buttery, which reminded me of popcorn. Apparently my nose thinks butter=popcorn. I don't really get that this time, but I can see where I got it from before. Again, it must be that hot milk accord. That is fascinating! Pity it's sold out. :( It's very sultry and would make a nice summer scent.

It's not sold out sweetie! Here it is: https://www.etsy.com/listing/208987466/melted-dream-13-floz-concentrated