Seelie

Isa

AD-Seelie-LovePotion.jpg

Seelie

Imagine a kingdom with such majesty and pomp as to make the wildest dreams of excess pale by comparison. A land of magic...of love...a realm where every wish comes true...the land of The Fae. Only a worthy monarch can rule, she who embodies all of these traits to the ultimate degree: The Seelie Queen. Those in her presence are awestruck by her flowing gilded hair, her eyes gleaming like emeralds in the morning sunlight. But her aura is what puts her loyal subjects, her most ardent worshipers onto their knees…a scent that is fresh like a sparkling stream, bearing gentle floral tones and the faintest traces of lacy young ferns and the blonde woods that surround her kingdom. Her most faithful subjects will feel her divine, protective love courtesy of the subtle notes of hyacinth and heather, while hints of freshly-cut rose stems and hawthorn berries enhance their own self-confidence, making them feel truly powerful in her presence. The sweet woodsy base of birch and spruce blends with the Seelie Queen's own ethereal musk to enrapture and bespell all in her presence. It's such a pleasant midsummer night…a perfect time for a ball. Let the revelry commence!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.
HAWTHORN BERRIES ~ Protective of hearth and home, health, draws magical energies, wards off evil.
BABY FERN ~ Sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.
BIRCH ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck; protection, playfulness, joy, relieves grief, eases childbirth. Dependability, constancy, friendship.
ROSE STEMS ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
IVY ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies. BABY WHITE TEA LEAVES ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
PALE SWEET MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't see a topic for this yet?

This is capital F Floral. A bright, white bouquet. Clear flower notes but I don't know what they are. No supporting cast and no need for them.

I do not do florals. That being said, I like it. I'm astounded that it did not turn sharply on my skin like nearly every other floral, but stayed quite pleasantly flowery. Give Peas a Chance also work with my skin and I love Hoyden, if that helps. If I said it was like the florals in fine milled soap that will mislead you because this is not soapy.
If you do like florals you will slather this and get it in every bath and body.

edit: forgot to mention it has good throw. :)

I just smelt this in the bottle and it triggered a scent memory. An apartment I lived in a long time ago. My brother's ex-fiancee. An emotion I can't quite put my finger on. I just need to put this note down so I remember it for later. I'm sure whatever it is I need to remember will come to me.

hyacinth, heather, birch, musk, rose stems, baby ferns...okay now that I know what to pick out I'm getting it. Makes sense.

I really like florals. They hate me. I'm jealous of the feminine aura they create on others and the way men (and women) react to them. C'est la vie.

Air freshener. That's what I'm getting. This is the smell of an air freshener my brother's ex-fiancee used to use, I am sure of it. It was some kind of commercial aerosol one I wouldn't normally use, but it just triggers a feeling in me, a time and place I had long forgotten, and the immediacy of the moment is powerful. It is extremely fresh, almost chemically so. It is airy lemon florals. It is white linen, the smell of clean, deodorised laundry. Despite the commerical aspect I quite like it for its sheer CLEANness. I agree it is green, but it is sweet enough that I don't mind the green.

In the vial, this was very floral, almost too floral. On my skin it was green and not to my liking at all. However, after a few minutes it reminded me exactly of--wait for it--green Blue Bell popsicles. (The best! Even better than red!!) I'm not sure if it's the scent that truly smells like it or if it triggered a scent memory. My grandma used to send us outdoors to eat our popsicles, so I could just be associating the florals with them. :lol: Anyway, nice summery floral, just not for me. I will say when I got up the next morning after testing this, I was left with a soft, rosy musk that was so drop dead gorgeous. If I could get that earlier in the dry down, I would be all over this like white on rice.

This stays much greener on me than I thought it would, but doesn't turn soapy like many green-based scents tend to do. It's not really me (I'm still more of a fan of Betrothal Potion) but this does have a really nice fresh-cut floral characteristic if you like that kind of thing.

