Grow A Pear

luna65

I am a pear lover, pear perv, pear slut...what I'm trying to say is that I loves me some pear, chile!

Sugared Pears had always been my benchmark of pear excellence in Mara's library and Unwrapped came close to that same beautiful quality, but if you enjoy/desire the fresh pear aura, this is IT. It's not as sugary as the other two fragrances, not overly sweet, it's got just a bit of tart - almost green - bite to it, which adds to the realistic quality. It's compulsively sniffable and so incredibly happy-making...ZOMG TRU LUV! Given how difficult it is to craft such an exact olfactory experience, much love and respect to Da Mawa, who knows how to do it right, y'all.

I am a pear lover, pear perv, pear slut...what I'm trying to say is that I loves me some pear, chile!

Sugared Pears had always been my benchmark of pear excellence in Mara's library and Unwrapped came close to that same beautiful quality, but if you enjoy/desire the fresh pear aura, this is IT. It's not as sugary as the other two fragrances, not overly sweet, it's got just a bit of tart - almost green - bite to it, which adds to the realistic quality. It's compulsively sniffable and so incredibly happy-making...ZOMG TRU LUV! Given how difficult it is to craft such an exact olfactory experience, much love and respect to Da Mawa, who knows how to do it right, y'all.

I agree. I sniffed the vial & I was like ERMAHGERD PEAR! Very yummy scent & I believe any chica that went to high school in the 90s is going to get a flashback ;)

:(

I officially give up on pear + my skin ever getting along.

As usual, on my skin, from wet through dry, it comes off as Very Perfumey, like an intense flower, the way (real) gardenias or night blooming jasmine punch you in the face.

In the vial this (like all LPs with pear in them) smells brightly, greenly, delicious pear-y.

Then I put it on and it turns into this huge white fussy flower.

TRAGIQUE

Edited by tyvey

*strikes tragic pose and weeps for tyvey*

I was thinking today that this reminds me the most of Michelle's Cop-A-Pear, which I know a lot of people didn't get to try. Intense realistic pear. This is one which could be layered with something sweeter if you wanted, to make it a little more girly.

I heartily concur, get thee to a nommery!!

Yes, Beccah that's what I'm afraid of, I don't want to flash back to the Pear Glace of my misspent youth! :)

Ohhh, MDC, I need to sample Unwrapped ASAP....

Grow a pear starts out a bit like a jolly rancher candy, but this glossy candied quality shakes off and it settles down really fast to a more realistic pear and I get some of the amber peeking through. During the opening it did remind me of Pear Glace, but like I said it settles and evolves into sugared pears. I don´t get any papaya or honey. It is very pretty and I like it, but honestly I´m not crazy about it, I wish the honey would shine more on me...

It is a fruity scent with a nice longevity and average projection.

This is perfect for summer. Fresh, juicy pear thats way realistic smelling with just a little honey in the background. It's ver light but lasts a long time on the skin. It does have something about it that reminds me of pear glace. But once it's settled it's all sweet sugary/honey pear. I usually can't wear honey.. But this honey is wearable for me :) yay!

Initially this smelled almost manly on me. Or maybe I expected a lot of manly notes to come out. I've been waiting for about an hour and a half for some kind of manly-man's-man thing to come about, but it hasn't. This is simply juicy pears and honey, all feminine and pretty. I like the "weight" of it - very light, but not so light that I have to search for the scent. Very pretty.

I heartily concur, get thee to a nommery!!

Yes, Beccah that's what I'm afraid of, I don't want to flash back to the Pear Glace of my misspent youth! :)

No worries, it is as if Pear Glace grew up & stopped wearing too much makeup, got rid of the skater jeans & Dr. Martin's. Much like us ;)

No worries, it is as if Pear Glace grew up & stopped wearing too much makeup, got rid of the skater jeans & Dr. Martin's. Much like us ;)

Um, Beccah? I still have my Docs... :blushing: they can pry those off when I die!! I'm going to test this out tomorrow...

Initially this smelled almost manly on me. Or maybe I expected a lot of manly notes to come out.

I'm wondering why? I ask because it's just fruit and honey notes so I'm curious.

I'm not really sure why. Perhaps I've smelled a men's cologne with pear notes? There's something about the smell of pear that always makes my brain jump to the conclusion that pear should be accompanied by manly types of spices. When I took the first sniff, I felt a really strong sense of anticipation, waiting for those notes to come about. But they didn't. And I'm glad. :)

Um, Beccah? I still have my Docs... :blushing: they can pry those off when I die!! I'm going to test this out tomorrow...

