Mango Tango

Raq On

Mango Tango

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage.
Longevity, wishes granted.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection.
Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
GRAPEFRUIT ~
Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour.

Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
HYDRANGEA ~ Hex breaking.
LILY ~ Purity, modesty.
Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.
BROWN SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Le Wizard, how did you make a fresh fruit smell so warm on skin??? I was intrigued by this one because I received sniffee of Tyvy's Mango-ish with one of my orders and tried it. So when I saw this, I had to give it a whirl.

Now fruit is not my thing even more than florals (sorry, poor grammar), but at fist application this went on very smooth and warm. Have you ever had fresh fruit in a bowl on your counter to ripen and on a warm summer day with the window open you walk by your fruit bowl and catch just a faint whiff of the ripe fruit? That's what this is like. Very light and distinctively mango. Not at all sugary or fake like the air fresheners dangling from the rear view mirror. Nope, this is ever so slightly citrusy but just a whisper. The dominant notes on me are the Mango, peach and papaya. After a couple hours I did get some blackberry and amber threatened to rear its ugly head (ambers don't agree with me) but thankfully those notes behaved themselves and kept in the background. I didn't get any lily or musk, just the brighter, citrus and fruit notes. I do think that the amber and musk add to the warmth of the scent helping it to blend with one's warm skin and not just sit on top of it and smell artificial.

Well done Le Wizard

I loooooooooove this in the vial, but my skin isn't loving the sandalwood. :huh: It's amping it to high Heaven, even overtaking mango, papaya, and peach, I'm gonna have to revisit. Normally sandalwood really works for me. Not giving up!!!

This is a lovely, refreshing potion. My nose is interpreting this fruit/floral combo as a light, refreshing fruit tea. I can smell the mango, but it's not cloying (as it can tend to be), it is light & delicious, like a mango iced tea. Well done, Le Wiz.

Edited by Beccah

Beautifully done, Le Wiz! This is indeed a sensual Tango dance between mango and the floral notes...

I love mango in my perfumes and this is the most posh and sensual mango I´ve tried...

I get fresh mango, but not the ripe juicy kind, but another kind entirely...Maybe it is the floral notes (hydrangea and honeysuckle) that tame the usual ripeness I get from mangoes, but I get an uber elegant mango here, very sensual and perfect for evening wear IMO...

I couldn´t pick out most of the other notes, but the second time I applied it I got more of the floral notes dancing their tango on my skin, maybe some hints of blackberry....This one will age beautifully!

It has a nice longevity and projection as well...

Edited by Gabylicious

How interesting Blue Bear. I wish I'd amp the spices a bit more. I notice I can wear these fruity scents very rarely but if there are spice notes in them then that's the only reason I can wear them. So interesting how we are all so different.

I adore every one of the flowers in the blend IRL, but WET, something about their combo with the mango really knocked this sideways for me, took it in a very oddly false, Perfumey direction. :/ I accuse the hydrangea. Weird b/c I the LP fruit+florals are usually among my faves (LP spring, perty flirty). BUT! Now that it's good and dried down, it's all mango and some amber and the florals are just quietly backing it up. It unexpectedly has a VERY youthful vibe IMO, like, picnicking and running alongside a creek kind of feel.

I don't know what to say about this one. It's not a big, dripping, juicy mango. It's a forcibly tamed, well-behaved mango. Like a grown-up tomboy stuck in a dress for a special occasion. I absolutely love this. I was afraid of the flowers. I'll admit it. But not anymore. The first words out of my mouth when I put this on were, "This is so me." This is the kind of scent I would wear when I'm stuck in a dress for a special occasion. :D Love it.

I didn't review this last night thinking my nose was perhaps broken by the time I got round to this. I don't think it was broken. To be fair to the perfume this is the main one of this month I instantly thought would not appeal to me upon reading the scent descriptions and I was right. I can't exactly even pick out the notes, it's vaguely sweet and fruity but fairly muted and smudgy in feel. It smells a bit like deodorant, teen deodorant, a hint of fruit and hint of floral and I can't give much more of an impression than that I am afraid. Anyone want to swap?!

This is so pretty, with the combination of the floral and fruit aspects, especially in the drydown for me as it's a sweet peachy floral. I think I would wear it every so often, it melds very nicely with my chemistry.

