Vintage Musk

Vintage Musk

A "super-custom" crafted for a client who mourned the loss of a favorite scent that has been lost to us since the 1970's. With just a sniff from an old bottle, we crafted our version for her, and she declared it better than the original! This musk has only the tiniest touch of sweetness and can be worn by both sexes - our client and her husband both wear it. Rounded edges, soft and easy to wear like well-worn cotton...comfortable, natural and cozy. Crafted of a 'cool' sort of musk paired with a non-foody vanilla, rounded with a dash of powdered sugar and a few drops of soft sandalwood.

OK, this is what I'm talkin' about!! I absolutely LOVE this!! The cool, cotton feel is so absolutely refreshing, but rich at the same time. The "cool" element of this musk is *almost* green, but not really. So hard to describe, but so completely perfect. It reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Sexy and familiar, like my lover's eyes. I want to bathe in this, and I might have to buy enough to do so!!

Vintage Musk

A "super-custom" crafted for a client who mourned the loss of a favorite scent that has been lost to us since the 1970's. With just a sniff from an old bottle, we crafted our version for her, and she declared it better than the original! This musk has only the tiniest touch of sweetness and can be worn by both sexes - our client and her husband both wear it. Rounded edges, soft and easy to wear like well-worn cotton...comfortable, natural and cozy. Crafted of a 'cool' sort of musk paired with a non-foody vanilla, rounded with a dash of powdered sugar and a few drops of soft sandalwood.

OK, this is what I'm talkin' about!! I absolutely LOVE this!! The cool, cotton feel is so absolutely refreshing, but rich at the same time. The "cool" element of this musk is *almost* green, but not really. So hard to describe, but so completely perfect. It reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Sexy and familiar, like my lover's eyes. I want to bathe in this, and I might have to buy enough to do so!!

That sounds amazing.Great review ^_^

Vintage Musk

GL, is this one like the old Jovan musk from yeeeearrrs ago? :w00t:

GL, is this one like the old Jovan musk from yeeeearrrs ago? :w00t:

I am trying to figure out if it is more like the Jovan or the Coty.....the Coty is the one I loved......still have some of it, but would love to have an LP substitute......if it is comparable, would definitely jump on it!

Edited by Dolly

I don't know!!??!! I didn't use either of them, maybe Mara can give us a clue...

LOL....well, I never did care for the Jovan one....it reacted badly with my skin.....but the Coty one is my fave musk ever.....

I shall have to live through you ladies. I can't wear musk. I always give in and try but it just sits on my skin. I smiled though when I read the words "Jovan and Coty" musk. I sooo remember those from my girlhood days. I didn't know jack about fragrance then and I'm sure they smelled plain awful on me !

Ejnoy the musks. I really like the labels. I can't wait to read the review on the third one.

This is more akin to the Coty.

We did a take on the Jovan years ago - I assembled the ingredients but had Danna brew it because the ingredients gave me a massive headache for some reason, maybe the soapiness or type of sandalwood - our version was called Gemini. We did that specifically because people were asking for a Jovan-style musk back then.

Really? That is so cool! My mum used to wear Coty all the time when I was growing up. She *loves* that scent, but can't find it anymore, and has stopped wearing any kind of perfume. I hope there's some left when I'm ready to order. I'd love to get her bottle. She'd be so excited! :D

We did a take on the Jovan years ago - I assembled the ingredients but had Danna brew it because the ingredients gave me a massive headache for some reason, maybe the soapiness or type of sandalwood - our version was called Gemini. We did that specifically because people were asking for a Jovan-style musk back then.

Gemini didn't set too well with my skin either.....

BUT, I love the old Coty musk, so now I just HAD TO go in and order some of the vintage!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really nice. It has an almost-floral undertone, very sweet and light.

However, I don't get as much of the Coty "Wild Musk" vibe as I do the old Bonnie Bell "Skin Musk". And, there is one main reason that I know the difference! No, I was not a "musk ho" in my teens! LOL Actually, in the late 70s/early 80s, when musks were so popular in the commercial perfume field, my grandmother wasn't fond of the Wild Musk I used to wear, but she did like the Skin Musk.

So, for those of you who want a lighter, sweet musk scent, you HAVE TO have this!!

This is really nice. It has an almost-floral undertone, very sweet and light.

However, I don't get as much of the Coty "Wild Musk" vibe as I do the old Bonnie Bell "Skin Musk". And, there is one main reason that I know the difference! No, I was not a "musk ho" in my teens! LOL Actually, in the late 70s/early 80s, when musks were so popular in the commercial perfume field, my grandmother wasn't fond of the Wild Musk I used to wear, but she did like the Skin Musk.