This smells very similar to LP #7 Lucky in Love, maybe not quite as soft and creamy. I love the fresh floral smell, but it has "instant headache" in it, too, just like #7, which is a real shame. It reminds me of that fresh, cool scent you get when you walk into a really nice florist's shop. I like that smell. I just wish it didn't box me between the eyes. :(

Eggers, I avoided this initially because I thought it would do the same thing to me, although I wanted to get it. But I knew as soon as I saw it had rose anything in it, it would probably smack me between the eyes. *sigh* I was thinking about getting a bottle based on some of the other reviews, but you clinched it for me on a "no."

Yeah, I was kind of hoping this would work for me, too, (the label is so pretty!), but when I smell it - in the vial or on my skin - I get a real pinching sensation in my 'third eye', if you know what I mean. Pinching, poking, piercing, take your pick. There are some perfumes I like so much here that give me a headache, which I *might* consider taking an Advil for, but this is not one of 'em.

First impression: This one is all fresh cut green flower stems and green leaves, reminds me straight away of Morning of Glory. After 30 min on my skin, I can detect hyacinth, heather, musk. It morphes to a lovely light floral scent. I'll waesr it with some light social mones, such as OW or Topper.

Wow this is very green on me. It reminded me of My Uncle Luigi's and Ant Bea's daughter Rosemarie's Christmas Tree Lot in Saugus.

It reminds me of running around a bunch of Christmas trees. That was my initial impression. CHRISTMAS! It's fo sho a very very green floral. Stays that way for a bit ,then gets watery. Like Christmas trees got drenched in fresh sparkling water. I like the dry down, or the water down I should say. The green hits me a bit too strongly in the middle a bit. I also thought of LP 7~ but LP 7 is creamier and more toned down.

Will see how it morphs

Echoing the others, this is really, really green. It's a burst of stems and leaves wet, and gradually the florals come through as it dries down. I was hoping to get more heather out of it, but I get mostly the green aspect and something a bit sharp with a lemony tinge--probably something reacting with my skin chemistry in an odd way. I will keep my sample around to see how it ages.

i cant believe i forgot to reveiw this! shame on me. on wet and in the vial i get a lot of the Betrothal Potion feel. sweet floral greenery. I find that is doesnt have as much throw as betrothal though. as it dries it gets a little more to the green instead of floral but over all i dont think this one is a ravenwing scent. it smells too much like laundry soap on me. sigh. i had such high hopes for this one

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a sample of this and I like it. It's very green floral, and a bit sharp. It does soften, and then it becomes a beautiful soft green floral. I'm so not good at reviews!

So even though I did enjoy wearing this, it's not a me scent. I did feel like I belonged in the forest while wearing it, so I got the fairy vibe :)

• 11 months later...

Oh my....I'm quite taken with this one.

It takes two of my favorite things, rose and true to life nature scents and spins the two into the aroma of a sun drenched, perfect day!

The opening is a young WHITE rose. New, pure, clean, and still glistening with morning dew. The green shoots of stem make it the most realistic thing...I'm at loss how to describe it really.

Like, the Rose in Lala Gulaba is undeniably Red and grown, and the Rose in Sweet Lorien B ,Fleur Cremusse, and Lady Vs Rose Cookies is absolutely Pink and girly...this is the first Rose by LP that evokes White to me. So fresh and innocent,it really takes my breathaway.

As it dries down more, the rose slides to the back a bit, and I get more of what smells like bluebells and forest wild flowers, the green of the stems and ferns, and it brings to mind the woods on a sunny day. Not too hot, not too humid...the perfect crystalline spring day! Its very beautiful!!!

I know this scent must have been inspired by the Karen Moning books, which is really cool. But to me it actually takes me to my namesake.

My real name is Lorien. I was named after one of the three lands of the Elves in the J.R. Tolkien series Lord of the Rings(yeah, my parents were huge hippies), the other two are Rivendell and Mirkwood.

The land of Lothlorien is what this scent reminds me of. Beautiful fairy like structures of light woods,sunshine,and gorgeous creatures,tall and fair. This is what they're home smells like. Gorgeous!

I'm gonna need to get my mitts on a bottle of this now! Time to revise my trade thread!

I know this scent must have been inspired by the Karen Moning books, which is really cool. But to me it actually takes me to my namesake.

