Orchid Musk

I've just received my parcel and Orchid Musk is first perfume which I've put on for testing. My first impression was: strong orchid, even a little bit sharp. Just a few minutes later the orchid moved to the background, it is still there but not that prominent. Now it smells like a kind of sweet musk yet not too sweet, just right. I think it can also be layered easily with other floral scents. My overall impression: this is a winner. :)

I've just received my parcel and Orchid Musk is first perfume which I've put on for testing. My first impression was: strong orchid, even a little bit sharp. Just a few minutes later the orchid moved to the background, it is still there but not that prominent. Now it smells like a kind of sweet musk yet not too sweet, just right. I think it can also be layered easily with other floral scents. My overall impression: this is a winner. :)

YAY! Thanks, snowflake!!! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, if the stock lasts 'til I get paid...WOOT! :heart::heart::heart:

To me this one smells like Orchid, vanilla, sugar, light musk. In that order. I don't like flowery scents, so this one is not for me. But I think it's a very nice scent for Orchid lovers.

Omg I LOVEEE THIS ONE!

This is all elegance and sophistication! I get sugared orchids with musk. It smells like the most elegant wedding reception you have ever been to, where they serve the best champagne and the flower arrangements are to die for! This smells like a very elegant woman that wears a chignon and pretty dresses.. Oh wait that is what exactly what I am wearing right now! This screams Julia Roberts at the Polo match.. you know she's all classy lady. with her hat and gloves, but deep down she does whory things.. but shh it's a secret.

123682-wedding-reception-flower-arrangements-4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

To me this one smells like Orchid, vanilla, sugar, light musk. In that order. I don't like flowery scents, so this one is not for me. But I think it's a very nice scent for Orchid lovers.

How I regret not getting a FB of this. Yesterday I was sniffing thru my LP's trying to find something to wear, I took a sniff of Orchid Musk and decided to give it another try. I'm usually not into florals but this is just so beautiful, not really overly floral, and it gets even more beautiful with time!! This morning I kept on smelling the most gorgeous sweet musky scent and I realized it was the Orchid Musk from yesterday! This is not that strong soapy musk, this is sweet, soft, skin like musk. If there is a rebrew of this I'm definitely hoarding it.

Edited by Lexy

I wanted to have this as I am an orchid-ho (and cops ho as well) but they were gone when I return from my vacation. I order two bottles of Pink Musk and two bottles of Bodacious Musk instead.

Lexy, as I have not received my new musks so I don't know what this scent is like. If you like orchids, you might want to try Orchidacious. There is only a bottle left .... And yes, I would have claimed the last bottle but I want to share my order and loot with my family and sis.

I'll go without it this time since i am loaded up with musky scents in my recent order but it's fantastic news to hear that these musk are easy to brew and are coming back. They might become my "signature" scent!

I have one 5ml bottle left of this!

Will probably make another round too, as so many people have been asking for the other 2 in the set...easy to make this one too.

WHOA!!! ANOTHER ROUND?!? Oh, YAAAAAAYYY! I've been missing these one by one. Second chance time!!! :w00t::burning-heart:

aww I love this..Its beautiful! the musk base is to die for ..agghh Its perfect! I wish I had a biggersize! Its Sensual Orchids with a sweet musky base and hours later I still smell the musk..

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this on Sat and it lasted about 8 hours!!!! I was at Target shopping for Spiderman stuff for my niece's 5th birthday.. she requested Spidey stuff.. and I was in line and about a lane or so over I saw a very good looking man - that looked like he belonged on a golf course, or yacht staring at me like this :morph: You know how you feel someone staring at you? Well I looked and there he was in a daze. I crinkled my forehead and was like WTF is he staring at. Then I remembered.. OH he must have gotten all caught up in my MUSK This stuff is gold! :money1668:

Yes Orchid lasts a long time on me too and it smells like heaven the next day on my skin, it's amazing!!!...I get so many complements with this, it's ridiculous....The last batch was a bit more Orchid heavy than the first one, and I think that helps with the throw of it (sillage). Although I prefer the first batch, was more French musk heavy, a bit less flowery. But I have French Musk so I added a bit of that to the Orchid Musk and now it's perfect!

I was only able to get 3 bottles of it, and I didn't want to get the last one this time around bc I figured Joc would get it and I was right haha. ....but I really, REALLY hope Mara will make more of this beauty! ....no worries about it not selling, I'll buy what's left after the girls get theirs. :)

Edited by Lexy

Well, honestly, I grabbed the last one over the weekend. I didn't expect to see it anymore. Thanks, ladies for saving a bottle for me!

I did, however,grab 3 bottles of the caramel musk and 1 bottle of exotic musk.

I loooove the musks!! This one on me is utterly beautiful. Where as pink musk is a bit more Katy Perry, this one is more grown up like Zoey Deschanel- actually no Zoey would be more French Musk, this musk is more.. Olivia Wilde.

Oh man! Olivia Wilde?! I'd imagine her to be more sultry than Zooey. Is this a heavy kind of musk? A 5ml is coming my way along with other goodies. I'm super excited to try this one.

lol Orchid Musk does it again!! ...I was at the grocery store earlier and this guy, maybe 27-37, keeps on staring at me. I finally turn around and smile then he says "sorry to bother you, but you smell really nice, may I ask what it is? I'd like to get it for my girlfriend" ....sorry Mara, I could not bring myself to share my secret, but I did give him the name of the website. I told him it was called French Love!!! hahaha first thing that popped in my head! ...Then he said, "wow it's the best perfume I've ever smelled." ..For some reason men really seem to dig Orchid Musk! ...I should say I have no pheromones on today but I am wearing a bit of Halo's Angelique as well.

Edited by Lexy

Anyone think this would be great in a body lotion? I wish I had an unscented lotion base to mix this into. Maybe I will buy one and get blending :)

I haven't tried this out yet but I like layering by adding some LP to my unscented body lotion or cream. I love QV and these are really cheap in Australia. I am running out of it as my friend has left Australia for good. The body lotion is good for warm weather while the cream is fantastic for the rest of the seasons. Try it!

I was waffling when it came to this because I already have an orchid musk - in the form of my PE Orchidelirum Cacao - and many orchid-based scents in my collection as well, but having enjoyed the Exotic Musk so much I decided to take the plunge with this variant, and it's beautiful! I wasn't sure about the French Musk base but it wears nicely sheer, it's like a clean sweet linen kind of impression for me. The orchid is rather subtle after about fifteen minutes or so, but I figured it would be. I've really loved every selection I've tried from this series, it's GENIUS!

• 2 weeks later...

Mara will there be another rebrew of Orchid Musk? I only have one bottle left now and I think that one will last me 2-3 weeks at the most. I use it almost everyday and quite a bit of it. Everyone knows me by that scent now, at my sons school they say I'm the best smelling mom lol!!! ...Yesterday I was at the Dr's office and the receptionist would not stop telling me how good I smelled and even gave me her card to email her when I "remembered" what I was wearing. I had on Orchid Musk and scented Cougar. I haven't had a perfume make this much on an impression on people since Pink Sugar.