just got my order - help, what am I doing wrong??

pkitty

Hi everyone, after a lot of thinking about what phero blend would be best for me I decided on "La Femme Mystère" - I also saw great reviews and that didn't hurt :) I am totally new to pheros so I hope I'm not doing something wrong. I ordered the silicone base type with no copulins because I didn't quite want to go into that territory yet. I decided on the silicone base because I dislike the smell of alcohol and the fact that the weather here usually is not very warm. I wanted to go for the CPS because it sounded like it was longer lasting.

Today was warmer than usual, I dressed cute but normal for me, I didn't have much time going to the doctor. I wanted to use a bit of the phero because I just got it and haven't had time to go out yet, I didn't have any social event planned, just to get a feel for things. I rolled on a bit on my wrists and rubbed them together, a bit on the base of my neck, a bit behind my ears, and I had some on my hands so I ran them through my hair. I was in a bit of a hurry and had to wash my hands and so I reapplied to wrists, perhaps that time or even the first time I did not shake the bottle enough or at all? I feel like I should have. I think the amount I applied was reasonable but I have no idea, or what place I should focus on, if any.

I know that pheros don't "magically" (although that is the name of the company, wait!! hehe) make everyone friendly and such but honestly today people were acting slightly UNfriendly towards me! Two times I was leaving a building and someone let the door almost slam in my face, I dropped something that bounced into a cute guy I was sitting next to on the bus and apologized, did not even break his indie headphones chill to say a word! I wouldn't say at all that I was in a bad mood or unapproachable today and throuought the day I even forgot that I'd put on the pheros and when people were being rude or standoffish in public I'd remember and be puzzled. I didn't notice any difference gender wise and in fact some "sleazy guy" types didn't seem to be reacting in the least.

Possible factors? Weather, it's hotter than usual and I tend to run hot so I was sweating a lot, didn't have a chance to take a shower this morning before rushing out the door :/ Certainly not smelling bad (took a shower late last evening due to an even hotter day) but I didn't start out fresh. I'm also seeing the doctor to treat some embarassing stuff so certainly not feeling completely lady-like, hah, and I don't know if taking any medicines will decrease the effects.

Does anyone have any ideas for round two? I want to write a review but I need to make sure I'm doing it properly and have gone out a few more times.

Did you apply a cover scent? I don't mind the smell of La Femme Mystere, and it may not have smelled bad to your nose, but it could have to those you go the strange reaction from.

And also, since these were strangers, perhaps that was their natural personality, and they were going to act like that, phero or not.

Welcome, by the way!

If you are using silicone base, ALWAYS shake before application.

And, you will not always have results on the first shot. Give it another try.....maybe start out with less, especially if it is hot, because if it is, you are probably getting good diffusion......try wearing a nice scent, but apply it UNDER the unscented phero, let it dry, then roll the phero on top......scents not only help diffusion, they also make people want to get closer to sniff you.

Don't give up just yet! OH, and welcome!!!

Thanks everyone, ack, I am sorry I did not post a welcome, I was at the other phero message board and got mixed up between them.

Anyway after reading the reviews, information about the specific pheros involved, etc this seemed like a really good and intriguing start for me unless things got overly sexual.

I'm often seen as too cute or silly and liked sort of the "sophistication" spin on this blend, as well as the fact that it seemed to emphasise pheros that focused on deeper connections and bonding. That's basically what I'm looking for, more of a social vibe than a sexual one. I have a lot of trouble connecting to people and there's a culture here of standoffishness so I'm trying to break through.

I will try the scent suggestion, thank you, but I wonder about the "bad smell" to others thing - strangely enough part of the reason why I got interested in pheros is that my sense of smell has become super sensitive to the point where I think I *do* smell pheros coming from people, mostly from men so I'm gussessing some sort of androgen? I wanted to see what a good "unscented" phero blend did smell like to compare it. I actually don't smell at all the "androgen" smell I've been smelling from other people lately which is actually quite rank. This phero smells just slightly musky to me in a good way, it could be that I'm reacting to the more sexual pheros off of people? Still have yet to figure that out. But I suppose it could gross some people out, I'd just be very surprised given my sense of smell and possible phero scent sensitivity myself...

Although now I'm a bit confused, I've read about people who "OD'd" on a phero but I never read anything really about it producing an opposite effect, I suppose I haven't looked at the forum too much. Is it common or has it happened at all that if you put too much it can just gross people out?

