976-GIRL

Dolly

AD-976Girl.jpg

976-GIRL

Mmmmm....the fragrance equivalent of the ahhhhh, so sexy voice... Captivate him with the seductive aroma of Baltic Amber, Black Musk, Middle Eastern Resins and Attars, and Chai Spices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Sensuality, fertility, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CHAMPAKA FLOWER ~ Mystery, depth of meaning.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion, intensifies love spells and success spells, love, money, success, power, increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so this one is also very nice......a different take on the "pinup girl" series.....

When I first put it on, I get a burst of chai spices.....then hints of sweetness.....upon drydown, I get more of the resinous feeling that you get with Nasty Habits and Dirty Sexy......but still with that spiciness on top.....this one is totally yummy.....

I really like this one......it actually mimics an incense tht I LOVE, called "Nile Temple Blend".....I've never found anything that so completely mimics that scent.....this is absolutely lovely.....so glad I got a full bottle...... :blue_dancing_banana:

OK, so this one is also very nice......a different take on the "pinup girl" series.....

When I first put it on, I get a burst of chai spices.....then hints of sweetness.....upon drydown, I get more of the resinous feeling that you get with Nasty Habits and Dirty Sexy......but still with that spiciness on top.....this one is totally yummy.....

I really like this one......it actually mimics an incense tht I LOVE, called "Nile Temple Blend".....I've never found anything that so completely mimics that scent.....this is absolutely lovely.....so glad I got a full bottle...... :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Is that the Nile Temple Blend in the bottles?

Smelled that-me likee!

I don;t understand it - the two packages we sent international global priority are taking longer than the ones we sent regular airmail. I wonder if sending them global priority caught the attention of the customs agents?

Some of the orders were slow in getting sent because we ran out of a few things this month (bottles, super sexy additive, and now we're waiting on an ingredient for Dark Seductions). Profuse apologies for the wait, ladies! We're getting things out as fast as we can, truly! Thanks for your patience!

Is that the Nile Temple Blend in the bottles?

Smelled that-me likee!

No, mine is in little bags, and is small golden colored pebbles.....but when it burns, it smells exactly like 976 Girl.....

I have one of those little bottles of Nile Temple blend, and the grains are all covered in gold dust. It's DIVINE. (Note to self: get more at Ren Faire this year.)

I didn't realize we'd done something similar to that. Now I'm going to have to go burn some and see! :A002:

I have one of those little bottles of Nile Temple blend, and the grains are all covered in gold dust. It's DIVINE. (Note to self: get more at Ren Faire this year.)

I didn't realize we'd done something similar to that. Now I'm going to have to go burn some and see! :A002:

It sounds like yours is the same as mine.....I need a bottle though.....I go through the little bags too quick.....I'm almost out.....I need to order some more.....the lady I order from also has one called Buddhist Temple Blend which is also verrrrrrry nice......here's her link if you're interested......

http://www.quintoils.com/pages/incenseburn...oticresins.html

A google search for "Nile Temple Blend" asking for just pages from the UK - shows nothing...

Looks like they are not exporting it to the UK - or nobody is importing it..

May :A002:

A google search for "Nile Temple Blend" asking for just pages from the UK - shows nothing...

Looks like they are not exporting it to the UK - or nobody is importing it..

May :A002:

Call the lady at Quintessential, at the link I provided......she may ship to the UK.

It's been overcast down here in San Diego for a couple of days so I thought it would be a good time to test this one on me. There's a very lovely sweetness in the vial, which I'm guessing is the champaka flower but I don't really get any top notes when I apply, just the spices almost immediately. The base does a very good job of keeping them blended, I can't really sense one note stronger than any other. Eventually the amber becomes more prevalent...I enjoy how smooth this is, as many times spice blends can turn out too sharp or just olfactorily overwhelming. Along with LP Autumnal Equinox and Raven Moon, this is a great blend for fall, or any time you feel like being...spicy. :(

Edited by luna65

Last year I got a little bottle of the gold Nile Temple incense, for $10.00. Much more pricey than what Dolly found on that website, but also a prettier presentation. I'm planning to go to Ren Faire maybe next weekend, and I think the same vendor will be there again, so does anyone want me to pick them up a bottle if I can find it?

Last year I got a little bottle of the gold Nile Temple incense, for $10.00. Much more pricey than what Dolly found on that website, but also a prettier presentation. I'm planning to go to Ren Faire maybe next weekend, and I think the same vendor will be there again, so does anyone want me to pick them up a bottle if I can find it?

Oh, yes please.....me for sure......I have been ordering from Quintessentiial for about 5 years now, but would like to have a nice presentation of the "nile temple blend".....I really love that incense......very nice and unusual......

Ok, shall grab one for you if I can find it. Anyone else?

THANK YOU!!!! BTW.....if you want to try another really nice, mellow incense, try some of Quintessential's Buddhist Temple Blend.....another one of my faves, and very relaxing.....

• 1 month later...

976 Girl

In vial: exotic, slightly lemony amber spices.

