Essence Oil in alcohol based perfume?

I've tried searching for a thread talking about this, but found nothing. I feel like this should be common sense but I don't want to ruin a perfectly good bottle of perfume, so I thought it best to ask.

I have EOW in oil coming that I intended to use to boost some oil scents myself (the occo's are sometimes a bit too much and I end up OD'ing and ghosting).

I wonder if it's possible to add a couple drops of the oil based eow in some alcohol based perfumes I have.

Has anyone done this successfully/was it able to blend together? If so, would I have to shake it before each use?

It can be done. and, the Essence oil will normally stay mixed in alcohol. HOWEVER, if the perfume you are mixing into is one of your faves, I would mix a little bit in a small atomizer first. Essence Oil can totally change the character of a perfume. Especially so with alcohol based blends. You don't want to ruin a whole bottle of perfume.

Fantastic! Thank you! Very helpful.

The OCCO's are great but I like the scents and sometimes end up slathering on wayyyy too much for the scent alone and end up OD'ing. I hope I don't go crazy wanting to cop everything and regretting it. :lol:

Edited by MeriendaTime

I would add,make sure you allow a few days between additions if you are considering adding more cause "oh it smells fine" ...it can take a while to meld/mellow...bloom :001_302:

yeah cannot be undone :P

LOL "Bloom". Thanks Calii, I'll make sure to do that.

Calii is correct! Give it at least 24 hrs before adding extra......

Edited by Dolly