Yes, an OD situation can get you an opposite reaction, or it can give you what I call the "invisibility" effect. People walk around you and regard you as if you do not even exist. It can and does happen!!

Oh wow, that is good to know - maybe that's what was going on with me today! However how much does it disappate throughout the day? I never reapplied and was out for about 5 hours in moderate heat, without noticing any change in the way people were reacting to me.

Oh wow, that is good to know - maybe that's what was going on with me today! However how much does it disappate throughout the day? I never reapplied and was out for about 5 hours in moderate heat, without noticing any change in the way people were reacting to me.

The silicone lasts pretty good, yet still gives a good diffusion rate......in Louisiana heat and humidity, I can usually get a good 4-5 hours. If you ran it through your hair, it STICKS there. Same with if you got any on your clothes. Soaks in and stays until washed.

Try starting off with a little on wrists, neck, and/or cleavage, and let it dry down before getting dressed.

Edited by Dolly

Thanks so much for the tips, I will update, and I also posted in the LFM reviews thread for help, it seems like a few others had to tweak things to get it to work for them correctly...I certainly have enough to keep trying :)

Is there anything in this blend that could be negative for the vibe I want to get? My second choice would be Perfect Match and I have heard great things about Open Windows, but there was just something too irresistable about the blend and reviews for LFM...

Open Windows is a great social blend.....one of my faves......it not only lifts the mood of those around the wearer, but that of the wearer themselves.....

I prefer oil or the 60:40 oil/alcohol blend over the silicone simply because you have to shake the silicone very well each time. The pheros float to the top, and its just too easy for me to forget to shake it.

That's what I've heard, I did hear that about LFM as well though, but Open Windows seems to be a big hit across the board. It's just that I was drawn to the other blends featuring the Beta-Androstenol more prominently...I don't really want to be the life of the party, I just want people I do connect with to feel safe and at ease to stay and open up.

That's a good point Xev...oil is also nice as it blends with oil scents I have. Would any blend containing silicone have this problem, even the spray?

I will try the scent suggestion, thank you, but I wonder about the "bad smell" to others thing - strangely enough part of the reason why I got interested in pheros is that my sense of smell has become super sensitive to the point where I think I *do* smell pheros coming from people, mostly from men so I'm gussessing some sort of androgen? I wanted to see what a good "unscented" phero blend did smell like to compare it. I actually don't smell at all the "androgen" smell I've been smelling from other people lately which is actually quite rank. This phero smells just slightly musky to me in a good way, it could be that I'm reacting to the more sexual pheros off of people? Still have yet to figure that out. But I suppose it could gross some people out, I'd just be very surprised given my sense of smell and possible phero scent sensitivity myself...

We all perceive scents differently, though, so while this smells mildly musky to your nose, it could come across as BO to someone else's. An example: I really like how the unscented Cuddle Bunny smells (cops and all, :lol:) but some here detect a metallic twang to it (I don't really smell this) and hate it!

Ooooh, I second the Open Windows suggestion. It's a great all around happy social phero. Try it in Stealing Heaven. It's a great fruity little scent that I like for the spring and summer.

You mentioned that you are often viewed as cute or silly so why don't you try Swimming With Sharks instead? It will give you the confidence as well as projects the aura. Of course, like most ladies have mentioned in other threads, you need to work the pheros to make them work. I guess that's like dress the image you want to project otherwise people might get confused. But then, this is subjective as your definition of sophistication may not be the same as others.

You also mentioned about deep communication and bonding. Perhaps if you test the pheros out on more specific targets, you might observe such results. As suggested, apply less and use a scent to draw them in to sniff on the pheros.

I don't get self effects from some pheros and I use the sexier pheros as my social pheros as they go well with my personality.

No matter what kind of base my pheros come in, I always shake the bottle like there's no tomorrow.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself and the pheros to work according to your plans. They will work and they do work.

Is there anything in this blend that could be negative for the vibe I want to get? My second choice would be Perfect Match and I have heard great things about Open Windows, but there was just something too irresistable about the blend and reviews for LFM...

Could it be the EST? I know that EST affects me that way. Some here love it, But I have to be careful with it. It pisses my husband off. Only in certain blends though. I can wear BANG but not Cuddle Bunny around him. go figure.

I recommend trying a social phero like Open windows or Populaiity potion. I really like Lumina (though since it's a proprietary blend I don't know exactly what's in it)

Welcome, pkitty! :)

From what I understand, you have only tried this once, in the presence of strangers, and with no cover scent.

