BodaciouS Musk

Just Ducky

"Pay attention to those capitalized letters, they are a clue! ;p This is based on a discussion on our forum about a floral musk that is no longer on the market in its original form, but Tanya27 found a list of ingredients so I decided to give it a try. Crafted of a bevy of white musks, rounded out with sandalwood and resins and petals of jasmine, lily, iris, rose and ylang ylang...which give the white musk a sense of dimension and elegance."

Oh my stars!! This is even better than the original OTC stuff, guys!!!! Talk about a scent that takes you back in time!

For those of us too young to remember this one in its original life form, Mara's version is a beautiful warm skin musk perfectly balanced with light florals that begs to be huffed and enjoyed by the wearer and everyone in close proximity. You can't compare it to the reincarnated commercial version that may still be floating around, because the commercial re-do is a blatant imposter of the original scent.

This is a light musk fragrance that stays true on dry-down. I'm having a hard time typing because my nose is glued to my arm and has no intentions of moving.

Edited by Just Ducky

I never tried the original, as I never had access to the store until a couple of years ago, so I have nothing to compare to. First on, this was really, really floral. Beautiful, but just a bit too mature on my skin. I almost washed it off, but I'm glad i didn't. Around hour two, the sandalwood came out, and I'm left with this gorgeous musky sandalwood with a hint of jasmine. Despite the sandalwood and resins, it's not a heavy scent. It wafts enough to entice but it isn't in your face. Perfect for elegant occasions, yet casual enough that I plan to wear to a bachelorette party on the lake. Mmmmmm, with BI or SS4W!

My understanding is that BodaciouS Musk was inspired by the original white musk by The Body Shop, which hasn't been around for decades now. The current White Musk by The Body Shop is altogether a different scent due to use of different ingredients.

(Hence the clues of "B'"S" and "M" in BodaciouS Musk.)

BB's spot on -- this is a multi-purpose scent that's perfect for both casual and not-so-casual use. And the jasmine doesn't go "old lady" on me!! Yayyyyy!!!

Is this worth getting another bottle before its gone?I never sniffed it yet but by the time mine gets here, it will probably be gone..

It really, really depends on how your skin is with the floral notes. I wanna say there's jasmine, lily, rose. and something else in there.

It really, really depends on how your skin is with the floral notes. I wanna say there's jasmine, lily, rose. and something else in there.

hmm I think its best for me to sniff it first before buying another..lol

the only floral scent I realized makes my nose feel achy is rose..I like jasmine though..so sultry

Well, I can't find the thread, so I'm not sure which scent this is paying homage to, but it's amazing, and soon will be making its way to me as a beta with 2x LFM!!!

Omg! What a great pairing. Wish I'd thought of that before I made my order. <_< There aren't many bottles left. Doubt it'll last till september when I make another order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm very picky with musks as there are a few musks I simply can't wear as they go soapy or old lady on my skin. But this is unbelievably lovely. It is so soft and subtle, I feel I should bathe my skin in it and I would glow all over. It's gentle, warm skin smell, along the vein of Sneaky Clean, lightly floral and powdery. I think I could layer this with just about anything if I want to add an elegant, womanly edge to what I'm wearing.

Been wearing this slathered on my wrists all day and it has lasted really well. I keep enjoying a sniff of my wrists from time to time. I really love how it makes me enjoy the feeling of "warm" skin - like it draws attention to, or makes me notice, the heat coming out of my body, in a really nice way. I don't know if that makes sense at all!

I'm a bit sad though looking over the trade threads that no one is offering any of this for sale, and Mara said she probably couldn't make anymore!! :(

I'm very picky with musks as there are a few musks I simply can't wear as they go soapy or old lady on my skin. But this is unbelievably lovely. It is so soft and subtle, I feel I should bathe my skin in it and I would glow all over. It's gentle, warm skin smell, along the vein of Sneaky Clean, lightly floral and powdery. I think I could layer this with just about anything if I want to add an elegant, womanly edge to what I'm wearing.

Syn, this reminded me of Sneaky Clean as well!!

This was very interesting on me. It smelled super luxe. Like a fancy white gloves type of luxe. White bathrobe and medi spa type of luxe. It smells very expensive. I was able to pick out lilies, which to me smells like a combo of white, green and water- which immediately makes me think of those beautiful casablanca lilies that always look insanely beautiful and expensive in a vase. That's what this musk reminds me of. It's very beautiful and I could see myself wearing this when I go out to weddings or a nice dinner. I actually have a wedding to go to this weekend- so I might wear this with SS4W.,or La Fem- which I think would go nicely together.

I really love how it makes me enjoy the feeling of "warm" skin - like it draws attention to, or makes me notice, the heat coming out of my body, in a really nice way. I don't know if that makes sense at all!

I have that same reaction to TMI, so I get what you mean.

This is the ONE, the best of my musk collection! It's such a beautiful, complex scent, a very close-to-skin scent. I get jasmin, rose and ylang-ylang from the bottle and on the skin as well. A must-have for lovers of light floral musky scents!

I have the following LP musks (so far):

BodaciouS Musk (the winner)

Exotic Musk (second winner)

Orchid Musk

French Musk

Vintage Musk

• 1 month later...

I didn't get around to trying the "B" "S" version but this one has really exceeded my expectations. When it arrived I sniffed it from the bottle, as did the hubbs and we were both a little. Oh, err, not getting much there. Which I should know by now means nothing and should be utterly ignored. I only really got around to properly trying this a couple of nights ago. As it warmed on my skin it really bloomed. The florals kinda blended and I couldn't really pick any one note out and I hadn't checked the ingredients but it was just beautiful. I went to work the following morning with something else, can't remember what is was but it faded after a few hours and I put my jumper on and my goodness I there was this devine smell. You know when you are hunting it out, who is it, what are you wearing and then you realise it is you! I wore thar jumper the night before and the Bodacious musk was lingering on it.

• 1 month later...

This turns out to be really light and soft on my skin. I wore it to work. My skin ate it all up and i refreshed about one hour later. I love this even though this does not smell like the original. It is very classy and feminine, like Denise's Musky White Orchid. I'll have to test it more as I would like to see it evolves and if I can pick out the sandalwood and resins in it.

To me, it smells EXACTLY like the original -- the original from wayyyyy back when, not the one that's currently available. It's definitely a "skin" scent -- it needs skin warmth to bloom, and only announces itself to those close around you. It's a gorgeous musk floral that whispers instead of screaming. Kudos to Mara!

• 8 months later...

This is quite the twisty little morpher on me. Wet it's pretty sharp with the florals. 20 minutes in and it's very soapy and actually reminds me of Sneaky Clean quite a bit. I am thinking it's nice but I can live without it. Then, hours later the super long dry down...OMG I am dying at the most gorgeous soft musk ever. I spent literally an hour in bed sniffing my arms. And now, in the morning I went right back to it despite having 15 other things I need to test. LOVE.