Guavas in the Mist

Synergist

AD-GuavaMist-LovePotion_.jpg

Guavas in the Mist

A carefree, mood-elevating scent featuring the luscious guava, with a whisper of berry to drive those stressful thoughts away, along with a trace of banyan fruit to promote resourcefulness and enlightenment. A misty layer of vanilla and powdered sugar puts you in a happy, playful mental state while the drop of vetiver shows off your beauty and draws love and happiness your way. Follow the lead of the wild Guava Beast and show those stresses how little you actually care. It'll take all their fun away, leaving you to wander freely in a happy, tranquil jungle all your own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GUAVA ~ Encourages romantic notions and fantasy.
BERRIES ~ Love inducing, protection, stamina, vigor.
BANYAN FRUIT ~ Resourcefulness, endurance, rebirth, eternal life, expansion, enlightenment, desire, interdependence. Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
SWEET MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PALE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can it be there is no review thread for this yet? This is absolutely lovely! I get perfectly balanced fruity juiciness, sweet greens, and something almost floral. This is very light and subtle yet tangy, and I could bathe in it. Guavas are another awesome discovery as a scent note!

I should like this, and I do like it around the edges, as it were. But I think the guava, in combination with the banyan fruit, goes too sour on me. And the vetiver is a little too strong. Then it all disappears within the hour.

Surprisingly this is way more floral on me than fruit! Only the very very first moment wet gave me lots of guava. Otherwise it's been quite Perfumey and Grown Up, like, even more than its similar-concept conventionals like the Kors tropical ones. It does threaten to get a bit stabby :/ for all this I accuse the vetiver with which I generally don't get along...use be amping it.

In the vial, this is sweet and fruity. On my skin, this is very tart and fresh. Not sweet at all. My skin obliterated the powdered sugar. I'm not sure what guava or banyan fruit smell like, but I like it. I don't get much berry from this. After about half an hour, the vanilla amber musk combo comes out, as does something peppery. The vetiver maybe...? I like it but not sure if I will order a bottle.

Very nice. Fruity but not really identifiable as 'fruit' so it has a wonderful light sweetness to it that makes it come across as a floral on my skin. The vanilla amber musk layers in there nicely and the powdered sugar keeps it soft. It's not a 'food' scent, it's a light, summery, girly perfume. I got 3 "You smell nice!" while wearing this the first time.

vetiver is in there? I usually amp the hell out of that. Weird.

Guavas in the Mist was almost a no-brainer for me. I hardly even had to smell it; somehow I just knew I was going to love it. I get sweet,

juicy guava, and something a little more tart, but the overall scent is very juicy and light on my skin. And it softens around the edges the longer I wear it, until it simply smells gentle and fruity.

I keep trying to imagine what pheros I could pair this with, according to the 'carefree', and drive-the-stress-away description. Lace? Or Heart & Soul? Maybe Balm Bomb?

So I tried this one out, and I'm not sure if I like it, but I am not sure if I dislike it either, It's very tart? Or strong? It feels masculine on me, when the man part is over, it gets a bit sweeter. I am not a fan of guayabas. Although I do like them because they remind me of Mexico and my parents. I found myself reapplying and sniffing and smiling. After it dries down a bit I get a sugared guava thing, that eventually burns off and turns powdery and soft. It's not something I would wear every day, but it did bring back hot summers in Mexico for me, which was a nice memory.

• 9 months later...

This was the first fruit fragrance that was a hit for me. The second was summertime blue. Guavas in the Mist smells really good in the bottle. Its fruity, but more muted than other fruits I have tried. It doesn’t have that high, piercing, sharpness to it like the others. There is something perfume-y and sophisticated about this scent. It’s not a girl-y type fruit scent. I can’t tell any of the ingredients in this...nothing stands out. It kind of reminds me of Tangy Tart, but more refined and sophisticated. I wore it a second day and I feel like Guavas in the Mist is definitely an upscale version of Tangy Tart to me. My second day wearing it I got my first random stranger compliment on a fruit fragrance - which is really saying something. Usually people are like what is that God awful sour lemon pledge smell? So this one is a winner. :)

Hi Molls,

It's a really nice fragrance. For a fruit fragrance. My skin and fruit do not get along. So when I discovered this one, I was really surprised. I hope it works well for you and you like it as much as I do. :)

Hmm, you've inspired me to try this again, Honeycake. It's been in my trade box for awhile..

• 1 year later...

I'm a little back-and-forth on this one, too. In the vial, there's an edge to it that didn't appeal to me. I can't describe it, but you know how some tropical fruits smell "watery" in a way? It's like that--like it was too "watery tropical." It makes sense in my head, sorry!

I actually like the way it goes on my skin, though. I like fruit scents to start with, and this one is lovely and elegant and acquires a slightly powdery sweetness that I really like.

Also, I love the name and the label. :D

This just in: My husband thinks it smells like baby powder. He seems to think everything smells like baby powder.

• 1 year later...