Bravado

Dolly

Ok, so today, my sweetie had to go home early to take care of some urgent matters.....at first, I was soooo sad, because I won't see him for over a week..... :TotakekeBannana: Then, I had a brilliant idea.....between tax returns that I am working on, I decided to start annointing myself with the various potions on several sniffing parts of my body......fun fun.... :banana010:

Bravado was one of the first I pulled out. It is really really nice. It conveys a real strength, yet is calming and protective....there is a smooth creaminess underneath the stronger woody notes.....I think that this would be a good one for work, when you are dealing with "less than cooperative" individuals....all-in-all, a beautiful scent.....nicely done ladies!! :D

ADDENDUM: After several hours, this one has dried to have a very "similar" feeling to LP Black. At least on me, it does.....resinous and dark, but creamy and sweet......

ADDENDUM: After several hours, this one has dried to have a very "similar" feeling to LP Black. At least on me, it does.....resinous and dark, but creamy and sweet......

Great review, I am so looking forward to getting all the new samples! I already have a perfect time picked out to wear this scent, thanks again Dolly!

This one quickly became one of my new favorite "comfort scents" and I already know I am going to have to order a back-up bottle. Like with Dolly, I get the creamy and sweet.

And, this layers well with Allegro, which is very "bright". The two together make for a powerful "feel good" effect

This one quickly became one of my new favorite "comfort scents" and I already know I am going to have to order a back-up bottle. Like with Dolly, I get the creamy and sweet.

And, this layers well with Allegro, which is very "bright". The two together make for a powerful "feel good" effect

Allegro has Androstenol in it also.....that is a happy, feel good pheromone.....

This is very much reminiscent of LP Black,with an herbaceous/woody tone to it.

I can definitely see that... I placed them on opposite arms to compare. For me, the texture of Bravado is different, like there is a layer to Bravado which Black doesn't have. I think it is the woody notes, which blend so nicely into the richness/creaminess. And, it truly does feel good!

I can definitely see that... I placed them on opposite arms to compare. For me, the texture of Bravado is different, like there is a layer to Bravado which Black doesn't have. I think it is the woody notes, which blend so nicely into the richness/creaminess. And, it truly does feel good!

Yeah, thats what I got from it too.....after several hours, if I put it side by side with Black, they smell almost exactly alike. This one is definitely a very nicely done scent......good compliment to the LP line!! :A002:

There's a couple of notes in common with black, namely patchouli and brown sugar, but actually, it's closer in ingredients to Spider Silk - I was thinking it would smell like *Spider Silk: DARK* when done, and that's what it's like on me.

I just put one on each hand too, and they smell really different to/on me. Bravado is more woody/powdery, and LP Black is like foody incense, but yeah, the deep resins are dominant in each.

I just put one on each hand too, and they smell really different to/on me. Bravado is more woody/powdery, and LP Black is like foody incense, but yeah, the deep resins are dominant in each.

Yeah, it's only after several hours on me that it morphs into an almost LP BLack.....up until then, they ARE very different......I love the woodiness that comes through in Bravado.....

I never got to smell Spider Silk....... :A002:

There's a couple of notes in common with black, namely patchouli and brown sugar, but actually, it's closer in ingredients to Spider Silk - I was thinking it would smell like *Spider Silk: DARK* when done, and that's what it's like on me.

Unfortunately, Spider Silk was before my Love Potion initiation (for which, I suppose, the appropriate anacronym is LPI? As in "that was before my LPI"). From everything I read, I think I would have enjoyed it very much.

I wanted to emphasize that, for me, Bravado FEELS so different from LP Black, both from the standpoint of scent and of evoked emotional response. When I compared the two of them, one on each arm, Bravado had that additional layer, that additional depth to the texture of the scent as I breathed it in. Bravado also makes me FEEL so good, so warmed and comforted, of being grounded and centered. The feeling is very similar to that of having meditated... I am oh- so-quickly becoming very addicted, in all positive ways, of course, to Bravado.