I don't know - since I didn't write the descriptions for that month - but there are so many stories about Faerie, after all.

Beautiful description, Cheesy, thank you! That's what I was going for!

Though I've read most of Karen Moning's books, it wasn't her's I was thinking of when I crafted this pair of scents. The Seelie and Unseelie are not modern fictional constructs, they are old Scottish folklore and have been covered by many authors, but I did have a set of books in mind when I made these...this is the first....

Midnight Never Come by Marie Brennan

Thanks Mara! :D

You definitely succeeded in what you were going for!

I'll have to look into those books too. I could use a new series to read. My mom might even have em already, she loves books like that too!

• 10 months later...

I'm curious - for those who said they wanted to let this age a bit - any changes? I'm not a floral fan typically (more foodie or sultry or sweet) but am very intrigued by description and intent. I have a trial vial, going to sniff and self-test tomorrow. Hoping I'll like but as I'm really loving pheros etc. wondering what 'boosters' would go well with this if I do like? :D

I know this is older thread, but definitely curious if anyone gave this a re-try and their thoughts?

• 9 months later...

Hey, Beach Goddess! I ordered a sampler and then a full bottle of this. I ordered it in case my "corporate office world" found the other scents to be too overwhelming and sexay (for instance I threw caution to the wind the other day and finally wore Secret Sweetness w/Gotcha!). I feel Seelie is a nice fresh spring scent. I am no expert on flowers, but I would also describe it as very green with white florals, not green musk. Just fresh, clean, pure, and floral. A fresh floral, not a sickly sweet one. It lasts awhile and pretty much dries down to the scent it is wet, I didn't notice a change. It's a safe floral that is not overpowering.

• 3 months later...

Oh my gosh, Mara, you captured and bottled Anne and George's Scottish garden the day we renewed our vows. Their home (built in 1811) is located in a village just outside of Stirling. Their bedroom widows face the Wallace Monument. You must have been there, othetwise, how could you have so perfectly recreated my memory of that beautiful day?

When they purchased their home, it was November, so they had no idea what spring would bring in terms of flowers. They have close to an acre of ground, with a completely walled garden. Toward the back there is (we couldn't see it in the autumn) a formal area, lined in paver and divided into four squares with a lovely nymph fountain taking center stage. The areas are planted in old fashioned pink and white roses, columbine, iris and daffodil, thyme and lavender, and potted proper Scottish Thistle. Hawthorne, Holly and lilac have overgrown and created a small forested spot. Over time, lupine, violet (purple and white),poppy and beloved bluebells have spread into patches that cross paths and scent the air. Fresh moss and ivy trail along the wall and roses line the walk and trellised arch. Elderberry, so sweet it could make you cry, stretch across the corner of the property.

The day we renewed our vows, we had just finished unloading the moving boxes and placing the furniture in the house. George's family and some close friends were coming for a BBQ reception, so the men were gathering wood for the evening's bonfire..there is always reason enough to have a bonfire in Scotland. Anne, George's mum and I had just finished arranging the house and decided to have a glass of wine and a sit down to rest before the renewal.

The sun decided to burst through the clouds and the garden began to warm. The breeze carried the scent of bluebells and roses across the garden. Anne shouted, "Oh no! We didn't order flowers!"

I told her I had no intention of carrying anything but what was in her garden. She and George's Mum hopped up and started gathering bluebells, violets and columbine and no tiny white flowers I'd never seen. They grabbed some greenery from the heather near their doorway, and some white and purple lavender. I had just enough flowers for a posey. Anne put sprigs of bluebell and lavender in my hair, and away we marched into the their glorious Scottish summer garden, where George's da & mum our sons, Anne and George and the dogs witnessed the hubby and myself saying "we still do" after all these years.

I was wearing Bonnie at the time (and Gretna Green during the evening BBQ), but Seelie was right there with me all the time. Mara, any time I'm missing our pals, I can wear this and be instantly transported to their garden. Thank you for knowing exactly what Scotland's summer gardens are: lush and green and fresh with a Sea air rain/ freshly snipped bluebells, roses and heather/pine and hawthorne and holly/elderberry blossom and violet..I'm home away from home.