New Fan from NYC !

JMartin

Hi Everyone, I'm Jesse from NYC and I'm new.

I've been an avid pheromone enthusiast for a couple of years now but grew tired of the same old stuff the industry has to offer. In my search for something different I came across LPMP.

I dismissed it at first because the artwork on the bottles looked silly to me and I did not take it seriously. A few months after first coming to the site I returned and started reading the descriptions a little more carefully. Then I realized that there were forums and everyone swore by these fragrances so I decided to give it a try. I am impressed and now that I've joined the forum I see the community is very friendly and helpful.

I ordered the 10 sampler pack for the ability to have variety for a rather friendly price. I got Voracious, UN, Iconic Tonic, Dad, The Sand Box, TMI, Teddy Man, Ruisseau, Pinnacle, Ambuscade and Summer Solstice 2011. I also got several tiny free samples of other stuff. I don't have a refined nose at all and to me they either smelled like fresh cut grass or sugary vanilla, with the exception of Sand Box, which just smelled nasty.

I decided to wait until the next day and revisit every bottle one by one. While smelling them out of the bottle or on my skin, I had the description from the website in front of me so that I could try and pick up the notes of all the ingredients. It was a lot easier to do so knowing what I was looking for. I spent a good 7 or 8 minutes with each one with my eyes closed and trying to pick up the nuances of each one.

It helped a lot.

After carefully studying them, now I can tell the difference between them and have chosen a couple of favorites. I like them all now in their own way except, again, for The Sand Box which just smells old and moldy to me. The other day I wore Pinnacle to work and I felt like an absolute star! My boss seemed extra friendly that day as well.

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this community and hopefully one day becoming a fragrance connoisseur. This has suddenly become an interest to me that I had no idea I would like.

Thanks everyone.

J

Edited by JMartin

Hi J! Welcome to the forum! I think you'll be more than satisfied with both the pheros and the perfumes on offer. The team at LP does an amazing job, and we've all had some great success with the phero blends.

I'd urge you to actually try The Sand Box on your skin. Just a little. I hated this one right from the vial - just like you I thought it smelled too earthy, and like something was really and truly 'off' about it. But after it matures on your skin, (say, after 10-20 minutes), it turns into

something seriously mysterious and sexy, and that mouldy 'off' smell goes away.

I've found that a lot of the scents I thought smelled funny from the vial have turned out to be my favourite scents. One thing to keep in mind when trying Mara's creations is that they morph considerably more than most perfumes - which is part of the fun in wearing them! I'm sure you'll find plenty here to keep you happy, and coming back for more.

Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Take care, J! :D

Welcome J!!

Glad you gave LPMP a second chance...so many wonderful things about this place. Also glad you already found a potion that makes you feel like a star! That is fun to hear.I have felt like a star all week wearing Topper and Occo Ambrosia. Ambrosia of course is a womens cops scent but Topper is a phero for men and women that is my new fave for an everyday social type thing...

And... EEEK! The Sand Box is one of my fave sexy night scents! Some of these scents do take a bit of time to grow on you, like Eggers said, but it just may not work for you. There are so many to collect it is actually refreshing sometimes to find those you can live without. More money to spend on ones you can't get your nose out of!

Have fun and keep us posted!

Welcome, glad you decided to give us a chance. It's true, we're very friendly & we don't bite (unless you want us to :666: ). If you get the chance try Super 2, I call it nose crack & I swear if a man were wearing that....well. My husband opts for Cool Water over the samples & bottles I've given him & I don't really need to get next to him, because I can smell him across the room. You're a wise man to switch to fragrances that women have to get a bit closer to you to smell ;)

Edited by Beccah

Hello Jesse and welcome!

As a guy the artwork and very female flavor of most of the products and the forum can be a little different for guys. But the products and the service are rock solid. I have been using pheromones for years and that is what really caught my attention here also. I have had great success with several of their pheromone formulas. And another big plus is that Mara herself will answer questions here on the forum and also when you call.

