Celebutante!

luna65

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC, you've done the 'run a small object (like a pin) around the lip of the rollerball' thing? Just widens the fitting a touch...

Honey, I did the "run the tip of a barber scissors around the rollerball - every time I use it" thing. The fitting doesn't stay widened. On either bottle, this or Hot & Sticky. Especially H&S though. And not a single bit of the pretty glitter has been able to get out of the Celebutante bottle.

The strongest note I get is the lemon grass. It reminds indeed a bit of Thai dishes which contain lots of lemon grass. It's quite foody, but with my skin chemistry the scents always change some time after application. So, this perfume becomes more and more pleasant the longer I'm wearing it. It's getting more creamy by the time, the orange blossoms and the vanilla appear as soon as the lemon grass loses a bit of its power, yet there is a wonderful sparkling effect. I imagine to combine this scent with some phero blends, may be Popularity Potion or SS4W.

Got mine today, yaya.

Put a small bit on for testing. K, first not is coconut, then the lemongrass comes forward. It only amps for a little while, then it backs off & blends nicely with the other citrus. The vanilla & coconut are kind of blending into one. I think this smells like a tropical drink a little bit. Now, to my nose when the lemongrass is upfront, it reminds me of bug spray a little bit, because I wear the natural scents that rely on EOs.

This for me is just not right, I can hardly smell it, but what I smell isn't good on me. It's clearly jibing very badly with my chemistry as well as maybe having something in that I am anosmic to as it just seems so strange, like my nose is straining but barely getting it.

This for me is just not right, I can hardly smell it, but what I smell isn't good on me. It's clearly jibing very badly with my chemistry as well as maybe having something in that I am anosmic to as it just seems so strange, like my nose is straining but barely getting it.

I may have to take it off your hands....

Holy disco balls, Batman! There is a powerful intent to this one. Wore it out last night & yeah, had a girl with her boyfriend stop to tell me how great she AND her b.f. thought my rack was... they were in their early 20s. Ladies, if you can rock this, you will be cooking with gasoline.

ETA: I need to hoard this one like there is no tomorrow! Also, with the sparkle it highlights the cleavage nicely if apply to the top of the rack instead of you neck ;)

Edited by Beccah

maybe you should. I get no sparkle out of my bottle that i can tell. I'm sad but there's plenty more great scents right.

You don't? It's more of a subtle sheen on the skin, just barely catches the light. That's good for highlighting, though.

I guess I got lucky, the mica comes out nicely from my bottle. You know if you're already taking barber scissors to the top, you could just shake it up & then pop the top out completely & dab it on. I would & I have done that when my bottles get too low for me to get the last little bit out.

I guess I got lucky, the mica comes out nicely from my bottle. You know if you're already taking barber scissors to the top, you could just shake it up & then pop the top out completely & dab it on. I would & I have done that when my bottles get too low for me to get the last little bit out.

Yeah, I've thought about that. But sure as I do, the ball will get away from me and I'll lose it and then it will leak all over the place. I know me too well - I am Ms. Fumblefingers.

That's why I always have something to put it into handy - whenever I've had to extract a rollerball - because otherwise I would definitely lose it or drop it or something.

I just applied another little swatch of this on my wrist. I want to like it for some reason. And strangely, it doesn't smell as heavily of lemongrass as it did the first time I tried it. Even BF said it smells more orange-y than Thai restaurant this time around. I almost like it. I'm going to wear it for a little while today, to see what develops. If it stays orange-y, or goes "creamy" like others on this thread have said it does for them, I'm in.

How weird that the first application of some perfumes seems to make my skin go, "WTH is that?", and then days later it's almost as if my skin recognizes the scent I've applied and says, "Oh, I remember you." Is it my skin doing this? Or my nose? :huh:

I think other people's guess is right: that sometimes they need a few days or weeks to sit and think about things, maybe partly due to "travel shock" or - there was another cute term people have used for it - slipping my mind at the moment.

I was ultra excited to try this and have hordes of Paparazzi trailing after me, asking me what I was wearing - I fully expected Rachel Zoe to come out from my big hair and DIE throw Gucci, Dior, Chanel, Versace, Marchessa, Forever 21 gowns and accessories at my feet.. I expected a L'oreal contract, a car commercial, my own nail polish line and my own tv show on E. I expected a kazzillion followers on twitter.. none of that happened.

The only thing that is happening right now is this crazy thai soup smell. Reminds me of soup from Roy's. It had lemongrass, coconut and prawns in it I think? Was a while back.

