Exotic Musk

luna65

So this variant did tempt me sufficiently...ooh I love it! It does absolutely have that very quality: a whisper of exotica, without detracting from the skin musk/skin scent quality which the entire series embodies. It clings and entices, but does not proclaim its presence shrilly. It possesses warmth and body but not overwhelming so, For anyone who loves this sort of thing, YES you need to get it, and it can be worn alone or as a base for other things. For those who normally shy away from this kind of experience, this is subtle and yet incredibly attractive and here's your chance to change up your persona and be a little mysteriously sexy!

And despite the label I'm also incredibly curious about how this would smell on my Quince-beast.

Warm, soft, sensual, very nice. It also reminds me of a better smelling lighter Tabu. It's not as safe for non musk lovers as French or Pink musk, but it's still not over the top strong musk. It can be added to other perfumes to give them a warm sensuality.

I can't believe how much Exotic Musk smells like my mothers natural scent! My mama can make any perfume smell good, she's even been accused of lying about what perfume she wears. Because when they go run and buy the same perfume, it doesn't smell as nice as it did on her. :)

Edited by Lexy

And despite the label I'm also incredibly curious about how this would smell on my Quince-beast.

Do it do it do it!! I'm convinced French Musk can smell great on a guy! (however, my test subject caught sight of the label, so it was a no go.)

• 3 weeks later...

To me this is very much like Luna described, an exotic skin musk. It has that familiar warmth of skin musk that clings close and doesn't let go, but with tendrils of sensual warmth--something edging on red musk but not quite--running through it. I don't do the warmer musks in the summer because they go off on me in hot weather, but with fall on the horizon this is going to be perfect.

Mmmmm, finally trying this!! So complex and smooth!! I WILL be trying to sneak some of this onto Mr. Goddess. It's a bit masculine on me, but not in an unwearable way. It's just not sweet and girly, it's deep, with an unexpected "fresh" vibe that flits in and out.

Yeah to me it doesn't have a specific feminine or masculine character; it's just that it could be worn by both women and men. It is very much itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, my Exotic Musk arrived! It is even better than I expected. It's warm, sensual, snuggly, smells indeed very exotic. It's definitely a unisex perfume. Mmmh ... I can't keep my nose away from my arm where I have applied just a small dab. I'd like to wear it with some un-pheros. Any suggestions?

Why do you ladies ALWAYS do this to me? I just had to run and order a bottle of this.....sounds like it is right up my alley!

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOOOOOOH.....so glad i squeezed out the $ for a full bottle of this one! This is very nice, very smooth. I think it will be fab for layering too!

So... turns out I posted this in the wrong area :blush: This is the review I wrote for orchid musk... but it was actually exotic musk I was smelling... I should have paid more attention to the label!!

Of the three musks I've tried (Exotic, BodaciouS, and Vintage) I think I like this one least... that being said it's still a very close tie. This one is just a little more flowery and sweeter, but for some reason I don't like it as much - it detracts from the original character of the musk for me. Still digging it though.

I've also mixed this in with an unscented sorbolene base lotion and it's lovely. Very sweet and subtle. When I want a bigger hit of musk I reach for my BodaciouS or Vintage.

• 1 month later...

Today I decided to test this one next to my coty wild musk oil (which is not sold any more.....and in alcohol, it is not the same).....when wet and on initial drydown, the exotic musk takes on a sweeter, more feminine, almost soapy quality (and don't think "soapy" is a bad thing.....it is just what it reminds me of).....whereas the wild musk goes a little bit more to the unisex or almost manly side of things.....upon aging on the skin, they grow closer together on the spectrum.....

• 4 months later...

Oh my. My, oh my!!! :heart::heart::heart: I finally snagged a bottle of this from the ArtFire site and I am in MUSK HEAVEN. Sniffing the roller, I get a sort of sweet-ish, dusty, incensy smell...almost like an incense drawer that needs refilling, you know? Incensey but in a ghostly way. BUT! When it first hits my skin, there are quiet resins that take a little time morphing to a bit of Patchouli. That hangs around and gets sweeter, morphing to a bit of a sugared Patch scent for a while. Then, bit by bit, the musk comes out to play! :) In the long drydown, the musk takes over. It's a lovely, soft, sweet one--I think of it as Egyptian musk. It's soft spoken, but it's definitely *there.* When I move, it wafts around me subtly. Oh and I agree: It's great for layering! I've been using it along with a *bunch* of other scents, and it always works.

I LOVE THIS!!! :burning-heart:

• 3 weeks later...

Closed the bottle immediately upon cracking open it, thinking that there is no way that I will wear this. No offense to the ladies who love this.

Tested it lightly onmy hand a few nights ago. Once I get over the initial stage, the musk takes center stage, into a softened warm musk. I have Caramel Musk, Orchid Musk, Bodacious Musk and Pink Musk and I think this is the one I like least. Will have to think twice or put it to test to find out if this is a keeper.