Do try the different products on your skin. Not only do they often smell different once you apply them but the scent actually changes a little over time - different notes come out.

and ....

hahahahaha - ladies - yet another guy ...

There are so many to collect it is actually refreshing sometimes to find those you can live without.

Sorry. Tiny threadjack: I was actually disappointed this month, because I love ALL the new releases, and now I have to decide whether to buy the full set or not, dammit! :lol:

Back to the regularly scheduled Welcome...

Welcome to our home,welcome to the adventure :) ...not much to add to what as been said so well already...do let Voracious "dry down" at least 20 mins before judging,mmmmm it has become one of my favorite scents & effective phero blend on my man :icecream:

Hi from the UK and welcome! I'll second the things growing on you bit, it's always worth a second and maybe even third test, sometimes even putting stuff aside for months. My top male scent vote goes to Thrill of the Chase, god help any man who wears that near me, I would sniff him to death!

This is such a fun journey to be beginning, learning what you like, smells are so powerful, sometimes I remember things from smelling or even thinking about smelling certain scents or perfumes that I had long forgotten, or so I thought.

I'll look forward to reading your reviews!

Sorry. Tiny threadjack: I was actually disappointed this month, because I love ALL the new releases, and now I have to decide whether to buy the full set or not, dammit! :lol:

Back to the regularly scheduled Welcome...

Do it.Seriously. You won't regret it.

Welcome Jesse! I actually live about half an hour from the city. I agree with the others that you have to give these time to really dry down on your skin, because there are some that started out all wrong on me when they were still wet but bloomed into something gorgeous.

Welcome, Jesse! LPMP took awhile to grow on me too, mainly because I was so overwhelmed by all the choices! As a previous phero user, you already have an advantage that I didn't. I came mainly for the perfume, but have managed to collect quite a few pheros now, lol...

Can't wait to read your reviews :)

Welcome!

I got several samples for one of my friends at work - he and his girlfriend have really enjoyed Dad.

Apparently, my friend was feeling a little down the other day and decided to try his sample of Thunder (with the Open Windows phero blend).

Here's how he summed that experience up:

"Zomg the Thunder picked up my spirit."

Please make sure to post reviews of both your scents and your phero blends! Need reviews!!!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Did I post this in the wrong section? Where are all the guys?? (not complaining, just sayin').

I'll definitely be purchasing a bottle of Pinnacle. I'll hold off on buying Voracious for now since it's only available in spray form and the sample will last me for a while.

So ladies...which other one should I get??

:smilies-23596:

Welcome, J! :D

How's the heatwave in NYC?

The Heat wave has subsided thank God. Now it's pretty rainy actually. Not bad.

I look forward to being an avid participant. Thank you everyone for the love.

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.

Did I post this in the wrong section? Where are all the guys?? (not complaining, just sayin').

I'll definitely be purchasing a bottle of Pinnacle. I'll hold off on buying Voracious for now since it's only available in spray form and the sample will last me for a while.

So ladies...which other one should I get??

The Heat wave has subsided thank God. Now it's pretty rainy actually. Not bad.

I look forward to being an avid participant. Thank you everyone for the love.

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.

Um, get some Super 2, yo! K, I'm just sayin', I said Super 2, lol.

:blow-kiss: Hey, J! Welcome to the family! It's really nice to have another guy here. I'm looking forward to your reviews! Say...after all the ladies were sticking up for The Sandbox, I *have* to say that's one of only a couple that smells odd on both myself and my hubbs, Mr. Matt. The notes should have been all win, but oh well. Except... that's one of the things I LOVE about artisan perfumery!!! It reacts with your own chemistry, so we don't all smell the same in any given perfume. Mara is a genius perfumer. And after you hang around a while here and you'll find scent twins. And scent opposites. Heh. That really helps when ordering new perfumes.

