The World

luna65

(I'm wondering if the series should be in the Spell & Ritual Oils forum, but I'll leave that for others to decide.)

When Mara described The World to me and I had to change my shirt because I was drooling so much...it automatically meant I had to try this first. I am a huge fan of Sugar-Fried Bananas and the majority of the banana accords in Mara's library. In the vial and upon application the banana and the rum are a swingin' party but the rum burns off fairly quickly and the banana melds with the vanilla to turn rich and sweet with an almost flowery aura to me. The maple and benzoin serve to enhance the body (I know the benzoin is also the secret of the cake-y quality in Super for Women) but it stays more on the "light" side, to me. It's thick but it's not overwhelming. For when you want to feel luxurious and sensual, this is a great evocation of the "fleshy" aspect of the culmination of the material world.

Edited by luna65

The first two scents that come shining through when I wore this were banana and RUM! Not just rum, but RUM! I usually shy away from the alcoholic scents - mostly because I am a nanny and I don't want people to think I am boozed up around their children - but this was absolutely delicious smelling. The RUM! stayed around for about a half an hour, and then the whole creation turned into this lovely, creamy vanilla, sweet and amazing. I could identify the banana later on, while my mother did not, and it was just a gentle fruit addition. Yum, yum!

BANANA ~ Prosperity; lightens emotional burdens, fertility, potency.

BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

MAPLE ~ Money and love attraction, longevity.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

RUM ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells

I like this one, fragrance wise it has the same feel as want but it's a bit richer. If anyone's ever had a Tortuga Rum cake, this is the fragrance evocation.

I wasn't too sure about this one because at first all I could smell was the banana, and I'm not a big fan of the scent at all. But it went away or melded into yummy vanilla pretty quickly, along with something that I'm guessing is the benzoin, though I kept thinking "wintergreen-ish?" It's yummy, but not my favorite out of the set, surprisingly enough given my love of foody scents!

I'll second Chesire Kitten. It's definitely not a straight up banana, and the more it dries, the more it melds with the other ingredients. I get quite a bit of maple. It's very distinctive--out of all the test patches up and down both arms, I can defintely pick this one out easily.

I don't get any Rum in this one at all (pout). I guess that's because I drink enough of it & the universe is afraid to give me any more :lol:

I do get lots of Banana (I love Banana) and it dries down to the most lovely Banana smelling dessert on me. I get a lot of the cake-y quality, Vanilla & Benzoin play second fiddle, and every once in a while I get a hint of Maple.

Sigh.....I'm going to spend a lot of money this month....

Hmm... I'm not sure about this... coz I didn't get ANY banana at all!!! :) ALl i got is RUM + Maple!!! My skin seem to amp MAPLE a lot! :):o:O

This one was MAPLE SYRUP and other stuff. It's not a cloying sticky foody scent; it's more a gentle sweet scent. Unfortunately, maple syrup and I don't get along. If you were to remove the maple syrup note and replace it with.... um....... cardamom and redwood, I'd adore it. It's actually not that bad for a maple scent. Just not something I can wear.

• 3 weeks later...

This starts off with a burst of banana, then becomes a delicious mix of banana/maple with a touch of rum on me. 5 minutes in and the cake-y part is coming out, makes me want to eat banana bread.

Later it's more perfume-y, sweet maple, banana mostly gone, I like this stage.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 5 months later...

I seem to be revisiting the Tarot collection this week, so I was going through them this morning in bed with my coffee.

Sniffing, throwing sample aside, sniffing, throwing sample aside, etc. All of a sudden all I can smell is sweet bananas. I thought...Jeez, The World must have got stuck on my nose or something cuz that's all I can smell. I look over and see a big wet splotch on my freshly washed sheets. What the Hell? (Stop it...Lover does not come over until later on Sundays.)

On closer inspection I see my sample of The World is laying there completely emptied out. I had not replaced the cap and well, there it was. So I rolled myself in the wet spot (stop it again!) and decided not to waste this opportunity to review it as I am covered in it.

At first it's total banana glory...but then it's gone and it smells very spicy on me. Very very spicy, and that's it, no banana left on me! I guess that spicy must be rum? Lots of cakeyness left though. Rum cake! That is what it is. It's nice but not really me. Spicey cake fans will like this.

BUT...on my sheets it is still TOTAL TOTAL BANANA!!!! More banana than it was on me even at first application!! It is really nice on my sheets. MY SHEETS MUST AMP BANANA!! :banana072:

I look over and see a big wet splotch on my freshly washed sheets. What the Hell? (Stop it...Lover does not come over until later on Sundays.)

On closer inspection I see my sample of The World is laying there completely emptied out. I had not replaced the cap and well, there it was. So I rolled myself in the wet spot (stop it again!)

B) ...well, not at the dumping of a Whole sample...but,hey it did not go to waste,on a couple of levels :jumpforjoy:

Spicey cake fans will like this.

oooooo...now that would be me B) ... cannot believe have not tried this yet !

LOL, a "static" medium (such as cloth) will prevent a fragrance from evolving, which is why a scent locket (scent dabbed on a cotton pad which is then put inside the locket) is often recommended for those scents which don't evolve in the way in which the wearer would prefer.

• 1 month later...

WANT also has banana (although you'd have to stalk the Trading Post to score some).

Outside LPMP I always recommend Arcana's Quim which I describe as "sexy chocolate banana."

• 11 months later...

BANANA ~ Prosperity; lightens emotional burdens, fertility, potency.

BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

MAPLE ~ Money and love attraction, longevity.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

RUM ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

Anyone tried it? I can't find any reviews on it. Thx :)