Mel's Tropical Love Bomb

I just wanted to begin my thread because this just got here, only I can't do a proper review as I have been burning incense and consequently I smell very smoky, and i am slathered in Truffle Luv!

Thanks for the fast turnaround though Mara and also the Jinx No More candle was a lovely thoughtful gift, I'm touched, thank you!

For anyone who is curious my notes were fig, tuberose and smoke. I will come back and write a proper review when my nose is clearer and I have washed the incense smoke off my hair!

I'm back, doing this in a rather backward manner! I applied some of this last night, and can say that the remnants of it in my inner elbow today are very clean, white floral, but not screechy, it certainly lasts. My friend came over last night and I asked him to sniff me. Very nice he says, bit spicy.

On immediate application, the tuberose is SUPER dominant, I wasn't sure I could smell the fig at first, but it is there. I applied something else with fig as a note and sniffed to compare, and was able to smell it then. I think perhaps I amp tuberose a lot, fig perhaps is not quite as capable of stamping down showy tuberose as pineapple is.

Fig-soft voice 'hey tuberose, can you perhaps, maybe, just move over a little, you're blocking my view'

Tuberose- 'hahahahaha, that would be no'

Pineapple-shoves Tuberose sideways and takes rightful position at tuberose's side.

sorry i realise that was a really misleading review. It was meant to say that fig is not as effective as the pineapple in tropical getaway is at stamping down tuberose. There is no pineapple in this just fig, and not egg as my phone keeps suggesting.

and not egg :rofl222: ... sounds interesting and like something that is really going to age and blend a lot over the next few weeks,or so.

I wore this this afternoon with the perfect match boost. I think it is sweetening slightly, and the Perfect Match fits it well I think. Checkout lady in the supermarket was really nice, then I had a nice chat with a lady who lives locally, who was even more friendly than usual.

Hey CinnamonMel! Glad to read you are enjoying your PE so much!

I love tuberose and I was tempted to give it a try, but something in the description made me think there was something smoky in it ...can´t remember what exactly, but something I read that gave me that idea, anyways, does it smell smokey or incensey in any way?

So no pinneaple...Just Tuberose+Fig and any sugar?

The smoke notes are very tricky because when you first add them they OVERPOWER EVERYTHING. I'm surprised you don't get any, because when I sent it I was afraid I'd used too much! The Fig I used was very syrupy and sweet, so, not looking at my notes, but I would have gone light on any additional sugars because of the inherent sweetness of the Fig.

It's a two person show right now, but the smoke maybe will come out later perhaps. It's all good though, it's not quite as I imagined but it's good on me and a great night time scent, perhaps more night time going-out type scent than I invisioned, my idea was maybe more dark in feel rather than a night perfume per se. This I can see wowing on a night out, it has great throw. I tend towards perfumes that stay closer to the skin a lot of the time, not by choice, I'd like them out-there more, that's just how it happens, this gets out there! Which isn't a bad thing.

I'll update again with my next wear, see how it's sitting on my skin by then. I just love tuberose, although the supposedly amazing queen of tuberose scents, Fracas, I found headachey and slightly nauseating and a bit of a let down given the hype. I'd rather wear this.