This is not what I expected,much deeper,complex... the floral is so well partnered,gives it a very classy,yet still playful feeling :)

Not really a spicy foody Calii scent,but this is going to a favorite of many...nice,Le Wiz,very nice :)

This is so juicy and refreshing and SEXY! I have never thought of Mango being sexy, but this one is!

Wow, It's sensual and ripe and smells AMAZING! I want to drink chardonnay and wear this with some heels and red lipstick.

It has that sexy, summery, vibe, that again reminds me of my recent vacation. I have ordered a FB because you guys managed to capture my vacation in this month's New Releases. I had a blast and want to remember it all year long until my next trip!

Excellent Job El W. My Swiss Bank is upset, but I am very very happy :mermaid:

This was obviously very mango on first sniff, but I got something else similar to orange - looking at the note list I'm not sure what that is. It smells lovely in the vial, a little sharp on my skin at first, and then dries down to plump, full, fresh fruits, gaining a burst of sweetness after a few minutes but still staying fairly quiet, sticking close to the skin. Another lovely fruity scent.

• 8 months later...

Floral scents never work on me but I had to give this a try. I love the mango smell out of the vial; however, once on my skin I'm only getting the honeysuckle which is surprising me because it's not making me sick and I'm actually enjoying it. It's reminding me of my long walks in downtown Long Beach, when the Honeysuckle is in full bloom! It's a nice spring scent.

• 1 month later...

I feel like my skin chemistry makes blackberry turn a bit funky on me..like sticky moldy blackberries. Not Mango Tango.This is delightful! I didn't like it at first, but I'm glad I have rediscovered this gem! You know when someone passes by and their scent lingers behind them? This is the overall impression with whispers of mango. I imagine a flirty and carefree tanguerra spun by to leave a billowy trail of sweet nothings. Mango Tango is fruity fresh with soft florals dancing through. I'm so glad to be back to this wonderful olfactory adventureland!

• 4 months later...

I just wore Mango Tango out last night to -- of all things, go tango dancing. I had a lovely eventing and never was without a dance partner! This sent is light yummy. It worked well with the oh so close body to body dancing of the evening!

• 4 months later...

This is so pretty! It's bright, refreshing and sweet. This is not a dripping ripe mango, but a fresh unripe one. The florals somehow make the fruits not so syrupy sweet. The drydown is pretty soft yet crisp and fresh. I just discovered this one and I think I'll use it a lot this spring/summer. It's perfectly girly, but just lush and flirty and playful. It reminds me of spring break, vacations, etc. A fruity-floral win!

• 4 months later...

I'm with hearts and Eggers on this one-- the mango is noticeable, but understated rather than the bold, juicy note you might expect. Sandalwood was a teeny bit shrill, but it eased up over time. Mango Tango isn't overtly floral, and most of the notes roll together smoothly. It's a very palatable scent; I don't think I could find too many people who would object to the way this smells on me. Not an insta-fave, but it's a keeper.

• 2 months later...

This a very nice, warm, soft, smooth, lovely, understated, youthful, pretty, pleasant, yummy, summery fragrance. A sensual tango between the fruits & the florals, with the fruits taking the lead. It's in my Top Five favorite fragrances from LPMP.

• 7 months later...

Oooh, I really like this one! I tried it yesterday. Mmmm--it's similar to peach in that fresh fruity smell, but unlike peach notes, this doesn't turn plasticky on my skin. I really like it a lot. And I'm pleased to see it's not sold out yet! Hmmm, I might have to think about a FB of this if it's still available when I order next.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I get mostly mango and peach from this one. I think I can pick out the raspberry a little. Something also smells like pineapple to me initially, then it kinda starts to smell like sour apple, which is strange since there is no pineapple or apple in this one. I can almost feel the sour bite of tart fruit on my tongue. Further into the dry down the tartness dies down and the only fruit scents still detectable to me are a more gentle mango and peach. The florals stay in the background, and the only one I can really pick out is a bit of honeysuckle under the fruitiness. I like this one much more when it's dried down than when its wet or in the bottle. I don't feel compelled to buy a FB of this one, but it is a nice summery scent.

Edited by Juliana