Please try the blend, say, at least 5 times, in a variety of situations before making a judgement. The easiest way to tell if something is working, is to wear it in front of people you know well, and see if the way that they relate to changes in subtle ways.

ALWAYS wear at least a light cover scent. Without it, there is a chemical smell at best, and a sweat or urine smell at worst.

ALWAYS shake the bottle if you have a silicone base or you're going to get pure pheromones that rise to the top of the bottle and you'll be wearing too much. If you can't remember to shake the bottle, buy it in oil.

Wearing behind your ears is not the best place to apply scent or pheros because it's a scent producing area itself that can fight with the product you are layering there.

Try applying to your torso and let the pheromones emanate with your body heat for the most natural style of diffusion.

Start with a smaller dose. With pheros, more is NOT better. If you wear too much, (or an ill-conceived combo of pheros) it comes off as unnatural, and people will think, "I don't know what it is, but there's something wrong with that person." and they will avoid that person. Pheromones are chemical messages to the brain, and if someone "does not compute" people will steer clear and that's what many people call "the ghosting effect"...they avoid them because they can sense something is not quite right.

To summarize, I would wear less than you described, make sure to shake the bottle, wear a cover scent, apply on your torso area, and act congruently with the intent of the phero blend. This blend is supposed to convey confidence, but it sounds as if you were not feeling or acting confident the day you tried it. Phero blends need the support of your behavior to work to their best effect.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Could be also because you say people perceive you as naturally silly and cute, so you were probably giving that off already and sweating buckets and your natural pheromones were already out there in the heat and that along with LFM on a bus , it was hot and sticky.. well it was probably overkill ~ you were way too sexy! lol

I will just say welcome and yes, it sounds like you OD'd from not shaking the bottle!! Try getting some scented samples to try out some blends. It takes some time to figure out what YOU like, what works on others, and how much to apply. It's a fun process though.

If you are using silicone base, ALWAYS shake before application.

And, you will not always have results on the first shot. Give it another try.....maybe start out with less, especially if it is hot, because if it is, you are probably getting good diffusion......try wearing a nice scent, but apply it UNDER the unscented phero, let it dry, then roll the phero on top......scents not only help diffusion, they also make people want to get closer to sniff you.

Don't give up just yet! OH, and welcome!!!

under ? hmmm...I'll give that a try !

but would say if the un phero contained COPS, apply that 1st and then cover? I'm confused now :blink:

in any case...THX Dolly :)

Edited by liz

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, don't worry, I haven't given up. I'm just going to have to tweak things to see if I can get them to work better for me.

Today I tried again, I was paying attention more to what I was wearing and had less of a cutsey/funky look than usual. I may have messed up again but I was running short on time but, I put some scented massage oil that I like on a lotion application pad along with a few rolls of LFM. I distributed it evenly all over my shoulders, décolletage area, arms, neck and back of neck. Things that may have been wrong with this were the fact that they got mixed and were distributed all over instead of certain hot spots, but I know at least that the scent problem was not an issue, and if it was so distributed I'm doubting that I used too much. I really like the scent of that oil and it is really good for my skin, but the scent fades quite quickly. I did get some lovely scent samples from here, but I can sometimes have trouble getting a good balance between something that is too strong for me and something that lasts...My sense of smell is very accute and even if a scent is nice to me it can be distracting for me to smell it really strongly all day. Anyway that's another story and something I'll probably work on as well. Oh, I also ran a small bit through my hair but along with some hair smoothing balm that I like the smell of, so that shouldn't have been a problem.

I was feeling pretty good as I walked out the door, I looked nice I thought. I took the bus down to where I was meeting a friend and didn't notice anything really on the bus or walking down the street, but no negative effects like the other day. Went into the coffee shop, still didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I met up with a (male) friend of mine, actually someone I have just recently met, so my take on his behavior may not have been the best. Unfortunatley again the day was kind of muggier than I thought and I ended up getting kind of sweaty again ugh. We talked and although the conversation went into some really deep territory for really not knowing someone all that well, I didn't get the feeling that it was really out of the ordinary for either of us. He ended up stopping by my house in the end and we watched some stuff online, and while he wasn't trying to get out of there, he left shortly after when he could have easily stayed longer (knowing he had nothing to do). To be fair we were both a bit tired and by that time probably the phero had worn off, but overall I would say that I didn't notice anything that I would consider out of the ordinary for the interaction with him and on the street.