Pinnacle is a great choice for a full bottle!!! That's such a nice one. Works really well on Mr. Matt, too. And I'm curious--how are you liking the LP Homme? That's nommy. And do you like UN? Or Teddy Man? Oooh and how do you like Iconic Tonic? I've not smelled that, but it has the Charisma phero in it, yes? That's a great phero for Mr. Matt.

I'm rambling. It's the wee hours. Stopping now. Heee!

Cheers!!! :w00t:

I hear you loud and clear ladies! Super Man 2 it is...now the question is:

Spray or Oil and why? (I'm new, bear with me)

:blow-kiss: Hey, J! Welcome to the family! It's really nice to have another guy here. I'm looking forward to your reviews! Say...after all the ladies were sticking up for The Sandbox, I *have* to say that's one of only a couple that smells odd on both myself and my hubbs, Mr. Matt. The notes should have been all win, but oh well. Except... that's one of the things I LOVE about artisan perfumery!!! It reacts with your own chemistry, so we don't all smell the same in any given perfume. Mara is a genius perfumer. And after you hang around a while here and you'll find scent twins. And scent opposites. Heh. That really helps when ordering new perfumes.

Pinnacle is a great choice for a full bottle!!! That's such a nice one. Works really well on Mr. Matt, too. And I'm curious--how are you liking the LP Homme? That's nommy. And do you like UN? Or Teddy Man? Oooh and how do you like Iconic Tonic? I've not smelled that, but it has the Charisma phero in it, yes? That's a great phero for Mr. Matt.

I'm rambling. It's the wee hours. Stopping now. Heee!

Cheers!!! :w00t:

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for the welcome. I have not given LP Homme a fair amount of attention yet, in the near future, after I give it a fair chance, I'll report back. I do like UN, and I understand that UN is just an "unphero" version of Super Man 2, and I will be getting that soon. Iconic Tonic is great. It's the one that got me interested in making a purchase in the first place. It's not as fresh as I expected and after I've tried, turns out that Ruisseau is more like I was looking for and the effect of the pheros in both is not that different as they're both socials.

I think this might become a new hobby! Definitely cheaper than poker....

Edited by JMartin

I hear you loud and clear ladies! Super Man 2 it is...now the question is:

Spray or Oil and why? (I'm new, bare with me)

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for the welcome. I have not given LP Homme a fair amount of attention yet, in the near future, after I give it a fair chance, I'll report back. I do like UN, and I understand that UN is just an "unphero" version of Super Man 2, and I will be getting that soon. Iconic Tonic is great. It's the one that got me interested in making a purchase in the first place. It's not as fresh as I expected and after I've tried, turns out that Ruisseau is more like I was looking for and the effect of the pheros in both is not that different as they're both socials.

I think this might become a new hobby! Definitely cheaper than poker....

MICHAEL BELIEVES THAT SUPER 2 GIVES HIM THE EDGE IN POKER TOURNAMENTS!

TRUE STORY!!

Hi J! Glad you found some scents you like. Some LPs have a way of shifting while you wear them. You will probably find a whole wardrobe of scents and pheros to suit your moods. Can't wait to read your reviews. :)

I'm super late Jesse, but WELCOME to LP! Can´t wait to read your phero reviews!

• 8 months later...

Even though this is a very belated welcome, I do want to extend a warm welcome!

I have noticed, and certainly this is very true for me, that while there may not always be men directly posting, many of us have men in our lives who have joined us in the scentual pleasure that is LP... My Beloved and my newly adult (but youngest) son are both very avid LP scent wearers. They provide reviews and responses to the scents and phero blends to me and while I certainly could get a bit more responsible about posting them, those reviews do make it onto the forum. There are several other members who are so great at posting the reviews of their men! So, please join in! You will find that the reviews from men are indeed there... even if through the keyboards of the women who smell them (which might even be better, when you think about it). And, again, welcome!

Edited by Chaionlife