Baskery

luna65

First off, I love this name! It made me giggle.

At first I was thinking this was a cookie-type impression but after a while I get more of what the description depicts: a blend of sugary-spicy-creamy pastry-type experience. The spice comes out a bit stronger on me so maybe that's why I was thinking snickerdoodles (which of course is another scent altogether). This one wears a bit soft but wholly gourmand, it morphs a bit but not enough to completely change the overall impression. As such I think it would be a good base for other things, a nice layer of skin-hugging sweetness you could then tweak in some way. On the other hand, it's definitely a scent to wear for a gourmand-loving someone to encourage mucho sniffing and snuggling.

I don't know why, but this reminds me of samoa cookies. You know, the girl scout cookies. This is such a delicious scent and I couldn't stop smelling myself. I even took a shower and then put more on. So overall, this is cookies with a cup of coffee smell on me and I LOVE it! Only minus is that it doesn't last too long on my skin and I have to reapply a lot.

so would you recommend this for a G&L ho?

It's not as robust as any version of G&L so I'm not sure I would if you really want something like that. It's yummy, but a lot more subtle.

This one was a nice surprise !

I tried a bit on my hand and was swooning in baked goods

It was so strange--when I was reading the description for this one, I felt all swoony and spellbound, like I was being seduced by the words alone. I was sitting there, eyes glazing over, thinking, "Yes, yes, oh yes!!!" Am I getting a bottle? Why yes, I am!

WHERE did they get the picture for this bottle??

Mmmm. Me foody. Me likey!

First Test: Stongest notes are cinnamon, vanilla and maybe brown sugar. (I'll have to check what is actually in there.) The vanilla is foody, but the dry kind. I'm not registering a pastry note.

Overall not as strong as say, Buns of Cinn. I'm getting something in the Rocket Fuel family and if you like LP Red you might like this too.

At first wiff I don't think they'll come at you, ravenous teeth biting for the jelly filling. This is more of a nuzzling, hold-still-I'm-not-done-with-you vibe. ;)

I'm thinking bottle. With pheros cuz I'm wicked that way!

Edited by Isa

Second try today: Oh thaaaaat pastry. LOL! How did I miss it? Kinda like a canolli pastry. Still get those cinnamon/vanilla/brown sugar/maple-ish notes. Maybe some nuttiness in there. Look, I don't know what is in there, I only know it makes a foody happy. A huff-haze. If your partner likes foody scents you're gonna get glomped.

Excellent staying power. I didn't refresh once in my 9+ hours of work.

Oh yeah,this is just everything I thought it would be :jumpforjoy: I amp the coffee a bit which is exciting because I love it! I do get the almond and creamy light sweet spices,and just, well, more :D ...100% a makes Calii smile scent :hearts09793:

Initially, blast of spices, felt like SLH. Then nuts, then coffee, then coffe and BREAD, like challah or other very eggy bread, dunked in coffee. Delicious!

ohh yum! bready! coffee! I think this will be the first bottle I plan on smelling first,when I get my order :)

First on, this smelled like a cross between G&L and Breakfast in Bed only without the smokey note. Mmmmmmmmm!!! It was deliciously foody. I mentioned in another thread that some od these scents are so foody, people don't recognize them as a perfume and they say things like, "Mmmm, something smells fabulous in here!" or "Who bought pastries?" I got that this morning. However, as the day wore on, I started getting a decidedly perfumey note, the tiniest hint of floral. I've looked and looked, and i can't imagine what it could possibly be! Not a flower to be found!! Whatever it is, it makes this smell like an elegant perfume, same notes but not foody. Does that make sense? I'm going to have to try it again just to be sure it's not my shampoo or lotion or anything. (Doubtful that it is, but you never know.) Regardless, it's a wonderful scent! Another for my wishlist!

What I do get? Maple syrup. Caramel seems to do that on me and then amps it. It's ok though. This will layer perfectly with so many things. Like the Spicy Brown Sugar LAM I was already wearing.

This is total nomminess, but I'm really saddened to learn it has almond milk in it. I couldn't even pick it on smelling, just cake and biscuity goodness, but I'll have to trade it away anyway :(

You might want to check with Mara first because it could be it's just an accord, not actual almond milk.