As for *feeling* confident, I usually feel that way while walking out the door, but it's not something that's on my mind the whole day strutting around :) That doesn't mean at all that I'm mumbling and looking at my shoes or anything at all though.

I'm going to try some more trials, probably one where I am quite obviously overdosing for comparison, and a similar trial to this one but where I apply the scented oil and then apply the phero to spots instead of getting it more mixed and dispersed.

Also I did get a small sample of Purple Puff with Like a Magnet which I am going to break out for someone I know in particular, but it will be interesting to see the interactions on the way. Not sure when that'll happen though, possibly this weekend...

It's worth remembering that no matter what you try, some blends simply will not work for you. There could be any reason for that, or there might be no reason at all. If you are getting frustrated with something not working out as you think it should even when you think you are doing everything right, try a different blend. LFM just may not be your thing.

In the end I've found the ones that work best for me are ones I would never have thought were "me" to begin with. My first two choices from here were complete flops, but the others have been mostly brilliant.

In the end I've found the ones that work best for me are ones I would never have thought were "me" to begin with.

Boy is THAT the truth! I was just thinking this the other day. How it took me forever to actually try Leather and BI and I think I get the best results and self effects from them. BI makes me feel so good I am starting to wear it even when not with HG even though people say that is a bit scary. It makes me feel upbeat and a bit cocky when I am feeling sluggish. (It's not like I am taking public transportation or anything, bathed in BI.)

Anyway...the secret is in multiple trials of the same phero and then trying multiple pheros to find what works for you. In other words...multiple orders and years of experimentation ahead of you! It's a fun journey though.

Even if something doesn't appear to be working all that well I still wear it if the situation calls for it as I assume it is affecting others without them showing outward signs.

The reason I don't get really bent out of shape over not seeing obvious hits all the time with pheros is because of the way I know I am. I do not show my emotions and reactions to people at all out in the world so I assume other people are like that. I mean...when I met HG for the first time I was extremely attracted to him, his natural phero signature was very strong and I couldn't get him off my mind but I wasn't all "Oh my GOD!!!! The essence of your A-1 pheremone is making me so relaxed and comfortable and sexually aroused!! You are making me wet! In two weeks after I ask around about you I will come over and ride you like the sexay cowboy you appear to be!!!"

No...I played it very cool and slightly aloof and let him text me for two weeks and beg to see me and after I asked around about him I came over and rode him like the sexay cowboy he turned out to be.

So...that is why I just assume others are just not letting me know how my pheros are affecting them every time. So when I do get obvious hits it is really a big deal.

Funny, BI and Leather (well, it was actually Dominance) were the first two I ordered, that totally haven't worked out for me - at least not yet. And I thought they would be me through and through!!

Hmmm...it must be that in some cases we need to tweak ourselves in a little bit of a different direction than we see ourselves. Clearly I needed a bit more aggression!!

The first one I got was Lace and I rarely go for that one much anymore. But I always did want to be like Dolly when I grew up... :lol:

MDC - that was CLASSIC!!

:smiley-laughing024:

I mean...when I met HG for the first time I was extremely attracted to him, his natural phero signature was very strong and I couldn't get him off my mind but I wasn't all "Oh my GOD!!!! The essence of your A-1 pheremone is making me so relaxed and comfortable and sexually aroused!! You are making me wet! In two weeks after I ask around about you I will come over and ride you like the sexay cowboy you appear to be!!!"

No...I played it very cool and slightly aloof and let him text me for two weeks and beg to see me and after I asked around about him I came over and rode him like the sexay cowboy he turned out to be.

under ? hmmm...I'll give that a try !

but would say if the un phero contained COPS, apply that 1st and then cover? I'm confused now :blink:

in any case...THX Dolly :)

Yes, liz....with cop-containing blends, I apply the scent OVER the pheros......with an unscented, less stinky blend, I apply the pheros on top.....that is what I do with Open Windows and Treasured Hearts.....works best for me.......

when I met HG for the first time I was extremely attracted to him, his natural phero signature was very strong and I couldn't get him off my mind but I wasn't all "Oh my GOD!!!! The essence of your A-1 pheremone is making me so relaxed and comfortable and sexually aroused!! You are making me wet! In two weeks after I ask around about you I will come over and ride you like the sexay cowboy you appear to be!!!"

