Tyvey's Smoked Ham

tyvey

This smells like a PINK, yes PINK (?!!!?) but sheerly so, not crystallized sugar, just a veil of the color, over

a freshly boiled Easter Virginia ham.

:smiley-laughing024: I kid of course. No really, over....

a bright blond sheer version of the original Shelly's HAM. The relationship with OCCO SLF is fairly distant, second cousins maybe, and mostly in the honey which is most dominant wet. I bet this drydown will be glorious.

ETA as it dries down the amber but esp the musk are coming forward. This was something of an experiment to see if the SLF notes, done in lighter versions, could be a little less ... obvious. The answer is thus far an unqualified NO. :D This is still quite the smutty schoolgirl. The inexplicable Pink! is gone and this...has got...just one thing on its mind. !!

Edited by tyvey

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, was total fail as far as making it not smutty. But that's good news for all you original ham &/or slf fans. It's just as dirty, just about...a third less "heavy". ham & slf clobber you on the head; this just rubs up against you, earnestly :D I don't think I'd pick up the smoke note by itself if I didn't know it's in there... and I think it's what revs the motor of the honey & keeps the whole works dirty. This would cover ANYTHING, btw, I'm certain...

I really wanted to try this one, but budget did not allow, I still have Shelley's HAM, that'll have make due :(

Having taken a turn at the SLF combo in PEs myself (twice), it is amusing how tenacious it can be no matter the actual components.

Tyvey may I steal your avatar? lol ....Not to use here but in another forum? God I LOVE Jeremy, specially in The Town. :Emoticons04235:

ugh to reuse Isa's priceless phrase, if i got him in my clutches he had best put on kneepads and a helmet because I would bounce him off every piece of furniture in the house.

come visit me here!

• 2 months later...

I've tried this several times since and wet, it has always started out smelling, inexplicably, like a humid night in the deep south: something like, but not quite, magnolias, jasmine or something like that, a heavy, sultry, big white creamy, smutty flower, on top of the SLF. That fades in an hour or so and it's just the mid-weight SLF. :666:

Today, same thing... but since a time or two ago, it's been tickling my brain, reminding me of something I couldn't put my finger on...and today I got it -- it's CAT'S EYE LITE!!!!!!!! The only reason I made the connection this time is that I happened to have just worn cat's eye recently.

Edited by tyvey

• 2 months later...

Tyvey... I'm waiting! LOL!

Is the smoke still fairly light in this now that it's aged a bit? (I'z afraid of smoke).

And do you have this fancy piggy boosted with cops? Could it be? I love SLF, but I want to see that glamourous little Zsa Zsa piggy looking out at me from my perfume organiser! :lol:

Hee!! I don't get the smoke "literally" at all. It still smells like cats eye, just a little less deep & sultry. Come to think of it I don't get ANYTHING literal at all....it's incredibly harmonious.

Mine isn't boosted with cops but I'm certain it could handle it.

I've tried this several times since and wet, it has always started out smelling, inexplicably, like a humid night in the deep south: something like, but not quite, magnolias, jasmine or something like that, a heavy, sultry, big white creamy, smutty flower, on top of the SLF. That fades in an hour or so and it's just the mid-weight SLF. :666:

Yes, that's exactly it! I hadn't read this for a while, and when I tried this tonight, it just seems so floral to me - not a bad floral though, a sexy, sultry floral. So happy I got to try this, I may end up with a bottle!!

• 2 weeks later...

I avoided this like the plague because I can't do SLF scents. People would run away in horror if i wore one. But I got a sniffie in my last order and just had to smell it, this is absolutely gorgeous! I, too, get a beautiful, heady floral fragrance first on. I don't know how! Isn't it just honey, amber and musk? Surprisingly, I get no honey whatsoever. As it wears on, the musk and amber deepen, but it still doesn't SLF to me. It would have been entirely appropriate to wear to work. In fact, even more so than Phero Girl (which I only wear in tiny amounts. that one smells so naughty on me! I'm sad to have missed this!

GOOD GOD WHAT IS IN HERE?? I stayed away from this and even did a whole.. nah why bother it's going to smell like a poonan parade on me.. WOW this is beautiful!!!! It's very seducing is all I can think of. Please tell me there is more? I NEED a bottle of this!

It's funny we're talking about it today because I'm wearing Astrinde's Kitty Petal and though they do not smell the same, they have a similar vibe.... Kitty Petal is way more VA VA VOOM IN YOUR FACE though.

Who the heck bought this all up in two days??? There I was adding up my order, toying with this one grabbing the sniffee getting ready to test and then I got wrapped up in something else and stopped the testing and adding of LPS to the cart.. so I test today wanting to finally finalize my forever long list and I LOVE THIS AND ITS GONE????

this would be amazing with Bang! though wouldn't it?