This is total nomminess, but I'm really saddened to learn it has almond milk in it. I couldn't even pick it on smelling, just cake and biscuity goodness, but I'll have to trade it away anyway :(

It may not be made of actual almonds. I would ask Mara if I was you. Not everything that smells like something is made from it.

I would assume there is some natural almond oil in there. Almond oil is one of those ingredients that is less expensive to produce naturally than artificially.

I only added a dash, it's not a primary ingredient, the overall percentage in the mix is minute.

I would assume there is some natural almond oil in there. Almond oil is one of those ingredients that is less expensive to produce naturally than artificially.

I only added a dash, it's not a primary ingredient, the overall percentage in the mix is minute.

That's good to know... but all the same, almonds and hazelnuts are supposed to be the nuts I am MOST allergic too (apparently there are different degrees... for example, peanuts I am only slightly allergic to - they may just make me feel a bit sick. Almonds and hazelnuts will just about send me to the hospital). So I might not take the chance on this one. There are plenty of other nommy smelling cakey lovelies for me to enjoy :)

This is as delicious as its description made it sound! At first I get a blast of coffee, which quickly takes a back seat to the bakery smells of cake, caramel, and spices. I showed great restraint and used just a couple drops, but Baskery has throw like whoah, and lasted for hours. LOVE!!

Edited by Gale

Ooh, this is yummeh! It's all buttery pastry and spices. So far no coffee, which I can either take or leave in most cases. But Baskery smells just like something I want to eat. I am really diggin' the buttery smell. The description also reminds me of the opening scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's, so it's not a far stretch to say that wearing this would make me feel like Audrey Hepburn all day long. I could deal with that. :) Or I could use it when fake baking: "Oh sure, I made these pastries! See? I still smell like them!". :lol: This potion is great!

Ooh, this is yummeh! It's all buttery pastry and spices. So far no coffee, which I can either take or leave in most cases. But Baskery smells just like something I want to eat. I am really diggin' the buttery smell. The description also reminds me of the opening scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's, so it's not a far stretch to say that wearing this would make me feel like Audrey Hepburn all day long. I could deal with that. :) Or I could use it when fake baking: "Oh sure, I made these pastries! See? I still smell like them!". :lol: This potion is great!

hehe too cute ..fake baking!..good idea.I could trick my 5year old and say I made the goodies when really,I didn't :rofl222:

Now that I have secured my bottle I can talk about how incredibly delicious this is!!! This reminds me of holiday coffee during the winter. The way coffee smells when it's cold at Starbucks. It smells like a raspberry scone, like a cheese danish, like all the carbohydrates that I love and wish I could eat in a single sitting. I also thought I smelled.. coffee covered chocolate cherries????

WHAT???

It's so toasty and gooey and delicious and I am so excited to have a bottle on it's way. I also want to add that it smells very rich and cozy.

I think this jewel was responsible for several sales at a yarn shop I was at. I was taking a class, and our table was located right near the main walk way. A couple of women came in. They were talking with the owner and said it was their first visit. They commented how homey it was and one lady said, "It even smells like grandma's kitchen in here, like pie and coffee!" Then they proceeded to buy up the joint.

You're welcome, yarn shop. ;%29.gif

ETA: I forgot, it also prompted the two ladies in the class with me to pop over to the bakery across the street after class. they thought it was coming from there! I wish I had had LP business cards with me!

Edited by BlueBear

I adore this one! It definitively my fave of this months releases. I don't get any coffee, and the maple doesn't amp to hell or have an spice note that takes over or goes a bit burnt that MRF sometimes does on me. The best way for me to describe this one is sexy, cuddly, indulgent forbidden goodness..... Imagine the smell of freshly baked ice cream cones, with a large dollop of cream, and a few drizzles of maple on top :) That's what Baskery is on me...and it lasts all day. It's awesome layered with Constant Craving too

• 2 weeks later...

OK,this is quickly moving up to top favorite status! :w00t: ...wore it last night and could still smell it this morning,it just gets better and better on me,the coffee and the baked goods nommyness is totally droolworthy !!!! :cat692:

• 2 weeks later...

After further tested this out on its own..It does smell really yummy! I put this on earlier and forgot.

I was laying down getting the baby to sleep when all I could smell was something like smelling a coffee shop from outside..you catch a whiff of the coffee and lingering sweetness of donuts and breads..mmmmm