Ann's Long Winter's Nap?

tyvey

I have a bottle; with my longing for the smoked tea leaves note in Pashazade, I had an idea for a PE and it turns out Ann had basically the same idea and Mara had already made it and thus recommended it to me. It smells wonderful on Quince, it's a great scent for a guy, IMO. On me it kinda goes sour for a while but then in the drydown it's nicely dark. It's one of those I like to put on my "cuddling" pillow. I will wear/apply it again to give a more detailed impression.

I have a sniffee that I am pulling out and applying right now... initial impression wet.. is something like a very sunny lemony kitchen soap type cleaner..

Really? Wow...for me it's leather + smoked black tea leaves primarily, and I love that combo (as I said I had the same idea) but the other resinous elements come out more in the drydown. On my skin, though, something goes a little sour for a while but on other surfaces it is so very *purr*

I think it has a definite masculine aura, and I like that, but others may not agree.

It's interesting that you and LV get a lemon note because I don't think there's lemon in it? So maybe it's the black currant.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.... I feel bad posting a review about a scent and saying nothing good at all about it, but I just don't like this... not in the bottle, not on my skin, not after drydown. It starts out smelling sharp, like citrusy in a bad way. Then something that comes out as menthol on me emerges, and it just gets stronger. At drydown it's just faint menthol again. I searched for the other notes and I just can't find them. I don't think it's a time of month thing as other perfumes are smelling fine on me. Well it is always interesting to learn what DOES work for you, as well as what DOESN'T!

Edited by Synergist

• 11 months later...

Looks like it's been awhile since anyone posted anything about this one so I thought I'd give an update for a scent that had a chance to age.

I got this as a sniffie/sample and it looks like I just bought the last bottle on ArtFire. I too got an almost citrusy feel when I first applied. I thought that seemed a little different since it's supposed to invoke wintry cuddling, burning leaves, a leather coat, etc. It doesn't seem to last long though. After a couple of minutes, I start to get the feel of autumn. The way the air feels: brisk, cool and leaves falling, fireplaces starting to be lit up, cinnamon, pumpkin shopping, pine needles and wearing my long coat with a warm fuzzy scarf (something I don't get to do often in Arizona). It's such a comforting scent and reminds me of all freshness of the changing seasons and how much I love that time of year. It's a perfect, sweeter, compliment to Luna's Miss Autumn which I also got for the same reason.

I don't know if I picked up those thoughts because this has had a chance to age or whether it just works well on me but I thought I'd pass along my thoughts in case anyone has this in the back of their LP closet and wants to pull it out for another try.

The way the air feels: brisk, cool and leaves falling, fireplaces starting to be lit up, cinnamon, pumpkin shopping, pine needles and wearing my long coat with a warm fuzzy scarf (something I don't get to do often in Arizona). It's such a comforting scent and reminds me of all freshness of the changing seasons and how much I love that time of year. It's a perfect, sweeter, compliment to Luna's Miss Autumn which I also got for the same reason.

Wah! Too true! I so miss autumn...

Me too. :( Changing of seasons here is about a week. It'll be winter for about two weeks. LOL

I've decided that Ann's Winter's Nap will be my day Autumn scent and Luna's Miss Autumn will be the night version sort of like I thought for Rocket Fuel V2 and 3. These two are really, really similar - Miss Autumn smelling just a bit darker because of the maple. It's so nice to have scents I can equate with certain times of year. I'll usually wear whatever I want but sometimes I don't want to smell like a strawberry or the beach during the holidays!! Same goes for mistletoe when it's 118. LOL