Celebutante!

luna65

AD-Celebutante-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43

Celebutante

It's getting so you can't make a move without someone trying to snap your photo or get your autograph. Everything you do, everything you wear, is emulated by your legion of fans who can only wish they had your influence. You're wearing Celebutante, a glittering Glamour Potion specially formulated to bestow a nearly-supernatural charisma upon you. Like your charm, the scent is warm but not overpowering. A coconut base with high notes of orange blossom and orange peel which act as incredibly powerful attractants, combines with pink grapefruit to cast a gleam of youth and beauty upon the wearer. A hint of lemongrass and a dash of honey conspire to induce a bewitching element of lust in the beholder. A magical splash of ginseng further enhances your own innate beauty while a pinch of Tahitian vanilla and buttery shea oil awakens vitality and your playful spirit which shows your fans how much you love them for loving you. Elements of golden mica (shake it up!) give you a glimmer that sets you apart from the mere mortals who clamor for the barest flicker of your attention. Celebutante ~ famous for just being you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
ORANGE BLOSSOM & PEEL ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
GINSENG ~ Love, lust, virility, enhances perception of beauty; wards away evil Wishes granted, healing, protection.
PINK GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is totally fascinating to me. It has a tropical vibe (almost like tanning oil, but not quite) in the base, but then the citrus notes bring on the SPARKLE! So then it moves between a whole creamy-sparkly feel and I don't think I've ever experienced quite this impression before in a fragrance...there's definitely an aura of glamour and youthfulness in it and it doesn't really change much in character through the drydown. But for me the best thing is that I'm just enthralled with the scent and therefore I enjoy the way it smells on me; it feels like putting on a garment and you like the way it looks so much you can't stop staring at yourself in any reflective surface. Hmm...perhaps Mara has been actually trapping celebutantes and squeezing them for their essence, lol.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is totally fascinating to me. It has a tropical vibe (almost like tanning oil, but not quite) in the base, but then the citrus notes bring on the SPARKLE! So then it moves between a whole creamy-sparkly feel and I don't think I've ever experienced quite this impression before in a fragrance...there's definitely an aura of glamour and youthfulness in it and it doesn't really change much in character through the drydown. But for me the best thing is that I'm just enthralled with the scent and therefore I enjoy the way it smells on me; it feels like putting on a garment and you like the way it looks so much you can't stop staring at yourself in any reflective surface. Hmm...perhaps Mara has been actually trapping celebutantes and squeezing them for their essence, lol.

Dang it! I swore I wouldn't do this, but I must grab my near to maxed out CC & buy! Alright, will this take cops?

I got some unsniffed, with a cops boost. I've been layering my cops boosted LP SE:2011 under my scented Cougar spray. I figured this would go better underneath.

I think this would be perfect with popularity potion. It would be the ultimate attention getter. The scent is really citrusy but Luna is right, there is also something very creamy to it too. I got a full bottle unsniffed and don't regret it.

Thanks guys. My order is en route so I was wondering what to layer this with for maximum effect. I have LFM, PP and Cougar so I'm ready to rock.

VERY citrusy. Not quite creamy, but in that general direction. Love the sparklies in it but am going to have to loosen the rollerball to get them to come out. Not to mention shake the heck out of it! Yes, this and PP OR unCougar should do veeery nicely together.

Specifically I think orange citrus. Maybe a bit of lime.

ETA: And now it's morphed into a soft, vaguely sweet, slightly powdery...something. I like it.

Edited by AlienChangeling

This is one of the ones that is good in the bottle but not so good on my skin. In the bottle it is full and creamy, juicy fruit, but within minutes on my skin the cream drops away and I am left with something that smells like cheap lemon-flavoured cough drops. A bit disappointing, but then that's what scent necklaces are for!

As a side note, I second the boosting with Popularity Potion idea - what a great intent combo!

I liked the idea of this scent. I thought it would be one of my favorites, but it didn't work on my skin. I think the teakwood is going wonky on me. But Mara nailed it. When I smelled it, I totally flashed back to barhopping and partying in college: suntan lotion, body glitter, light perfume, and warm skin. I agree with the others; it's very youthful. Cougar would be wonderful, and I think if I wear this out, I might try it with LFM too.

Wow this is so bright and Sparkly on me it is almost fizzy :huh: ...I have so many other new things on I will have to get back to this,but so far,oh yeah,Cougar,or even straight A-nol ala Flying Potion wheeeeeeee :D

I put this on without checking notes & my first impression was Thai food! Now I see that must be the lemongrass, coconut & ginseng.

