Tyvey's Wonderland

tyvey

Splendid!!! Mara you made it the color of treacle!!!!! I LOVE IT... the notes are swirled together indistinguishably ....it's like biting into a swirl fudge...and I *love* this treatment of violet -- it is NOT coming out shrieking but actually is giving a fruity impression !! if you didn't know it was in there you might not recognize it. swoon

Edited by tyvey

LOL!!! Love this!!! (But I will admit, sometimes things smell so delicious, I am inclined to taste them, but I do refrain...except for this candle once that had actual fruit in it, so i just licked it a little. It was a lesson learned.)

Tyvey...Interesting!! I wasn't immediately drawn to this but I may reconsider...

It doesn't smell like what you think when you read those notes.... it really surprised me! It's not like "oh there's pink, and chocolate, and here's the violet". It just smells like a fudge. If you have smelt Lady V's Midnight Snack, it's kinda like that feeling, a surprisingly very integrated, smooth feeling. The violet seems like some kind of pinkish purplish juicy fruit that is flavoring the fudge. I wish I could explain better. I think I might need one in a room spray ....

ETA AUGH NO THERE IS NO MOAR

:Emoticons04282:

Edited by tyvey

It doesn't smell like what you think when you read those notes.... it really surprised me! It's not like "oh there's pink, and chocolate, and here's the violet". It just smells like a fudge. If you have smelt Lady V's Midnight Snack, it's kinda like that feeling, a surprisingly very integrated, smooth feeling. The violet seems like some kind of pinkish purplish juicy fruit that is flavoring the fudge. I wish I could explain better. I think I might need one in a room spray ....

ETA AUGH NO THERE IS NO MOAR

:Emoticons04282:

Might have enough left for a room spray. Have to bottle the bottles first. Don't fret yet!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I have not reviewed this yet!

Okay everyone needs to calm down when I say this.. OMG THIS REMINDS ME OF A PINK FUDGY NEW!! ( THE ONE WITH THE BABY ON THE LEAF)

Yes I said it. This really is a WONDERLAND because you think where on earth is that wonderful smell in all of the land coming from?

I cannot detect any violet at all, which is a plus, what I get it this very very interesting yummy pink swirled fudgy vanilla milky creamy kaleidoscope of flavors.

It has that same feeling that New has, that baby smell. Like I dipped my son in pink frosting and fudge, and dusted him off in baby powder. This made me curl my toes and purr. It felt like the most beautiful warm blanket was hugging me.

I wanted to turn cartwheels, play hopscotch, braid my hair. It's soooooo cooooooooo, gagaaaaa, but at the same time soothing like when my mom would hug me and kiss me as a small adult child.

I can't explain the burst of scent that this has, and the warm fuzzy happiness it gives me. Oh I know! You know that commercial with the cute cuddly bear that lands on a blanket? SNUGGLE!

AHHHH just like that.

This is some serious magic in a bottle.

Like a good acid trip. Omg it's like that movie the Hugga Bunch!

Yeah you get that swirl thing I was trying to convey!!! I adore this for bedtime.

Interestingly the linen spray version is a little more literally "well hello there, I contain violet"- it's literal and detectable - but that's a perfect thing for LINENS!

Yeah you get that swirl thing I was trying to convey!!! I adore this for bedtime.

Interestingly the linen spray version is a little more literally "well hello there, I contain violet"- it's literal and detectable - but that's a perfect thing for LINENS!

See it's weird I loved the violet from BBW but some of the violet form LP gives me this screeching headache.

THis one doesn't though it's very pretty and almost like a little tiny cake.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I had no idea what this would really smell like and it is fabulous! It smells so playful. I see what you mean about the violet fruity thing going on. The chocolate isn't overpowering it either. So glad I got it and I love the label too. HEeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 2 months later...

