Unseelie

Gabylicious

I just got Unseelie as my requested freebie during this clearance, and all I can say is drat. I love smoky scents, as in woodsmokey and at LPMP the Smoking Bun, Port Jolie and 221B as well as Katerina Suite. But Unseelie smells like an ash tray (full) on me. No depth beyond that with my skin. Waaaaah, got to go wash up. Oh well, win some (99% are winners from LPMP on me) and lose some.

if you just got it in the mail, wait a few days up to a week and try again.

I get dark leather and a little bit of dirt which together I really like. If you wind up not keeping it, create a trade page, or if you see something you like on my page, unseelie is one that I like a lot.

But don't trade it til you've tried it a few more times a week from now!

OKay. I'll try the "wait & See" method first. It could just be from the weather shift we're having: the aromas that were luscious in 90 degree heat over the weekend smell like cheep shampoo on the crisp cool weather we're having now. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet! After my little outing with Absinthe this morning, I thought I'd try Unseelie again.... it's been a few months. I just love this. It's unlike anything else I've ever smelled. The description with it is brilliant, and right on for me--the leather and oud and all the herbs and resins combine in one intense mood/mind altering blend. I like what I've read about it's feeling grounding and safe despite the trippier aspects. That it's dark, but not evil dark.

I've been known to head out into the woods for meditation and arcane rituals, and Unseelie works perfectly with that. It really does feel like a means of stepping between the worlds. Pure magic.

I'm so sad that I didn't get a sample of this until it was all gone. It's very ethereal to me and the dry down is so lovely. It definitely seems to change as it dries. At first, it reminded me of Washington State - the way the air smells first thing in the morning with grey clouds overhead, damp, woody, a twinge of pine in the air, cool. The dry down shifted it into a sheer, more perfume-like tone, definitely felt unisex to me. It's comforting and peaceful.

Ah well, I will use my little sample and enjoy it while I have it.

• 3 weeks later...

Unseelie is great. Which leather-smell is used in this?

I love the smell of leather and I can say the one is this-- very powerfully dark leather, well-oiled, and super masculine. There was almost something a little bit celery-ish about it.

I'm so sad that I didn't get a sample of this until it was all gone. It's very ethereal to me and the dry down is so lovely. It definitely seems to change as it dries. At first, it reminded me of Washington State - the way the air smells first thing in the morning with grey clouds overhead, damp, woody, a twinge of pine in the air, cool. The dry down shifted it into a sheer, more perfume-like tone, definitely felt unisex to me. It's comforting and peaceful.

Ah well, I will use my little sample and enjoy it while I have it.

I never got around to trying this one, though it had been on my list for quite some time. Storemy's comparison to WA State's morning air would have totally sold me. I love waking up, standing out on my deck and taking a deep breathe. I live in WA state and right on the edge of a protected forest area. I will now search the trading posts to see if there is a sample to be had. I am traveling to Tulsa for a month and would love to bring a little bit of home with me.

• 1 year later...

This scent is fascinating. It goes on backwards from what I would expect. Very wet, I get dark woods and leaves, beautiful even if it almost smells like dirt. Leather starts coming forward not long after and the earthy scent recedes. It is leather for a bit and then the lighter scents of the flowers start making an appearance as the scent deepens. That is rather twisted with its lighter side showing at the end. I like it.