The Adventures of Aqualad

This was a PE Mara graciously made for me in an attempt to recreate a cologne that is no longer made.

I think Mara pretty much hit this one out of the ballpark. It is about as close to the original as you could ask for and is just great in its own right. I asked our household "nose" what she thought with one on one arm and one on the other. She said they were very close with The Adventures of Aqualad being slightly more floral. That floral hint might be enough to make this uni-sex.

The Adventures of Aqualad is an aquatic scent. It starts out a little sweet/floral on my skin but the sweet/floral dies down as it dries leaving me with the strong aquatic scent with just a light hint of floral.

I wish I could give you a better description of the notes but as I have said before, I do not know individual notes well enough to identify them.

Thank you Mara - this is definitely a winner.

Arcus by Amouage

I asked for a second opinion today from a female friend of ours and got a thumbs up on the scent.

Edited by quietguy

It seems to have passed the wife test! I have mentioned it before but my wife does not like a lot of colognes and does not like them on heavy. I have been wearing this for several days now and she seems very happy with it!

Thank you again for the PE. And as always our wide-ranging discussions are a pleasure.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a sample of this with my order, it really changed my mind about aquatics. It smells amazing and dries down to a sweet sea scent, a light and refreshing and clean scent.

Edited by Loki