This is all that is here right now, and I wish I had some rice or noodles. There is more a citrus coming out. possibly some mint, which is making me crave a mojito.

This is going to fall under NSF-PMS scents .

I'm wondering if having my bottle boosted with cops didn't change the fragrance a little? The coconut really comes out for me in this one, like a nice skin smell after you've been at the beach. So maybe try it with cops if it's not working for you ladies.

So this one has mica in it? Is it in the samples as well or just the full bottle? I don't remember seeing mica in my sample, maybe I need to take a closer look...

Shake your sample up, I find mica likes to settle at the bottom of vial or bottle. Personally, I love it when they put mica in the LPs, it makes them just look like a magic potion when you shake them up :)

Okay, so I finally figured out that this is one I can't just jiggle and then apply. That's when I get all the lemongrass. But if I shake the bejezus out of it, it smells much, much creamier almost immediately. I'm still not crazy about it - but WOW! - the difference between a gentle shake and shaking it like it's a can of paint made a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't subscribe to the travelling shock theory, especially if some scents need shaking!

Shaking a bottle has to do with the weights of certain ingredients, to ensure they are blending correctly. Especially if a scent is pheromone-enhanced. "Travel Shock" has to do with the changes in temperature which a package will experience in transit; heat is not a friend of fragrance, for example. I have absolutely had to let some fragrances sit for a few days to achieve equilibrium, temperature-wise, before using them.

I was ultra excited to try this and have hordes of Paparazzi trailing after me, asking me what I was wearing - I fully expected Rachel Zoe to come out from my big hair and DIE throw Gucci, Dior, Chanel, Versace, Marchessa, Forever 21 gowns and accessories at my feet.. I expected a L'oreal contract, a car commercial, my own nail polish line and my own tv show on E. I expected a kazzillion followers on twitter.. none of that happened.

The only thing that is happening right now is this crazy thai soup smell. Reminds me of soup from Roy's. It had lemongrass, coconut and prawns in it I think? Was a while back.

This is all that is here right now, and I wish I had some rice or noodles. There is more a citrus coming out. possibly some mint, which is making me crave a mojito.

This is going to fall under NSF-PMS scents .

You know after re-reading this, I did have a celeb ask me to send him a pic via Twitter.... Coincidence or Celebutante ;)

Shaking a bottle has to do with the weights of certain ingredients, to ensure they are blending correctly. Especially if a scent is pheromone-enhanced. "Travel Shock" has to do with the changes in temperature which a package will experience in transit; heat is not a friend of fragrance, for example. I have absolutely had to let some fragrances sit for a few days to achieve equilibrium, temperature-wise, before using them.

I shake my bottle cuz I like to see the pretty glitter swirl around, lol.

I was under the impression that heat damaged fragrance permanently. Interesting.

• 9 months later...

ZOMG I LOVE THIS! I can't believe I am just now smelling this. The opening is what I hoped for from Tangy Tart. So bright and tangy. Orange peel, lemongrass and grapefruit, this is citrus heaven. And the dry down is so thick and creamy and dense but still light. Full bottle. I must own this.

Ohh this is a wonderful scent. I feel sexy and sparkley when I wear this. It really gives me a lift. It's a similar vibe to the way I feel when I wear LP Gold. I love that feeling.

I get a slinky, sexy coco butter feel when I wear this, ( but no coco B in this).

I like adding a dash of EOW or OCCo white to it.

It's such a great summer scent too.

This is a great example of why I can't hoard, it's been a while since I've worn this and it needs to move up in rotation.

BTW, I read some of the older posts and I'll add that... Yes, this scent suffers from bottle shock, but once it calms down .. it's worth the wait.

:purr:

Edited by StacyK

Ohh this is a wonderful scent. I feel sexy and sparkley when I wear this. It really gives me a lift. It's a similar vibe to the way I feel when I wear LP Gold. I love that feeling.

I get a slinky, sexy coco butter feel when I wear this, ( but no coco B in this).

I like adding a dash of EOW or OCCo white to it.

It's such a great summer scent too.

This is a great example of why I can't hoard, it's been a while since I've worn this and it needs to move up in rotation.

BTW, I read some of the older posts and I'll add that... Yes, this scent suffers from bottle shock, but once it calms down .. it's worth the wait.

:purr:

It did really well with the cops boost I got mine with. I don't wear mine very much, but that is only because it's one of my "for special occasion" scents. I would like to hoard more bottles of this one :)