Plum Dandy

luna65

Plum Dandy

Close your eyes...take a deep breath and smell that most succulent of summer delicacies, the luscious purple...plum. Let your imagination wander, picturing your teeth sinking into the ripe flesh. This heady scent evokes the feeling of that sweet, syrupy goodness exploding into your mouth and rolling across your tongue. Savor the unique fragrance of three unique plums as they instill a loving warmth within your soul, and see if you can pick out the lightly spiced, warm notes of Autumn woods. It's the perfect way to end a Summer and welcome the first hints of Fall, so take another deep breath and relish the sweet delight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is a great idea because plum is such a wonderful fruit to use in fragrance for just about any season BUT sadly the plum accords in this one go really medicinal on me. The drydown, on the other hand, is really a great Autumn evocation: spicy and woodsy and cozy. I think a guy could wear this because I don't get any sweetness at all, actually.

I want to like this. I love plum! I love autumn spices! I love woods!!! It smelled great in the vial, but on my skin, the plum ran everything else away. I'm going to let this mellow for a bit and try in a week or so to see what my skin thinks.

Edited by BlueBear

I love the way plum smells but this was weird on me, it turned into Ricola or the Halls of medicine.

There was a spicy kick to it as well, but the Ricola part kind of took over. It reminded me of cold rainy days snuggling on the couch, so that wasn't such a bad thing.

'Fraid I must agree with my fellow ladies here -- it's lovely on cold sniff, but it just doesn't like my skin for some reason. And I really really wanted to like this one, because I adore spiced plum scents.

I'm going to continue giving it the ol' college try; sometimes it takes a few attempts for my skin to finally "understand" a new scent!

I want to like this. I love plum! I love autumn spices! I love woods!!! It smelled great in the vial, but on my skin, the plum ran everything else away. I'm going to let this mellow for a bit and try in a week or so to see what my skin thinks.

Same for me...but I didn't dislike it, I just really wanted the woods to show up with the plum. Going to try again in a few weeks.

Is there mint in this?

No; I think it's just the effect of the plum accords. Some fruit/berry accords can turn medicinal.

I wonder how Plum Dandy and Blatant Invitation would get along together, given how well BI works with the dark fruits in Torrid S. I think I'll give this a try this afternoon out of curiosity.

ETA: Layering BI spray over the Plum Dandy made for a nice combo. It's probably not related to the BI, but this time the plum/fruit accord did NOT turn medicinal. Instead, there was a juniper berry or eucalyptus-like scent that overwhelmed the fruit accord. It did that on both the "test" arm (with BI) and the "control" arm (without BI).

Plum Dandy is definitely interesting -- it smells different each time I use it! I really wish the fruit accord had stayed around longer.

Edited by Just Ducky

No, I think what is being perceived as mint-like is actually a drop of pine in the wood accord.

Ah wow, okay. I don't know that I've ever had that reaction to a pine note before, but I've worn berry scents which definitely did the cough syrup thing.

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what I had been hoping for from another (non-LP) plum scent in a galaxy far far away that disappointed me because it ended up smelling like the inside of a craft store on me. Not this one! Deep, juicy plums are the heart of this, obviously, a little more tart at first and gradually mellowing out and letting warm woody and slightly spicy undertones come through. The more it dries down, the more addictive it is. No craft store to be smelled, woohoo!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been revisiting some tucked-away samples this morning, and I must say, this has aged very nicely! At first, I did get that medicinal cough drop smell, but on my skin, it morphed in seconds. It is now a juicy, syrupy plum with just a hint of light spices, it is reminding me of a plum cobbler. This has become what I hoped it would be, so glad I hung on to this. Yum!

• 1 month later...

I'll back up the other reviewers on this one; I do get a "lozenge" scent. A specific one, actually: Bach Rescue Pastilles in Black Currant, although it's a juicier scent in Plum Dandy. It's not a bad smell by any means, but not a favorite LP, I think.

Sadly as much as I love them, many of the dark fruits/berries can go a bit cough syrupy on me, but it seems to really depend on what they are blended with. I remember having this problem with Nox. It smelled lovely in the bottle but once on my skin, it went toward the medicinal end of the spectrum. I let it rest for a while, tried again and had the same problem. I let a friend try it and it smelled BEAUTIFUL on her!!! Blame my wonky skin chemistry, because the Nox was just incredible on her. I think if resins outweigh the fruit, they are completely doable on me.

• 2 years later...

At first, I pick up a bit of refreshing cedar or pine and not quite ripe muddled plum, and something Ricola-like. The mint and Ricola fade within about five minutes and the plum comes forward, now beginning to warm. There's a hint of barely nose-tickling spice (forgotten what the notes are here, save the plum). I forgot to read the description when the sample arrived, but thete seems to be a tart citrus in the background that brightens the plum~sort of the samexeffect as adding orange or lemon zest to a plum or blueberry dish. After about 20 minutes, the citrus is nearly nonexistent. The spices are coming into play. This truly reminds me of steaming a pudding, how you only smell one or two ingredients when you first place something into into the pot, but as it heats the scents warm and the oils in the spices release.

After an hour this gradually changed into a spicy, healing plum tea scent on my skin. This dances into the same arena as infusion for me. I'd use this more than likely as a focus or meditation potion, as this one seems to want to pull me forward and move me ahead on a path.