As it dries down, as usual, the lemongrass is completely taking over the planet. The vanilla is trying to come out..is all nice & sweet. I think I'd like this better if the vanilla came out earlier/same time. I bet a bit of aging will bring that on.

I put this on without checking notes & my first impression was Thai food! Now I see that must be the lemongrass, coconut & ginseng.

Is this one really that foody? I love Thai food, but I'm not sure if, let's say 'Thai Green Curry' or so would not be too foody for a perfume? I have ordered Celebutante because I like the ingredients, but it has not arrived yet. Eagerly waiting to be able to try it!

Unfortunately I'm with Syn on this. It went despairingly lemon candy and maybe a little waxy upon drydown. Will have to try again in a week or so.

Like Calli, this is very bright and fizzy on immediate application. Citrus champagne. On drydown it's more sultry, the ginseng maybe or the teakwood. There's a resinous tone anyway but none of the creaminess or foodiness that others have noted. I paired this with Audacious and Topper and felt like a rock star this morning which is the effect I was going for anyways.

Like Calli, this is very bright and fizzy on immediate application. Citrus champagne. On drydown it's more sultry, the ginseng maybe or the teakwood. There's a resinous tone anyway but none of the creaminess or foodiness that others have noted. I paired this with Audacious and Topper and felt like a rock star this morning which is the effect I was going for anyways.

I'm getting excited for my bottle to come!!!! Try it with cops for me in the mean time, lol. Also, nobody else make any orders until I get my ship notice, I am not made of patience, people, hehe.

I paired this with Audacious and Topper and felt like a rock star this morning which is the effect I was going for anyways.

Since I saw your posting of that in PoTD I agree that Audacious would be another great phero for this one.

Citrus champagne.

Purrfect !! :abfx: ...I am wearing it again today and even though have a few too many others on testing,this stands out...Audacious & Topper,whoa,gotta try that! :D I loved Audacious and then forgot about when something else came along :rofl222:

*...ok this Message in a Bottle 50/50 nols is some upbeat self effects today.

When I said creamy, I didn't mean like dairy. It's kind of hard to explain. There was a smoothness there, a velvetiness somehow. And I didn't perceive it as foody except in that it had a very citrusy, summery scent. I like Thai food and I don't think Thai food at all when I wear it. I think summer, beach, vacation, fresh fruit salad, sand and surf...

But I have a problem with this and with my Dolly's Hot & Sticky, and that is that the roller balls are so tight that they actually scratch my skin but don't let any product out unless I take the tip of my hair scissors and run it around the roller ball. Each time I use it. There's absolutely no sparkly stuff coming out of the Celebutante because of this. I nearly popped the ball completely out the other day trying to get it to apply product. I'm trying to figure out how to either get the roller balls to behave, or decant the stuff into other containers completely. These are the only two bottles out of...I'm embarrassed to say how many...that I've ever had that kind of problem with. My Lumina will leak if I turn it on its side but nary a problem otherwise, until this.

I'm wearing this today and I do like it...but I don't love it. Mind you, I'm not good at describing scents, but this is fruity with something else peeking through. Whatever is peeking is what doesn't smell good to my nose. Like, fruity with a bit of rottenness. Sometimes I get a whiff of fruit, other times it's rotten fruit. It probably just my chemistry.

I'm wearing this today and I do like it...but I don't love it. Mind you, I'm not good at describing scents, but this is fruity with something else peeking through. Whatever is peeking is what doesn't smell good to my nose. Like, fruity with a bit of rottenness. Sometimes I get a whiff of fruit, other times it's rotten fruit. It probably just my chemistry.

Maybe somebody snuck some cops into your sample!! Just kidding...

I thought I was going to love this, but on first sniff & application I get lemongrass, lemongrass and a l'il bit more lemongrass. A friend of mine used to own an awesome little South-East Asian restaurant, and Celebutante smells almost exactly like it used to smell in there while I was waiting for my Phad Thai and Black Vinegar Sesame Noodles. I'll have to give it a proper try, with nothing else competing, (as at the moment I am positively covered in all the August NRs), but right now I'm going to hedge a bet and say this isn't for me.

Wore it today -ok *slathered* it today...and BAM! first thing: Woodsy notes... JUST spicy woodsy notes. Then later, the creamy citrus came out to play and make it lovely again. I did shake, too... This is a chameleon-like scent!

Wore it today -ok *slathered* it today...and BAM! first thing: Woodsy notes... JUST spicy woodsy notes. Then later, the creamy citrus came out to play and make it lovely again. I did shake, too... This is a chameleon-like scent!

Gah! You are right about the woods in this, might be the rotten I get in this. I need a perfume sniffing class so I can get better at describing things!