Passion & Envy

Gabylicious

AD-PassionEnvy-LovePotion.jpg

Passion & Envy

This fragrance will make others passionately green with envy! It's been said that the deepest emotions are always the ones which clash hardest. Love and hate, joy and sorrow...and to this we add a new combination, with our scented tribute to emotional delirium of the most extravagant kind! A desirable heart of passionfruit and a peaches-and-cream accord is provoked with a whisper of tangy baby pink roses and a tart slap of green linden and lime EOs. It's High Drama, it's All or Nothing, it's Passion and Envy...so wear it very carefully indeed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PASSION FRUIT ~ Friendship, love, passion.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage.
Longevity, wishes granted.
BABY PINK ROSES ~
Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts
affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
LINDEN/LIME ~ Healing, love, protection. Strong protective force, attracts love, immortality, luck, restful properties.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A clash of Scent Titans! Passionate Maracuya and envious peachy roses make this a truly powerful fruity-floral…It is simply stunning!

It opens with a splash of refreshing and intense Maracuya, immediately followed by a fleshy peach that competes head to head with the tangy roses.... The peach and the baby roses play around and tease each other, but Passion Fruit is always at the top. Overall, it feels very exotic, tropical and luscious...

I do get grapefruity facets from the Maracuya and the combination of peach and roses is extremely fleshy and sensuous...I honestly can´t pick out lime and green tea, but I do get some of the cream towards dry down.

It is not an overly complex scent, but I love its genuine simplicity! IMO the cute dragon on the label doesn´t make this potion any justice, to me wearing this is like walking on a Brazilian tropical rainforest ...Yes, it makes me feel like a young, yet womanly Amazon Warrior chick, proud and powerful!

At first this is all fluffy peaches and cream, when a more sophisticated aspect begins to weave its way through. Sometimes peach can go completely sweet on me but here the passionfruit along with the linden and lime give it a tartness to balance it out. I get a soft hint of rose, and while I don't pick out green tea specifically it's probably contributing to the tangy aspect. Katz, hmmm....I don't know that it would cover cops all the way, it's a lighter and airier scent at least on me, but maybe if you layered it with something like A Lick of Cream? Just a thought.

This smells good. A little bit got on my finger when I opened the vial & I was sniffing it intensely trying to figure out why the scent is so familiar. Then it came to me! My nose is interpreting it the same as Victoria Secret's Love Spell, well a similar feel anyway. I never liked that one though, because it came off as artificial & sickeningly sweet to my nose. The differences between this potion & Victoria's Secret is much like the difference between a Hansen's cane soda & a aspartame sweetened diet soda.

Edited by Beccah

Wow this is fuzzy, it's so much a ripe peach it's like you can almost touch the fuzziness. I do get a sense of the passion fruit, but it's mainly peach at the beginning. This is a really cheery, fun and summery scent, I like it a lot. If you like Premeditated Passion you will like this also.

Oooh la-la! Can't wait to try this one~ do you think it would cover either cops or UN-Lace?

Hey Katz! I have EoW, I´ll try them and see how they work out together, and get back to you....But UN Lace I think it would cover it perfectly well...

I forgot to say this on my description, but P&E goes a long way, it lasts for a long time on me and I love its nice difussion....

This is a huge fruit bomb on me! OMG, I love it! The passion fruit and peach really meld together, and as it dries down, I get a tiny touch of lime running across the top, and then lovely green tea. It's so fruity and pretty I really need a full bottle of this. Really, really, I do! :D

Wow this is tangy!

It makes me think a bit of Passion in Pink but primarily it's a perfect blend of the passionfruit and lime...I get a bit of the rose but that's about it, otherwise it's just that bright fruit aura. I'd actually prefer this kind of thing in b&b because it's a great pick-me-up kind of scent, appropriate for a morning shower.

I agree Luna, I *love* the first bright hit of this...in the vial it made me go "oh WOW!" Wearing it, it's not got the same impact - whichever note I adore wet, disappears rather quickly on me, and later I've got a nice softened fruity summer scent. I think a scrub or some such would be AMAAAAZING!