Ice water, meet computer screen......LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The reason I don't get really bent out of shape over not seeing obvious hits all the time with pheros is because of the way I know I am. I do not show my emotions and reactions to people at all out in the world so I assume other people are like that. I mean...when I met HG for the first time I was extremely attracted to him, his natural phero signature was very strong and I couldn't get him off my mind but I wasn't all "Oh my GOD!!!! The essence of your A-1 pheremone is making me so relaxed and comfortable and sexually aroused!! You are making me wet! In two weeks after I ask around about you I will come over and ride you like the sexay cowboy you appear to be!!!"

So...that is why I just assume others are just not letting me know how my pheros are affecting them every time. So when I do get obvious hits it is really a big deal.

Hahahaha!!! Love this!!!!

Maybe I was either out of it, overly confident, or forgot, but is there a way or option on the page to order a trial pack of some unscented pheros? I saw some stuff like that but it was mostly for scents, or scent phero blends, or it'd be the same phero with a lot of scents...unscented is importantt o me because as I said I have a crazy sense of smell and while I may even love a scent it can be too much for me to wear for extended periods.

I have no problem experimenting but I can't justify buying a few more big roll ons that don't work for me :(

Maybe I was either out of it, overly confident, or forgot, but is there a way or option on the page to order a trial pack of some unscented pheros? I saw some stuff like that but it was mostly for scents, or scent phero blends, or it'd be the same phero with a lot of scents...unscented is importantt o me because as I said I have a crazy sense of smell and while I may even love a scent it can be too much for me to wear for extended periods.

I have no problem experimenting but I can't justify buying a few more big roll ons that don't work for me :(

There aren't usually trial-sized unscented pheros.....most of us just buy whichever scent has the phero that we really want to try.....also check the trade threads, because you can get some good deals......or find somebody who may want to split a bottle with you......the pheros that have samplers are LAM/BAM and OCCO.....those are great blends to start with, BTW......also, start a trade thread! Somebody may want what you have!!!!

You might want to try the LAM/BAM samplers, because they are VERY lightly scented....

Edited by Dolly

That is a really helpful way of thinking about it, and so true. Also the reactions you get may not look like what the person is feeling. For example, I sometimes get an aggressive or aloof reaction out of men to cops, and I put it down to them getting turned on but since it's not appropriate to do anything about it they actually behave a bit nasty to try to "cover" what they're feeling. Doesn't mean it's not working.

Personally, I think that if you want to get a positive reaction from pheros and you're new at it, you really can't go wrong with androstenol (or something that is a blend with mostly androstenol like open windows) in an alcohol or 60:40 alcohol/oil base so you can get enough diffusion.

Also, I do think at least a little bit of scent is important. It is not just a matter of "covering up" the phero smell (which is often not needed unless copulins or androstenone are involved), but it is the physics of creating silage and making the silage last -- the top notes and base notes of the perfume help with this, and carry the phero molecules around.

You can order unscented pheros lightly scented (as opposed to boosting a full strength perfume with pheros), which might suit you if you do not like strong scents. Or, if you are still experimenting with the scents here, you could order an unscented phero (alcohol or alcohol/oil base) and later dump one sample vial into it. That would create a very light scent.

And finally, if you haven't tried LPMP perfumes, you might be in for a very pleasant surprise. They are concentrated but not strong in the same way that conventional perfumes tend to be. They tend to hang close around the body and diffuse just at the right rate so as not to overpower the wearer or other people around the wearer. They tend not to induce headaches and ill effects the way regular perfumes do to me and some other people, and in general they don't have that "can't get it out of my nose" reaction that I get everytime I open a fashion magazine or get attacked by perfume sprayers in department stores.

• 3 months later...

I have to second (or third? Eighth?) the suggestions for Open WIndows - such a great blend. I started out working with Swimming with Sharks with a wee bit o'the Open Windows to establish my competency at a new job. Once that happened, I just starting wearing the Open Windows. I actually roll it out from my neck, over my shoulder and down my arm, along that area between my bicep and tricep, because that's where most people's noses will be (looking over my shoulder).

There is a beautiful Open Windows scented perfume - is it Stealing Heaven? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Whichever scent has OW in it would be a good trial to see if you like the phero.

There is a beautiful Open Windows scented perfume - is it Stealing Heaven? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Whichever scent has OW in it would be a good trial to see if you like the phero.

Oh yes - I adore Stealing Heaven just for the smell - so clean and fresh and citrusy and just nice!! I haven't even really tested it for phero effects, I just wear it because I love the smell. Pheros are just a bonus on that one.