Unnnnggggh this has gotten even better. Today it is a big fat chewy chunk of milk chocolate fudge heavily infused with a pink, plummy violet fruit. Have never experienced violet like this, where it comes off as a super juicy bursting fruit. I CAN'T STAND IT

Eta ok so I see I am just repeating myself, lol. It just so intensely evokes slabs of fudge....I can practically see it when I smell this.

Edited by tyvey

NO! THERE THERE'S NO FLAVORS IN THERE!!!!!

omg

ha ha ha. Sorry, this is the best post I've read today :smiley-laughing024:

I forgot this had violet in it, so of course I amped the violet and it was awful on me. Also since chocolate doesn't work for me either, combined it was bad. My bff also put some on and it smelled glorious on her! I'm glad she wore some as well because I was able to appreciate this wonderful creation Tyvey came up with! The violet was barely there on her, just hovering in the background, and I could smell the chocolate, and something sweet too. It blended all together very well on her...and then I broke the news to my bff...um so I know you like this, but it's no longer available! She's enjoying her sniffee :)

• 6 months later...

Dudes! I love this one!

Lady V has it down with the pink fudgey version of New! It doesn't really smell like New, but it has that wonderful baby/cuddle tone that's super cozy and I'm always after!

I had feared the chocolate in this, but its very tame. It almost reads as caramel to me.

I see pink fudge, and swirly soft serve ice cream cones made of caramel and pastel pinky violet swirls, and babys! LOVELY!

What notes did you use for this aside from chocolate and violet Tyvey? Its great,so creamy and yummy...thanks for this! I'm very happy!

I was just staring at my bottle! I love this for bedtime and wish there was more. I think this would be incredible with Lace! It's got that soft fem whisperish girly thing going for it, and I am glad the violet does not do a dance off with the other notes.

I think your gonna love it! I had this really pretty dress in my early 20s that was this creamy light pinky lilac color with chocolate brown lace trim, and this scent totally reminds me of it. All creamy and girlie,with just a hush of chocolate.

Its one of those LPs that takes my fear of chocolate away. Its a very special one!

ETA: ha, LadyV I think we were typing similar stuff at the same time!

What does the label look like for this?

Edited by cheeseburger79

I think your gonna love it! I had this really pretty dress in my early 20s that was this creamy light pinky lilac color with chocolate brown lace trim, and this scent totally reminds me of it. All creamy and girlie,with just a hush of chocolate.

Its one of those LPs that takes my fear of chocolate away. Its a very special one!

ETA: ha, LadyV I think we were typing similar stuff at the same time!

What does the label look like for this?

It looks Mad Hatter in Wonderland the scene where the caterpillar is smoking, there's some shrooms growing in the back.

Very sweet but classic cartoonish looking

This smells like how cuddling should smell. Haha. Unfortunately my skin eats the fudge right away. Figures. Im left with a very creamy and soft pink scent. In not sure of the exact notes- but it's very comforting yet girly. I could just purr while huffing my arm! Jk!

Sad I missed out on a FB of this :/

Edited by hearts

I looked up my original order ...I said: "VIOLET TRUFFLE!! A truffle scented with violet water just sprang to mind. Chocolate: milk chocolate. Vanilla: I just felt like vanilla would be needed to hold it together..a rich ice-creamy one." The sugar I left to Mara and of course her choice of pink just MAKES it. I assume it's pink anyway....that's what we all get !

Edited by tyvey

• 3 years later...

I blind grabbed this today and cried because there is not much left. It is now a darker chocolate than I remember, dark chocolate fudge now, a 72% dark undercooked fudge brownie. The fruity violet is as juicy as ever.

The whole thing is MUCH louder than I remember, as well- a very good thing- absolutely loving it- I'm moving through the world in a cloud of pinky purple chocolate glory.

Something about the fruit and the loudness now, just so perfectly evokes the mood of the Burton movies - whimsy with a distant but deep shadow of macabre/creepy/off-kilter over it. It matches the label more than ever now. It's stunning. Enjoying the aging of LPs makes them a present that just keeps on giving.

Edited by tyvey