I get brightness, then the soft summer fruits and a touch of light rose,does not stay strong on me either but have a feeling it will age really well :)

The opening on this for me on skin is uber intense passionfruit and peach, the lime is definitely there, and as it softens the cream and roses are coming through. If only I could find something as delish as this to drink it'd be the impossibly juicy juice that I have always searched for....

IMO the cute dragon on the label doesn´t make this potion any justice, to me wearing this is like walking on a Brazilian tropical rainforest ...

Maybe that's a more jungle-appropriate iguana. LOL

I appreciate when people starting a review thread include the notes-- very handy! thank you Gaby and everyone else who does it.

In the vial, there's the bursting juiciness of the passionfruit. I put it on and true to luna's description, I was drenched in and hugged by sweet passionfruit syrup, AND shivved by the linden/lime, at the same time :lol: It wasn't unpleasant, just VERY ....bracing. Made me forget/ not need coffee, seriously.

Those of you who have sensitive skin... mine isn't always, but I've been in allergy hell for a couple days which makes me temporarily sensitive to everything -- the application spots turned bright red and burned for a few minutes after application. I'm guessing it's the linden/lime because I have never reacted to any of the other ingredients. It did calm down and is fine now, all HAPPEEEEE PASSIONFRUIT. I don't get the roses literally but that must be what is giving it a really bright edge.

Edited by tyvey

I appreciate when people starting a review thread include the notes-- very handy! thank you Gaby and everyone else who does it.

I CONCUR!!!! I keep forgetting to mention this but it is so convenient especially if you got the scent late (when the collection has moved on) so you don't have to hunt around!!!

I adore this one! It totally reminds me of Passion in Pink! It has the same girly cutesy air about it with a summery twist! It's so bright and tarty. I get sugared pink roses and lime with a teensy bit of cream. OMG this is PINKBERRY!!! Pinkberry FRO YO on your skin!! it's perfect!

• 5 months later...

That would be an interesting experiment. I bought this scent when they were newly released and the peach was not as prominent, I was testing the scent out a couple of weeks ago and the peach and lime were at the forefront for me, which sucks because peach does something weird on my skin. The peach aged in this one, so this is better suited for someone that can do peach. I am going to wait again before I test it out, and hopefully the roses come back ; (

• 2 months later...

I put a BIG dot of P&E on my wrist a little while ago, and WOW!!! I loved it before, when it was all tart and peachy. I love it even more now! There's a creaminess to it now, that I don't really recall sensing before, and it's amazing! This has always been on my wish list, but I think it just got a huge bump toward the top! I can't get over how beautifully Passion & Envy is aging! I'm very excited about it! Can you tell by all my exclamation points? Just WOW!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was so excited to discover his sniffee this morning as it matched my mood upon application. I wanted something tart and a bit fruity. I got the passion fruit and lime and it felt like a win for sure. It felt fresh, tart and cool, all at the same time. I did get a very wee bit of rose but it was so far in the background I didn't pay it any attention.

Then I get to work and the rose starts creeping up. It started with a whisper and now it is as strong as when I tried Passion In Pink. So super cloyingly sweet that I could gag. I so loved it at first but the rose won the war of conflicting scents. I will try searching for a different refreshing lime dominant scent.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yum yum. I saw this thread go active a couple weeks ago, and it was a lovely surprise to discover a sample of this in my most recent order! I'm not usually big on foody/sweet scents, but this is SO DELICIOUS I WANT TO LICK MY ARM.

This smells so tart and happy. I don't know if I get most of the notes; on my skin, it's very very passionfruit-y. Sometimes I thiiiiiink I get a little peach, or maybe a little cream. Oh jeebus, this is literally making my mouth water. It reminds me a lot of my favorite passionfruit candy, made by a small artisan shop that I will now have to go visit as soon as humanly possible.