I can understand where the comparison between Bravado and LP Black arises, due to the common notes of patchouli and brown sugar... and while I like LP Black, my appreciation of Bravado is, like the scent itself for me, much deeper.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I am wearing Bravado today and it is definitely reminiscent of LP: Black, which is a good thing! At first it smelled really similar, but when I put the two next to each other the difference became apparent. Bravado doesn't have the thick resiny sweetness to it. Instead, Bravado is dry, warm, smooth, powdery woodiness with subtle sweetness and spices. :)

Edited by donthate

I am wearing Bravado today and it is definitely reminiscent of LP: Black, which is a good thing! At first it smelled really similar, but when I put the two next to each other the difference became apparent. Bravado doesn't have the thick resiny sweetness to it. Instead, Bravado is dry, warm, smooth, powdery woodiness with subtle sweetness and spices. :)

Isn't it a beauty? SO soft and warm and comforting!

• 1 month later...

This is a very dark scent. The wood comes out strongest on me when wet. It has an incense type feel. I can smell the musk and amber after it dries down. It has a dry powdery undertone to it. Definitely a more masculine scent than some of the others I have. I am enjoying it.

• 3 months later...

You guys make me want to go put on my Bravado...I think I'm going to go home and do that. It makes sense to me now. I LOVE Black and I LOVE Bravado. They must smell similar on me too. I'm going to try an experiment (non-scientific). I'll put Black on one side and Bravado on the other. If nothing else, I'll smell really good.

You guys make me want to go put on my Bravado...I think I'm going to go home and do that. It makes sense to me now. I LOVE Black and I LOVE Bravado. They must smell similar on me too. I'm going to try an experiment (non-scientific). I'll put Black on one side and Bravado on the other. If nothing else, I'll smell really good.

It's funny you should say this because I actually just ran out of my Black sample size (have my first full bottle on the way!) and I remember Bravado being similar so reached for that instead. I can't stop smelling my wrists! :Hug_emoticon:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really like the scent and love the intent... It does remind me of a woody Black. I think it's a little more masculine than LP Black, though it's def unisex.. I love this on my husband (it's his potion of the day today, via my sample) and I'm sure I'll be getting him a bottle. Would spike it w/ SS4M but then I couldn't wear-n-share it. Or, could I? For some sweeeeeeet dreams :lol:

PS to Sass, hope your day's going well :wink2:

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post...but I just started wearing bravado and it is sooooo lovely....It does have a calming and protective feel to it...the scent while different from LP black does have a likeness to it...though I can tell the difference...

this one also smells fabulous when layered with pure sugar... I wore this the other day and got so many wonderful compliments...two that particularly stand out was a lil girl from my church who hugged me and she said "you smell different...I said you you like it...she said, you smell pretty" another was my sweety...I was dressing in the other room and I put this on layered with sugar pure and it was smelling soooo good to me, but after about ten minutes he hollers in the room...what is that smell...so I said what does it smell like (I was about to panic) and he said you smell really sweet and pretty"

so it also has some good throw as well...but all throughout the day people complimented my perfume...

I shall have to get another bottle...It does make a great work scent also.

I just ordered another bottle of LP Black which I just discovered and love...had it boosted with Ail's Cuddlebunny 09

djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

I just ordered another bottle of LP Black which I just discovered and love...had it boosted with Ail's Cuddlebunny 09

Don't you just LOOOVE LP Black? I have it boosted with BI and Xtra cops....hehe....

Don't you just LOOOVE LP Black? I have it boosted with BI and Xtra cops....hehe....

Dolly My dear... you said I would love it and oh my oh my I do love LPBlack... even more than I ever did the LP Red...and it does layer with many of the scents so well...it is fabulous... I already had a bottle on the way from when I received somebody's sample(may have been yours.LOL) but then on this morning I ordered another boosted with the CB 09

So I am allowing you and the other ladies one "I told you so"...hehehe

djac

• 1 year later...

This turned bitter on me :Hug_emoticon: I don't get any sweet or creamy description like comments above?? Different Skin chemistry?? Oh and i got a LOT of incense!!! :P:o:O May be i will wait for a few days.... :lol: otherwise it will be on my trade post! :D

• 4 months later...

Bravado smells quite different from LP Black on me - it's far less sweet and syrupy (then again, I don't think LP Black worked on my skin the way it was intended to, so take this comment with a grain of salt!)

For some reason, this primarily reminds me of fallen leaves. It feels very autumnal to me, and just like a long walk in the woods in the fall, it has a calming and bracing effect. I wouldn't have minded smelling some incense in there like other reviewers did, but Bravado definitely gets points for intent!