So, for those of you who want a lighter, sweet musk scent, you HAVE TO have this!!

OMG!! That must be the Skin Musk I referred to in my Coconut Breeze review that my mom wore when I was little!!! How cool!! Thank you Dolly...I will get at least a small bottle of this and give it to my mom if it doesn't work on me. And get more for her if she still likes it! (which I doubt as she is an entirely different person by now!!)

To be honest Vintage was my least favorite out of the musk's. It went soapy, it smells like perfumed soap with my chemistry. I also get perfumed talc.

Edited by Lexy

To be honest Vintage was my least favorite out of the musk's. It went soapy, it smells like perfumed soap with my chemistry. I also get perfumed talc.

Skin chemistry can be a very strange thing! On me, it is not soapy at all.....just a soft warm scent......

• 1 month later...

I tried this today, I'm not sure if I'll like it. To me, there is no soapy smell but a rather sharp one. There is one note piercing into my nose. I can't figure out which one it is. I think I'll wear it for a longer time to allow the scent to settle on my skin. Let's see, how it will morph.

A lot of the white musk perfumes everyone likes here go sharp and piercing to my nose too, but not with this one for me either!! I get a load of sandalwood which I really like.

This is very soothing and comfy like Lynn said.

I got the small bottle and I know I will wear it more in the cooler months but I don't feel a real need for any more. I hope I don't change my mind when it is gone.

I'm trying to figure out if I should try the little Exotic Musk one now since this one worked out for me. This one was a bit of a risk, never knowing how musk is going to go on me.

Pleasantly surprised I was!!

For me I think it was that "cool" ingredient or effect that didn't agree with me. I can smell the nice sandalwood musk underneath it, but something goes a bit perfume-y on me, wonder if it has a flower note? For me what makes a perfume smell old ladyish is when they are heavy on the florals, especially rose, it reminds me of those old school perfumed talcs that my grandma used to wear, or those heavy perfumed creams. But different stokes for different folks, there's beauty in having different tastes.

I LOVE the idea of a sweet musk, sandalwood, vanilla and sugar though, That's probably going to be my first PE. Maybe add a bit of Tonka bean and/or sweet pipe tobacco.

Edited by Lexy

• 2 weeks later...

WTF? I was sure I just posted here. Anyway, I was saying this is very similar to BodaciouS Musk, which I love, and I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference except this is maybe just a little heavier. I still love it though. Who ever knew I would love musks so much??

For me I think it was that "cool" ingredient or effect that didn't agree with me. I can smell the nice sandalwood musk underneath it, but something goes a bit perfume-y on me, wonder if it has a flower note? For me what makes a perfume smell old ladyish is when they are heavy on the florals, especially rose, it reminds me of those old school perfumed talcs that my grandma used to wear, or those heavy perfumed creams. But different stokes for different folks, there's beauty in having different tastes.

I LOVE the idea of a sweet musk, sandalwood, vanilla and sugar though, That's probably going to be my first PE. Maybe add a bit of Tonka bean and/or sweet pipe tobacco.

This is a tad perfume-y on me at first too. But it growing on me more and more.

The girl at the convenience store threw her hands in the air and exclaimed "You smell freakin awesome!!" I'm in there constantly and she rarely acknowledges me so that was fun.

Your PE sounds good to me. I would buy. Love sandalwood, ,tonka, tobacco...

They are different Beccah, Bodacious if more floral, like a much better smelling version than that Caress pink body soap, it's very nice, think of a more floral Sneaky Clean. And Vintage is more musky, that warm close to the skin musk. If he likes more sultry scents he might like Exotic Musk more, imho. ....Get both, I have them all and don't regret buying any of them, they are all very nice.

Edited by Lexy

My male friend and lover of N.of Delight declared that this is just like D&G for men. That's going off his memory. I haven't recently smelled either.

So I texted my BFF Nic "Have you ever smelled D&G for Men?" He wrote back "Are you crazy? It's all I wear." He lives in FL so I can't smell him but I told him I think I was perhaps wearing a similar ladies perfume called "Vintage Musk" and a picture of the label and he called me in excitement and declared the designer of that label a pure genius!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I ordered this unsniffed, one of the small bottles... I love it! It is so pretty. I think it will be great for summer. On me, it's cool, soft and sweet. I can even see layering it with other scents to lighten them up. Oooh, I bet it would be fantastic with OCCO Blue!

• 3 weeks later...
However, I don't get as much of the Coty "Wild Musk" vibe as I do the old Bonnie Bell "Skin Musk"

Yeah me too, this is really near-neutral on me once it dries down. It's perfect to wear anytime because it's so sheer, but somewhat less sweet than French Musk. It's a little pointy on me at first, but settles down very quickly.