I'm not sure how I would handle this as an all-the-time scent. But this is a fantastic appetite-trigger-er. Erm. Not that my appetite needs triggering. But I can see, if I was feeling getting over a cold and feeling blah, this would be the perfect thing to put on.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not the type to comment about notes for I don't have much experience in identifying them. I just smell something and attach them to a certain sensation, or perhaps an abstract description.

Since I started wearing this, almost everyone, who came into our room at work would comment, "Your room smells so good!"

At first I thought it was just because our room is so small, but when we moved to a larger room and we had at least 20 people in it, someone asked whether we sprayed or lit something in the room. In fact, before she left, she became quite emotional and said, "The smell here reminds me so much of home. Thank you so much!"

It would have been enough for me if it was a diffused smell that made the whole area smell good. I thought the scent couldn't be traced back to me. But when I would pass by, quite a few people would go, "You smell awesome!" And when I would join a group of people, after some small talk, someone would randomly say, "Someone smells good in here..." and they would start sniffing.

A little goes a long way, and it lasts the whole day for me. Some scents are gone by midday, but this one I can still smell even while showering at night. It has great staying power and most people love the smell.

I know two people who don't seem to like it though. One girl said that our room smelled like Play-Doh and she didn't like it, and this was during the time everyone else was complimenting the smell of our room. One guy said, "Someone smells like a candle shop and I don't like it," It depends from person to person.

With that said, I love Passion & Envy. So far, this is my favourite scent. It makes me sad that this is limited edition and I feel like one day it will just be gone.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I just can't decide about this one. I love all the ingredients except peach. The passionfruit/lime is so tart and juicy. The peach lends a fleshiness but I just don't like it. The roses are sweet and in the moderate zone. I'm going to wear this for awhile longer but I think I'll be sticking to Pizzazz for my passionfruit/rose/lime fix.

• 1 year later...

Mmmm I really like this! I'm getting peaches and passion fruit with lots of zing from the lime. The rose is givin a slight powder like feel, I think it's keeping the lime in check for me. It's very sweet but smooth too. The peaches and cream are giving off a "fuzziness" that I really like! It kind of smells like a cocktail!

Edited by hearts

I know, isn't this one awesome? Whenever I smell this, I see the most beautiful shade of creamy pinky peach in my minds eye. Bright beautiful color! I can't add a whole lot to what has been said on this one. Its a nice morpher on me, not many stages, but it starts out all juicy and bright,like Tvey said;bracing is a perfect adjective. Then it mellows out and gets all creamy rose, still with a blush of passion fruit. The peach is reading as mango to me for whatever reason. Not much linden, just a little on top.

This lasts all day and more and throws its weight around real well. I do love this on its own, but sometimes I layer YSL Babydoll over it, Sparkly..

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 3 years later...

I love this one. Absolutely love it. I'd get back up bottles if they were still available. It smells the same in the bottle as it does on my skin. It's tart and tropical, very juicy and fresh. After a couple of hours another dimension comes in as it develops a creamy, almost vanilla side. That just supplements the notes that are already there as they steadily continue. It's so delicious! The scent lasts a long time and stays strong throughout. I have to be careful not to put too much on because this one doesn't fade at all. Its strength also helps it cover pheros really well. I just cannot say enough good things about this scent. It is one of my favorites.

• 4 years later...
On 5/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, greenappletart said:

I love this one. Absolutely love it. I'd get back up bottles if they were still available. It smells the same in the bottle as it does on my skin. It's tart and tropical, very juicy and fresh. After a couple of hours another dimension comes in as it develops a creamy, almost vanilla side. That just supplements the notes that are already there as they steadily continue. It's so delicious! The scent lasts a long time and stays strong throughout. I have to be careful not to put too much on because this one doesn't fade at all. Its strength also helps it cover pheros really well. I just cannot say enough good things about this scent. It is one of my favorites.

It's been years for me since I've worn this scent, but I can almost smell it from your description. I don't know what was in this that gave it such good staying power and strength, but I was amazed of its longevity because I could smell it for the whole day. I thought I might still have a bottle of this somewhere but apparently not. I hope this comes back!