Taxed

Gale

Not only is this the sweetest label, this is the gentlest, most quiet scent. It smells so familiar, but I can't place it. Creamy, and there is some floral also, but oh, so soft and quiet. I can definitely see wearing this in the evening after a tough day. Or maybe whenever I want to wind down. Nice!

Holy Cow!!! That pic of the white cat is EXACTLY the spitting image of my cat AND she has her own little white wrestling partner just like that except her partner is a lamb..she wrestles him and takes her feet and hits him exactly like that! it's so hysterical..Wow that is spooky! I'll have to take a pic and post!

Edited by Neve

I had this one stored on my desktop.....TOO CUTE!!!!

i-sleepin-in-bukket.jpg

Edited by Dolly

OH, I forgot!!! The scent review......one word......LOVELY. :blue_dancing_banana: It is soft and delicate, and comforting......LOVE IT......especially during tax season....crunch time for me!! This is going to be my bedtime scent tonight, methinks......

OH, I forgot!!! The scent review......one word......LOVELY. :blue_dancing_banana: It is soft and delicate, and comforting......LOVE IT......especially during tax season....crunch time for me!! This is going to be my bedtime scent tonight, methinks......

Do you often wear a scent during the day and a special one to bed?

Do you often wear a scent during the day and a special one to bed?

I usually do that when I am sleeping alone......

Explanation.....when my sweetie is here, I am usually quite heavily scented as I apply my perfume right before he gets here in the evenings.....when he is not coming over to visit, my scent has usually dissipated by the end of the day.....so, I apply a nice relaxing, comforting scent at bedtime.....some of my favorites are NOX, Mermaids, Messalina, Sugared Honeycomb.....and tonight, I will try Taxed......

Edited by Dolly

Explanation.....when my sweetie is here, I am usually quite heavily scented as I apply my perfume right before he gets here in the evenings.....when he is not coming over to visit, my scent has usually dissipated by the end of the day.....so, I apply a nice relaxing, comforting scent at bedtime.....some of my favorites are NOX, Mermaids, Messalina, Sugared Honeycomb.....and tonight, I will try Taxed......

Mmm thank-you, once I get my packages and test them out I may elaborate on why you have chosen these at bed and what different results you have...but I can wait until I get my own set and try them out so I am not totally ignorantly asking :blue_dancing_banana:

I added Nox to my first order at the last second and I am actually REALLY excited about this one, I dint think I was going to be so interested in it.

Mmm thank-you, once I get my packages and test them out I may elaborate on why you have chosen these at bed and what different results you have...but I can wait until I get my own set and try them out so I am not totally ignorantly asking :blue_dancing_banana:

I added Nox to my first order at the last second and I am actually REALLY excited about this one, I dint think I was going to be so interested in it.

Oh, I don't mind your questions.....these particular scents tend to be relaxing, calming, and comforting to me.....they help me to wind down, and I have a nice scent to keep me company when my sweetie isn't here to comfort me......

I only get to wear my comfort scents during the day :blue_dancing_banana: My Beloved has *his* favorite *comfort scents* so I wear them for him during the evenings.... or, I get to walk into the kids' rooms and sniff them :blue_dancing_banana: We know my son's absolute favorite comfort scent is Sandman... I have him trying Taxed tonight... and, like the rest of us, he is loving the label art! So cute!

I tried this one last night...I needed it!

I was *supposed* to be doing taxes w/a friend...who first told me we'd meet at 7pm...then paged to change to 7:30...called at 8 to say he hadn't bought the software yet...(and we were supposed to have dinner together too, so I'd been waiting on that as well) I get up at 5:30am so dinner at 9 then taxes? No. Needless to say I was a little frustrated/starving/annoyed... Cheese and crackers then Taxed Potion and to bed.

I'm not a huge Ylang fan, it sometimes hits me the wrong way but this is well-blended with Vanilla and was quite comforting. Thanks Mara!

I'm not a huge Ylang fan, it sometimes hits me the wrong way but this is well-blended with Vanilla and was quite comforting. Thanks Mara!

Danna crafted this one, and I agree, I think she did a marvelous job. I fell in love with it the instant I smelled it, and I normally do not like Ylang Ylang very much either, but the way she blended this, it really works. Plus, the ylang she used is a very high quality essential oil. I think I may have to revise my thinking about ylang ylang to note that the cheaper ones or artificial ones I don't like, but the finer ones are actually quite nice.

Danna crafted this one, and I agree, I think she did a marvelous job. I fell in love with it the instant I smelled it, and I normally do not like Ylang Ylang very much either, but the way she blended this, it really works. Plus, the ylang she used is a very high quality essential oil. I think I may have to revise my thinking about ylang ylang to note that the cheaper ones or artificial ones I don't like, but the finer ones are actually quite nice.

Ylang ylang *normally* makes me sneeze.......repetitively......to the point of pain.....but this one didn't bother me at all.....I didn't even realize it had ylang ylang in it until I read the list of ingredients.....I ordered it "blind"......it probably is all in the quality.... :D

Edited by Dolly

My apologies - hats off to Danna on this! :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

• 2 months later...
So what notes are you guys getting in this? Is it more vanilla cream or more floral?

To me, the vanilla "follows" the floral, but it is overall well-balanced between those main notes...

• 3 months later...

This scent is so delicious with its Ylang Ylang and vanilla that it makes me want to curl up in my warm pajamas, crawl in my bed, and never come out. :Hug_emoticon:

Taxed reminds me why I love Ylang Ylang sooo much. I have this glass spray bottle that I use to blend Ylang Ylang essential oil and water; I use it to mist my face for a little pick me up. It is gorgeous and Taxed reminds me of this only with a more warmth blended into it. Ahhh!!!

I think I'm with Ivy_Fiddlefox on this one; I'll need to snag another before it becomes extinct.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, the ylang-ylang is really strong on me. Florals tend to amp on me anyway, it's got a nice depth and consistency to it. The vanilla is sort of on the top and around the edges for me, so overall it's a definite sweet floral but I don't know if it really has the intended effect (some florals kind of freak me out, actually), but it is very pretty.

• 3 weeks later...
The only way for me to describe this is soft and sweet. Not foody sweet, just sweet if that makes sense....obviously I'm not too good at the reviews lol :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I personally suck at reviews and you will see, if you read mine, that I ramble :blush:

Your review is great and will expand with time. I do look forward to seeing your opinion of other LP scents, glad to have you on the forum cirish!

CC :001_tt2:

• 5 weeks later...

When it dried, this was a creamy vanilla with the ylang-ylang being very prominent. Actually, it was more like ylang ylang with creamy vanilla as a much lesser note on me, but my chemistry tends to accentuate any note that's spicy, resinous, incense like, tangy or sharp. The ylang ylang gave it a lot of throw too.

• 3 weeks later...

When i saw this on endangered list i ordered another bottle before my first one came - so glad i did

It is warm creamy dark vanilla with a hint of caramel softness and a touch of light florals and the yang yang supports it all. It is warm and inviting and has a good throw, i only put on a test swipe on each arm and the aroma is enveloping and surrounding me.--ahhhh

i do find the scent calming and relaxing

...It is warm creamy dark vanilla with a hint of caramel softness and a touch of light florals and the yang yang supports it all. It is warm and inviting and has a good throw...

I really like this one. It's too bad it is all sold out.

• 6 months later...

I scored a bottle in trade of this from the lovely Rosebud.. :blushing:

I see why this is ggg..Very light & nice at first..then I get a warm spicey scent...Is that the ylang ylang? I like this very much..and will be very miserly w/ application :love:

• 3 years later...