Yet another cover scent question

Does anyone use a cover scent within only 5 minutes or so after applying oil based pheros? Sometimes I don't want to wait the 20 min and sit in the cheese scent so I apply an oil based cover within a few minutes of applying the oil based phero.

Is this counter proactive? Maybe not allowing the phero to dry down alone? I apply say, BANG in oil, smoosh gently then apply my cover to the same area, smoosh gently. Otherwise if I just leave the oil on in a strip it stains my clothes

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with that! You're just mixing on the body rather than in the bottle. But you still need to let cops dry down before putting on your clothes, or you're going to get the cheese that won't go away stuck to your fabric.

I'm glad you asked this Raq I've always wondered about the same thing, may I ask if anyone has ever tried to speed up dry down by using an electric fan?

It's a silly question I know, I've never done it because I keep thinking I have to allow them to dry down naturally for my skin chemistry to work properly, especially with EoW or any Cops-heavy scent...

Mara, is it ok to do this? :perfume:

Edited by Gabylicious

Lol! Thanks Mara! Speedy dry-downs are a must for me, I'm glad I asked :rolleyes:

I'll do the same with the Cops & Robbers body lotion and straight EoW, with this heat I desperately need something to speed things up...

Nothing wrong with that! You're just mixing on the body rather than in the bottle. But you still need to let cops dry down before putting on your clothes, or you're going to get the cheese that won't go away stuck to your fabric.

YES! I found this out the HARD way LOL! Glad to know I can layer in this way though.

Nothing wrong with that! You're just mixing on the body rather than in the bottle.

I do the same thing. I have a fan on my table where I apply my makeup. So I stand there shirtless while it dries and I put on the war paint. :)

Great to know both of these things! I too get impatient waiting for drydown, and I have been avoiding putting on my cover scent until I am sure the phero has settled, so not having to do that will save a lot of time.

• 4 months later...

Interesting question. I have never seen anyone ask and nor have I ever tried it.

Heat + Damp + Pheromones = Stink. Just another good reason not to apply them in your armpits. And for you ladies who shave, I guess all the more reason not too. But a dryer would be dry heat.

I am not sure if too much heat/wind all at once even with just warm setting would cause too much evaporation/degradation or not.

Sorry to resurrect another dead thread! hahaha but I was wondering if it's okay to use a hairdryer (on a warm NOT HOT setting) for drydown?

Will this cause the pheros to break down or start smelling terrible?

I think it would be fine for cops. I use a hairdryer to dry my faux tanner, & I was actually considering using one to dry my cops, too. Just don't let anyone else in the bathroom because it will probably stink to high heaven, lol.

Sorry to resurrect another dead thread! hahaha but I was wondering if it's okay to use a hairdryer (on a warm NOT HOT setting) for drydown?

Will this cause the pheros to break down or start smelling terrible?

Nothing wrong with resurrecting dead threads! I am always glad to see them brought back to life :)

But I too wonder this. We need an expert opinion I think... Mara are you there?? *looks around*

Probably would dry them down fine, but will likely diffuse the heck out the them in the room. Hope you have your own bathroom or lock people out of it for 2 hours. That's how long it usually takes them to settle in an enclosed space!

Probably would dry them down fine, but will likely diffuse the heck out the them in the room. Hope you have your own bathroom or lock people out of it for 2 hours. That's how long it usually takes them to settle in an enclosed space!

Yeah, we've got the master bath, that's just ours & the SO is sleeping for the evening. I used the blowdryer on the cool setting for 5 minutes & it was effective in mellowing the cops out much more quickly in the 20 minute time frame. I felt confidant applying my LP oil over the top at the ten minute mark, still waited the whole 20 minutes to get get dressed, but I didn't feel like I had a ton of oil on my skin. Which was nice.I wouldn't use the blowdryer with the actual perfume oil, as you would be shortening the life of it on your skin, but I think it works good for cops. Remember, on the cool setting ladies.

As always thank you for your wisdom Mara :)