On skin: candle smoke, Egyptian musk, sandalwood incense, amber, saffron…this smells golden, sparkling and exotic. I’m quite surprised by the effervescent, almost lemonade-like note I’m getting, as it’s not mentioned in the notes. The scent overall is like a bright incense, it’s smoky but also light and spicy, like an Indian incense scent. The smoke note is very candle waxy, which I love, in fact it reminds me of a new age store, can’t remember which though. It smells like resins and smoke and spices and sandalwood. I smell some frankincense and myrrh here after some time, actually, it’s heavier on the myrrh. And myrrh sometimes has the pleasant effect of smelling of blown out candles on me, which explains why I smell them here. The myrrh and lemony musk then become dominant, I smell something like pepper now, as well as more saffron. I really like this. It’s unusual and strangely fizzy for an incense/resin scent but it’s very nice. Really exotic and with a lovely ‘bazaar’ feel to it. I just wish the amber were a bit more noticeable, a bit sweeter. But the myrrh in here is fabulous. The scent sometimes reminds me of the Middle Eastern scents like Raqs or Turkish Delight, but this is the brightest smelling of the bunch. Though at the end, it starts to smell much sweeter! There’s a vanilla note that really comes out at drydown. I really like this, I was hoping it would be sweeter and the slightly lemony/tangy/musky scent is unexpected, but this is good. I’m definitely keeping the sample.

Oh, and that Nile Temple incense you lot talk of? I WANTS EET NAO PLZ. I can haz?? Mara, if you go to get some can I please have a bottle since they don't sell it in the UK? *begs*

eta: noooo, Quintessential only ship to the States, waaah. I'll never smell that Nile Temple stuff now, and not to mention that I want the Egyptian blend too...

Edited by whiskerswhispers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This smells all nice, spicey and lemony in the vial. On myself, words cannot explain the oddness..... I had a very similar expereince with Possets Frou-Frou. Little bunny Frou-Frou didn't hop through the forest. Instead he hopped through fields of dill pickles and those dolls that if you squeezed their stomach they would burp fragrant burbs. I had one such doll that burped Apricots. Some note in Frou-Frou just went strange.

There is ~ some ~ note in here that goes the same route. The scent seems to be very womanly and floral like and just as it's "blooming".... BAM. Some odd pickle-like scent takes over and holds the others hostage and forces them to perfom strange scent related tasks.

I don't get it at all! I wish I knew what note it was as Frou-Frou and 976-Girl seem like they are pretty different type scents. Oh, the mystery of it all.

I adore Dark Seductions, Sugared HoneyComb, Messalina and Nasty Habits though and there are plenty more to try :D

That's the risk one takes with perfume oil, especially as there are no stablizers...so although people might have similar experiences, they're often very dissimilar, given the caprices of skin chemistry. Sometimes you can combat things like that by layering scents. One can often cancel out a bad effect of the other.

I didn't have that experience with Frou-Frou...I just thought it was too girly for me.

• 4 months later...
I really wanted to love this one... There is something in here that did not agree with my skin. Perhaps the ginger? It smelled fantastic for the first couple of minutes, and then it turned into a cheap cologne type scent.

Thats a shame.....it smells FAB on me......maybe you should try it in a scent locket......

Thats a shame.....it smells FAB on me......maybe you should try it in a scent locket......

I have thought about that. I have some many other LP scents to choose from, it is a hard decision on whether to purchase a scent locket or a scent that just smells fantastic with my chemistry...

• 4 weeks later...

I had to do a second run with this one

the first time - it was strong lemon man scent in the vial and on it was lemon pledge - i smelled like waxy lemons - not even fresh lemons - fake imitation lemons since i have a bottle i decided to give it another try [i did not cleo at first but a 2nd go around totally changed my mind]

The second time - i still got the strong spicy lemony male cologne but on it morphed beatifully and it was a stroll threw a lemon garden at night - it was wonderful and mixed well with music of the spheres - so glad i got a bottle.

• 4 weeks later...

When I first put this on, I smell spices & a tang of lemon. The lemon disappears as it dries down, I can smell the spices more & ALOT of cardamon, I can almost taste it. This would be a nice dry, spicy blend if the cardamon wasn't so strong on me. I may have to layer this with something sweet, perhaps Sugared Honeycomb....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got coffeemama's bottle of 976 Girl. It's my very FIRST in a long line of LP's. Yay!

And I love it! I barely get any lemon. Maybe a smidge when wet. And then it promptly turns to incense. I don't have this Nile temple stuff, but it turns to a lovely, smokey BURNING incense. Spicy and beautiful, reminds me of new age crystal shops,indeed, as another reviewer said. Often I'm promised a smoke note by a company, this is the first time it's ever been delivered realistically.

This beauty stays linear on me until the drydown- on which I get---cola! I do, I swear. On my skin this dries down to fizzy cola(the brown kind in case your from the south and call all your pop 'cola'--I tease you, my familys from the south that's how I know).

And the cola smells lovely too!

So my first LP was a beeeyoootiful experience. I'm very happy with this and can't wait to get my hands on more! :) :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: :wink2:

• 8 years later...

Aww! My very first LP! 2009! Awwwwww!

Well here I am, eight years older and actually even a bit wiser,haha. I'm wearing this one tonight. It's still great. Deeper, smokier and delicious as ever. Now that I half ass know what I'm talking about when it comes to perfumes, I can tell you that there's a boatload of frankincense in here off the cuff, and it's giving it a bright lemony top note. Deeper in, ginger, smoke and LOTS of Champa. This one's great,I remember it was meant to evoke a 'sultry voiced' phone sex operator with all the smoke and smooth resin. If this was ever rebrewed, I would jump all over it. The label is great too. A red haired pin up girl in a green dress on the phone. I was so enamored with that label the first time I saw it. Ah, memories! :)