K, Docs are still alright, but if you're still wearing JNCO jeans we need to talk missy :001_302:

There's something about the smell of pear that always makes my brain jump to the conclusion that pear should be accompanied by manly types of spices.

Have you tried Mistress Christmas? Because that might lead you to your original conclusion. :)

I think I'm going to try layering my sample with some EoW to see how this does with cops. I bet it will be yummy.

Have you tried Mistress Christmas? Because that might lead you to your original conclusion. :)

Hmm... Why no, I haven't. I suppose I should mosey on over to the sample page! Thank you Luna! :)

i've only tried mistress christmas as a cream sample but i loved it. Yum! It was even more lovely for being a cream in that that kind of scent is something i like in a cream more than i enjoy it as a perfume. I am still tempted to get some one day though, but the cream mmmm! I wore grow a pear today with antique musk, it was good.

I'm not really sure why. Perhaps I've smelled a men's cologne with pear notes? There's something about the smell of pear that always makes my brain jump to the conclusion that pear should be accompanied by manly types of spices. When I took the first sniff, I felt a really strong sense of anticipation, waiting for those notes to come about. But they didn't. And I'm glad. :)

I know why. It's because pears resemble nut sacks. They really do. The label made me think of that. Twin sacs.

Although this does not smell manly to me.. I love and adore this.. It's tropical juicy pear of heaven on me.

I keep reapplying because I do not want this smell to ever leave my wrists. It's juicy, it's crisp, it's the summer cousin of Unwrapped.

I can almost taste the summer in this.

I am so going to layer this with Special D right now so I can die at my desk with my thousand emails at work, and I am going to write a note for my boss. It's going to say..

Special Delivery : Grow a Pear.

I know why. It's because pears resemble nut sacks. They really do. The label made me think of that. Twin sacs.

Although this does not smell manly to me.. I love and adore this.. It's tropical juicy pear of heaven on me.

I keep reapplying because I do not want this smell to ever leave my wrists. It's juicy, it's crisp, it's the summer cousin of Unwrapped.

I can almost taste the summer in this.

I am so going to layer this with Special D right now so I can die at my desk with my thousand emails at work, and I am going to write a note for my boss. It's going to say..

Special Delivery : Grow a Pear.

Ha! One question though, won't the pear lose it's identity in with the chocolate cherry?

Thanks for that lovely mental image...now I'm going to wear my Grow a Pear and think of balls. I know the name suggests it but now... all sweaty testicle, all the time :P

Actually, think more of an upside down pear to get the true manly symbolism . ;)

Hmm... as always pear just doesn't work well to my nose. The only pear I have loved was Maxine's Tarty Spiced Pear. This one just goes a little medicinal, like cough syrup on my skin. However I will admit it gets nicer after drydown, and it is one of the sweeter pear smells I have tried. I might keep it just for the purpose of wearing around C1, to try to give him a subliminal message!! :P

• 2 months later...

Very nice juicy pear, captures and extendes that moment when you bite into one and the taste and smell are in your nose and mouth. 5 minutes in and it's getting softer. It stayed soft for the next few hours, and now it's gone.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Yum! I have a bit of excess shea butter scent on me from my lotion, but Grow a Pear melds with it very nicely. i'm getting a peary skin musk feel. yep! at first it's very juicy. the honey was more prominent than i was expecting, but it is still ALL about the pear. it's so..natural.. for lack of a better term. it's just right. not too sweet. well balanced. i feel like i could very well be a pear because it's so natural. i'm not sure if i'm making sense at all. i apologize if i don't because i am very sleep deprived.

I normally don't eat pears., they are not my favorite fruit, and normally I don't like them in fragrance either, or thought I did before LP.

However, I love all of LPS pear scents. They smells sooo good. This one is so juicy but has a fresh candied type of vibe. Like it's dripping in melting candy. I love it!

Yum! I have a bit of excess shea butter scent on me from my lotion, but Grow a Pear melds with it very nicely. i'm getting a peary skin musk feel. yep! at first it's very juicy. the honey was more prominent than i was expecting, but it is still ALL about the pear. it's so..natural.. for lack of a better term. it's just right. not too sweet. well balanced. i feel like i could very well be a pear because it's so natural. i'm not sure if i'm making sense at all. i apologize if i don't because i am very sleep deprived.

Yep - I get what you mean! I tried to explain the same thing when I smelled my first fruity LP. It actually smells like what it's supposed to smell like! Sounds daft and obvious, but it is so true!